Showing results 1 to 25 of 48
Search took 0.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Strutter1982
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 10th 07, 09:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Strutter1982
nVidia vs ATI drivers

"Another Dave" wrote in message
Parrôtt wrote:
Just curious as to why nVidia don't update their drivers as often as ATI.

Forum: Ati Videocards May 5th 07, 12:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 7
Posted By Strutter1982
X850 or X1650

"Frederick J. Barnett" wrote in message
I need one final clarification before I buy. In some places, the
X1650XT is said to...
Forum: Ati Videocards May 4th 07, 08:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 7
Posted By Strutter1982
X850 or X1650

"Frederick J. Barnett" wrote in message
Which would be the better card for me to upgrade to? It has to
be one or the other...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards April 21st 07, 07:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 5
Posted By Strutter1982
m55plus-s3g front panel sound connectors???

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Strutter1982 wrote:

Thanks very much for the helpful reply, but I have since worked it out
and have it running...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards April 21st 07, 02:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 5
Posted By Strutter1982
m55plus-s3g front panel sound connectors???

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Strutter1982 wrote:
I have the GA-M55Plus-S3G board that has front panel sound connection for
8 channel sound, but...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards April 20th 07, 08:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 5
Posted By Strutter1982
m55plus-s3g front panel sound connectors???

I have the GA-M55Plus-S3G board that has front panel sound connection for 8
channel sound, but my case has plugs for 6 channel sound, so is there a way
to make it work?
all the plugs are...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 15th 07, 01:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By Strutter1982
ATI Cards prone to failure?

If your system keeps going through video cards, then I'd assume that there's
something wrong with your computer, not the ATI cards.

"RT" wrote in message...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 30th 07, 01:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 8
Posted By Strutter1982
Cat 7.3 is out...but not working well under Vista???

I just updated from 7.2 to 7.3 under Vista Home Premium 32 bit and it now
takes a few minutes for the program to start everytime i start Windows....I
uninstalled the last version completely using...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors March 19th 07, 04:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 3
Posted By Strutter1982
AM2 Sempron 3000+ oc settings

Thanks for that, I knew there was a hidden menu in the bios, but couldn't
remember what. After just a quick attempt It seems to be running stable at
2.1Ghz which is alright for now, but i'll have...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors March 18th 07, 05:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 3
Posted By Strutter1982
AM2 Sempron 3000+ oc settings

Sorry It runs standard at 1.6Ghz, not 1.8Ghz

"Strutter1982" wrote in message
I currently run an AM2 Sempron 3000+...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors March 18th 07, 05:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 3
Posted By Strutter1982
AM2 Sempron 3000+ oc settings

I currently run an AM2 Sempron 3000+ @ 1.8Ghz on a Gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G
m/board.

I have been having some hassles with the overclocking settings, I currently
run it at around 2Ghz without a...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors February 13th 07, 06:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 4
Posted By Strutter1982
Athlon XP 2500 vs. Sempron 3000 Socket 462

Sempron is basically a cheap version of an Athlon XP processor, so if they
sell one they should sell the other.
The Athlon XP would be the better cpu to buy.

"Chris Lewis" ...
Forum: Ati Videocards February 12th 07, 11:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 1
Posted By Strutter1982
Best AM2 motherboard for Crossfire

Hi, I wanna set up a crossfire system consisting of 2 x HIS X1650 Pros
(512Mb GDDR3), running an AMD DC 3800 AM2 with 2Gb 677 DDR2, as you can see
it's no power/expensive system but it will do the...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 10th 07, 12:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 59
Posted By Strutter1982
7600gs AGP rubbish!

"Lars-Erik Østerud" .@. wrote in message
Larry Roberts wrote:

and device drivers? You'd be supprised how well it works. Besides...
It's free of...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 10th 07, 12:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 59
Posted By Strutter1982
7600gs AGP rubbish!

Re-installing Windows, fresh or not, is a piece of cake. It's the
configuring of said OS that takes far too much time and hassle to get
it back to the way you had it.

Well...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 6th 07, 09:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Posted By Strutter1982
X1650Pro's in crossfire

"TeK" wrote in message
The x1650 pro is not a "poor" performer in the least, and blows away a
7600gs that it...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 3rd 07, 11:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Posted By Strutter1982
X1650Pro's in crossfire

Hi ppl, It's come time for me to update my terrible 256Mb 7300GS Noobvidia
card, and would really appreciate a little info from anyone who is running a
pair of 256Mb DDR3 X1650Pro's in...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 3rd 07, 11:02 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 25
Posted By Strutter1982
Are DDR and DDR2 Rams compatible ?

Nope, you'll have to buy some DDR2.

Currently I have a mainboard with two DDR Ram modules:

512 MB PC2700 DDR 133Mhz
and
512 MB PC3200 DDR 166Mhz

Can I use these RAMs in a new mainboard...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 2nd 07, 09:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By Strutter1982
Problem with 7300GS

Not sure why my post ended up here...was ment to be in its own subject...

I have recently been experiencing a problem with my computer, sometimes if
leave the computer going for several...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 2nd 07, 09:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By Strutter1982
Problem with 7300GS

I have recently been experiencing a problem with my computer, sometimes if I
leave the computer going for several hours then go to use it, the screen
(19" LCD) is blank except for a little msg saying...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 2nd 07, 02:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By Strutter1982
Screen losing connection to computer

I have recently been experiencing a problem with my computer, sometimes if I
leave the computer going for several hours then go to use it, the screen
(19" LCD) is blank except for a little msg...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 27th 06, 03:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Strutter1982
ECS KA3 MVP Motherboard

Hi,
Does anybody know where I can get my hands on an ECS KA3 MVP Crossfire
motherboard in Australia?

I've tried everywhere and can't get a single result!

Can anybody help?

Thanks
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards December 27th 06, 01:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte
Replies: 1
Posted By Strutter1982
Is Gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G Motherboard OK for my setup?

Here are the new parts:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 (AM2) 3800+ CPU
Gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G Motherboard
EVGA's NVIDIA GeForce PCIe 7900 GS (256 MB) Video Card
2 GB of RAM (Kingston/Micron/Corsair...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors December 27th 06, 01:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte
Replies: 8
Posted By Strutter1982
Is Gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G Motherboard OK for my setup?

Here are the new parts:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 (AM2) 3800+ CPU
Gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G Motherboard
EVGA's NVIDIA GeForce PCIe 7900 GS (256 MB) Video Card
2 GB of RAM (Kingston/Micron/Corsair...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors December 23rd 06, 01:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 4
Posted By Strutter1982
Voltage on an AM2 Sempron 3000+

Hi, I've been having a fiddle with my current system, and I've currently got
it running stable at about 1900Mhz from the stock 1600Mhz, this running at
stock voltages and untouched memory...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 48