Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.46 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: meerkat[_3_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 20th 08, 07:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
Adding more RAM?

"BobK" wrote in message
I have an older Athlon 2500+ computer that is showing 512K of RAM.
There appears to be...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 20th 08, 04:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
Adding more RAM?

"BobK" wrote in message
Hello,

I have an older Athlon 2500+ computer that is showing 512K of RAM.
There appears...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 13th 08, 03:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
New HD Transfering Software

"Tom" wrote in message
My current HD is sounding much louder over time. I am concerned that
it...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 4th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
Upgrading laptop hard drive

"OhioGuy" wrote in message ...
I've got a ~ 16 month old Dell Inspiron 1300 Laptop that has a 60 GB
hard drive. (actually gives me about 50 GB of true...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 2nd 08, 07:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
Blue screen system halted message when OS starts to load

"Lee MacMillan" wrote in message
Recently had to replace a failed mobo and do a repair install of
Windows
2000. All...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 26th 08, 08:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
Computer won't load XP? WAS ASUS's Approved Ram List?

"Robert Blass" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 21:05:28 -0500, Robert Blass
sayd the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 20th 08, 05:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
Why not external power bricks for desktop PC?

wrote in message
Is it possible to use an external power "brick" for a
desktop like a laptop uses in order to keep the heat
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 19th 08, 08:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
Acronis

"Terry" wrote in message
On Feb 19, 2:10 pm, "tpow" wrote:
"Terry"...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 8th 08, 08:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
Asus A8N SLI premium

"Terry" wrote in message
My eyes are not good.
A friend of mine says this is the mobo he has.
He also says he can have...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 8th 08, 07:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 29
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
Volume control on task bar

"Gordon" wrote in message
The volume control on my computer's task bar has vanished and I
can't figure out how to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 4th 08, 03:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
DATA RECOVERY

wrote in message
Hi,there
I am a student of a+ [hardware coures] .I would be very thankfull...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 2nd 08, 08:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 25
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
Acronis for copying Windows partition?

"John Doe" wrote in message
"meerkat" wrote:
"John Doe" wrote...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 2nd 08, 07:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 25
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
Acronis for copying Windows partition?

"John Doe" wrote in message

What is the simplest version of Acronis for making a hidden copy of
the Windows...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 24th 08, 08:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
PCI card with two serial ports

"Gordon" wrote in message
I recently built a new desktop computer for my home office, using
a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 19th 08, 02:35 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Replies: 3
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
what can be done about bacopy .bci files?

"why?" wrote in message

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 23:54:42 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Well...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 17th 08, 09:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
strange software behavior winxp hp laptop

"~AlicGinnis~" wrote in message
thanks for the suggestion to update the virus definitions.
They are current, and updated...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 17th 08, 03:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
Could someone tell me the difference between burning a UDF and a ISO/UDF DVD?

"Ron Cliburn" wrote in message
I tried to burn a DVD and had one file over 2 gigs. The rest were
under 2 gigs. The...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 16th 08, 08:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
Best stress test?

"Larc" wrote in message
I'm sure this has been discussed here, but a search turned up nothing.
What's a good...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 12th 08, 08:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 34
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
Backing up XP

"Terry" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 20:03:49 -0000, "Me" wrote:

"meerkat"...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 12th 08, 07:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
need recommendation for cloning software

"~AlicGinnis~" wrote in message
Hi,
I've been reading cloning software such as Clonn Max, Norton Ghost,
Aconis, etc.,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 12th 08, 07:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 34
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
Backing up XP

"Terry" wrote in message
My nephew is notorious for getting spyware on my computer. I use
FSecure. I was lucky enough...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 4th 08, 03:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
External drive - SATA to USB?

"RF" wrote in message
meerkat wrote:
"RF" wrote in message
I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 3rd 08, 07:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
HELP

"lvha" wrote in message
We are not too savvy but we have been donated
some older...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 3rd 08, 10:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
External drive - SATA to USB?

"RF" wrote in message
I have some serious trouble with a 750 GB Seagate external drive that I
have attached to my computer. The...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 3rd 08, 10:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By meerkat[_3_]
usb midi interface wanted

"lisa navahto" wrote in message
I am in search of usb midi intercace for connecting my music keyboard
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26