Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: James
Forum: Ati Videocards October 5th 10, 04:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 11
Posted By James
ATI Radeon undocumented bug- Can't use Radeon with with CRT's.

On Sep 30, 8:20*pm, Paul wrote:
Ed Light wrote:
I'm wondering if installing/not installing the monitor driver from the
monitor manufacturer could make a difference?

Forum: Ati Videocards October 16th 08, 03:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 13
Posted By James
I'm looking for a ATI4850 but what brand??

On Oct 16, 8:17*am, Gert wrote:
HIS or Asus. They all use the stock fan design anyway so the noise level
should be the same. Latest ATI CAT 8.10 driver has fan control so...
Forum: Ati Videocards August 6th 08, 08:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By James
4850 on PCI-E 1.0

On Aug 6, 6:39*am, "Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)"
wrote:
dayvall wrote:
Could anyone please tell me if the 4850 will work ok on PCI-E 1.0 board
and if so how much...
Forum: Ati Videocards July 4th 08, 08:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 25
Posted By James
HD 4870 X2 ready by August, has 2gig of ram.

On Jul 4, 2:09*am, (GMAN) wrote:
In article , "First of One" wrote:And to make matters more...
Forum: Ati Videocards May 23rd 08, 07:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 10
Posted By James
Sapphire 100171L X1950PRO 512MB Questions/Problems

On May 23, 2:14*pm, KingsHead wrote:
Hi all,

I just bought the above card (Sapphire 100171L X1950PRO 512MB). Card is
a AGP card.
Bought this PSU, Xigmatek NRP-MC751 750watt....
Forum: Ati Videocards December 11th 07, 01:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By James
Fastest card with passive cooling?

On Dec 10, 10:04 pm, "KlausK" wrote:
"Thomas Engler" wrote in message

Hi!

Are there any...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 13th 07, 04:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 7
Posted By James
Is $500 Video card any better than $50?

On Nov 13, 1:10 am, Red Cloud wrote:
On Nov 12, 7:26 am, "Augustus" wrote:

"Red Cloud" wrote in message

Forum: Ati Videocards November 7th 07, 02:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 22
Posted By James
Want to go from a nvidia card to ati card, what problems can i expect?

On Nov 6, 5:08 pm, ATIuser wrote:
On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 08:35:52 -0800 'James'
wrote this on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati:

On Nov 6, 10:23 am, ATIuser...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 6th 07, 04:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 22
Posted By James
Want to go from a nvidia card to ati card, what problems can i expect?

On Nov 6, 10:23 am, ATIuser wrote:

back to ATI cards
If I could install an x1950 or similar in my next build w/o having
to install .NET to install the...
Forum: Ati Videocards June 29th 07, 01:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 8
Posted By James
powercolor noisy fans

On Jun 28, 10:43 pm, "Spock" wrote:
Hello Everyone
This is the my third powercolor video card and all of them, the fans become
noisy after 6 moths
is this normal?...
Forum: Ati Videocards May 24th 07, 04:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
Posted By James
whats the latest catalyst that doesn't .net?

On May 23, 6:03 pm, "Keith Whitfield" k.whitfield@NO
SPAMblueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Hi what's the newest version of the ati catalyst I can install without .net
framework ?
also would I have to...
Forum: Ati Videocards May 15th 07, 04:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
Posted By James
Help me identify mad dog/ati video card

On May 15, 11:51 am, "Greg Laux" wrote:
I have acquired an AGP video card and need help identifying it so I can
download a driver. It has a "powered by ATI" sticker on the fan...
Forum: Ati Videocards May 3rd 07, 08:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 7
Posted By James
X850 or X1650

On May 3, 3:03 pm, "Ken Maltby" wrote:
"Frederick J. Barnett" wrote in ...

Which would be the...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 13th 07, 02:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 8
Posted By James
ATI cards

On Mar 12, 5:43 pm, "Tony Pacc" wrote:
"James" wrote in message

On Mar 12, 12:04 pm,...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 12th 07, 06:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 8
Posted By James
ATI cards

On Mar 12, 12:04 pm, "Tony Pacc" wrote:
Are there any ATI cards that dont share system memory,it seems like all the
ones I look at have what they call (hyper ) something or...
Forum: Ati Videocards February 19th 07, 03:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 13
Posted By James
X1600 pro card won't install

On Feb 18, 10:11 am, wrote:
On 15 Feb, 18:10, "JamesH" wrote:

Are you sure there is nothing in your system from an old video card? How
Forum: Ati Videocards February 19th 07, 03:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 8
Posted By James
Saffire XP1600 driver install problems / how does ATI driver handle OEM cards?

On Feb 16, 5:35 pm, Alan Hall wrote:
In message , Davej
writes

On Feb 16, 10:40 am,...
Forum: Ati Videocards February 16th 07, 08:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 8
Posted By James
Saffire XP1600 driver install problems / how does ATI driver handle OEM cards?

On Feb 16, 2:37 pm, Alan Hall wrote:
In message ,
James writes

On Feb 16, 11:40 am,...
Forum: Ati Videocards February 16th 07, 06:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 8
Posted By James
Saffire XP1600 driver install problems / how does ATI driver handle OEM cards?

On Feb 16, 11:40 am, wrote:
I have been struggling for several days to install drivers for a Saffire
XP1600PRO on an ASUS P5GZ-MX under W2K. I suspect we'll give up on it
Forum: Ati Videocards January 22nd 07, 04:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 16
Posted By James
Recommendation for Vista Video Card

Captain Midnight wrote:
"James" wrote in message

B. Schneier wrote:
Can someone recommend an...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 19th 07, 07:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 16
Posted By James
Recommendation for Vista Video Card

B. Schneier wrote:
Can someone recommend an inexpensive video card that will make use of
the Aero Graphical Interface for a business environment on a computer
that uses graphic and video...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 11th 07, 03:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Posted By James
system memory

Tony Pacc wrote:
Which cards are Non Hypermemrory ?
"Phil Chung" wrote in message
Cuzman wrote:

Forum: Ati Videocards December 22nd 06, 04:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
Posted By James
AGP video card for dual monitor and gaming

wrote:
herc wrote:
I am looking to spend around $100 to $130 for a AGP video card to
upgrade my NVidia 5200. The two requirements are dual monitor support
and a...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 11th 06, 02:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
Posted By James
Is VisionTek a good brand?

I had a Visiontek X700 Pro, and had no problems at all with it. Its
currently used in a lab machine for Vista testing.

A couple things to look at when choosing a high end card; cooling and
drivers....
Forum: Ati Videocards November 15th 06, 04:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By James
upgrade to PCI?

The VerticalSTAB wrote:
Just wondered when i look at prices for the PCI graphics crads they seem to
be cheaper than AGP card why is this? Also is PCI alot faster than AGP is it
worth the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 43