Showing results 1 to 25 of 120
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pen
Forum: General May 27th 07, 07:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Pen
Computer clock is too slow

ealadi wrote:
My computer clock looses 2-4 minutes per week. It is set to
synchronize automatically, but the sync takes place only once per
week. Can I set the synchronization to take place...
Forum: General May 26th 07, 08:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Pen
Main ATX motherboard Power socket question

Haymish Pupkin wrote:
Hi

Can someone tell me if it's OK to plug in a 20pin Power cable into a 24pin
socket on this mainboard?

Forum: General May 25th 07, 09:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Pen
Computer won't turn on, power supply squeals

kony wrote:
On 25 May 2007 11:36:05 -0700, Ben
wrote:

We have a PC that's a component of a much bigger system. The system
uses European-style power (it was...
Forum: General May 25th 07, 07:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

Ben wrote:
We have a PC that's a component of a much bigger system. The system
uses European-style power (it was made in France), so the computer's
power supply must be set to 230 volts. After...
Forum: Dell Computers May 22nd 07, 10:38 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Pen
Dell Dimension 4500 Question

Cass Lewart wrote:
On my newly acquired (found at the curb) D4500 I get a message at boot
time that the cooling fan is not working. If I get a cooling fan where
should I connect it on the...
Forum: Dell Computers May 22nd 07, 01:26 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Pen
Dell Inspiron 2200 Microphone Built-in? If it is i'm Scre...

Piecesof88 wrote:
Hi all,
I have a Dell inspiron 2200 that either has no built-in Mic (has an
outlet for one) or it's the Sigma Tel C-MajorAudio card. I'm possitive
that i was able to use the...
Forum: Dell Computers May 19th 07, 07:29 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By Pen
Automatic Startup Config in BIOS

wrote:
I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 and I was wondering if it is possible to
configure the BIOS to automatically turn the computer on at a set time
each day and how to go...
Forum: Dell Computers May 19th 07, 02:28 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 19
Posted By Pen
Old Laptop

Excel Line wrote:
"Excel Line" ha scritto nel messaggio

When I suspend (on ram) the laptop, when I resume it goes on...
Forum: Dell Computers May 19th 07, 02:23 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Pen
Connect Parallel Printer to USB?

Charlie Allnut wrote:
Just got me a nice new Dimension E521 desktop with WIN XP instead of Vista.
Very nice computer-- except Mikey saved a few bucks by leaving off a
parallel port. Now I see...
Forum: Dell Computers May 19th 07, 12:23 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By Pen
Dim 8300: Can't find motherboard USB connector for All-in-onememory card reader (in floppy bay)

Thomas G. Marshall wrote:
For my Dimension 8300, I bought a generic internal 2.0 memory card reader
(SD/compactflash/etc...) that installs in a floppy drive bay.

Cool idea, except that it...
Forum: Dell Computers May 18th 07, 02:00 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 19
Posted By Pen
Old Laptop

Excel Line wrote:
"Excel Line" ha scritto nel messaggio

Speed step was disable from BIOS before start benchs

Uhm... it...
Forum: Dell Computers May 18th 07, 12:07 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 19
Posted By Pen
Old Laptop

Excel Line wrote:
"BigJim" ha scritto nel messaggio

try this link for a good diagnostics tool...
Forum: General May 17th 07, 03:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Pen
What's wrong with Acer's BIOS ?

wrote:
On May 7, 9:20 pm, "Vanguard" wrote:
penang wrote in message

Just updated...
Forum: Acer Computers May 17th 07, 03:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Pen
What's wrong with Acer's BIOS ?

wrote:
On May 7, 9:20 pm, "Vanguard" wrote:
penang wrote in message

Just updated...
Forum: Dell Computers May 16th 07, 05:52 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Pen
Dell 9150 Parts List

Dick wrote:
Where can I find a list of parts for my Dell Dimension 9150? I have a
fan going out, and need to know what to order.

Docs are found here, but probably not a parts...
Forum: General May 15th 07, 06:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Pen
Definition of Registered and Buffered SDRAM

Aaron Gray wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to find out if buffered and registered are the same thing on
PC133 SDRAM.

Wikipedia does not seem to mention anything about "registered" or "buffered"...
Forum: Dell Computers May 14th 07, 05:54 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Pen
Dell PowerEdge PE2950 System Board OEM/ODM