Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 22nd 07, 03:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Lock-in puzzle

wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to get an old notebook pc running again. Its a low spec
machine, but is plenty for what little I'm going to do with it, which
is little more than...

wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to get an old notebook pc running again. Its a low spec
machine, but is plenty for what little I'm going to do with it, which
is little more than...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 22nd 07, 02:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
New system won't post

On Jun 21, 7:37 pm, "Matty Anderson" wrote:
Yesterday I assembled a new system:
Biostar NF4U AM2G mobo
Sapphire X1950XT Pro PCI-E video card
AMD 400+ X2 cpu
Apevia...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 3rd 07, 07:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.os.windows-xp
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
failing to verify

On Jun 3, 10:08 am, "Craig" wrote:
I have a samsung dvd burner, using nero 6 software, windows xp sp2, 512 mb
ram, athlon 2600 processor. It burns fine. I can take the dvd...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 19th 07, 12:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
What went wrong? Over-heated?

On May 17, 11:03 am, "David" wrote:
Hi! after I tried to install PC-BSD then I found that it had wrongly
installed onto
my C:/Win.xp partition. I have tried to removed it by...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 17th 07, 06:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Unexpected shutdown

On May 16, 10:47 pm, "Richard R. Graham"
wrote:
After 2 trouble free years my computer now suddenly shuts down within
several minutes of having a Linksys wireless network...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 12th 07, 12:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
S.M.A.R.T. Says My Drive is GREAT, BUT it's making noises??

On May 10, 2:07 pm, Bob Brown INC. wrote:
According to the S.M.A.R.T. Stats my drive is in GOOD shape.
But the Drive is making noises that are a sign of failure...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 8th 07, 07:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
"Bird Chirping" Noise Hard drive, seagate only?

On May 8, 2:45 pm, Bob Brown INC. wrote:
Got a 7200.10 drive, the 320gb sata II one
It has LOADS of complaints of BIRD CHIRPING noises, many many
complaints.

I see...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 8th 07, 04:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Wireless networking help needed

I need a max troughput of 54Mbps for a wireless network,with a max
range of 221ft which must be at 5Ghz frequency range.
can 802.11a,802.11b or 802.11g meet my demands

Thanks
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 3rd 07, 02:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Laptop Randomly Shuts Down

On May 2, 9:06 pm, (truckdogg4) wrote:
My wife has a Toshiba M35X-S161 laptop that has randomly started
shutting down for no apparent reason. Any suggestions?

u shud first...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 2nd 07, 12:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
How to install an English Version of Windows XP on an Arabic Version?

On May 2, 7:09 am, wrote:
On May 2, 6:54 am, "meerkat" wrote:

wrote in message

Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 2nd 07, 12:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
How to install an English Version of Windows XP on an Arabic Version?

On May 2, 6:54 am, "meerkat" wrote:
wrote in message

Member since: May 02,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 2nd 07, 11:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
How to install an English Version of Windows XP on an Arabic Version?

Member since: May 02, 2007
Total points: 96 (Level 1)
Points earned this week:
--% Best...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 1st 07, 12:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
UBCD4WIN doesn't finish booting

On May 1, 6:47 am, wrote:
The build and the ISO create without a hitch, but when I boot from the
ISO
, all I get is a blue screen. Any ideas

is it iso 9660? or may be yr...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 29th 07, 05:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Fatal system errors when booting up

On Apr 29, 11:10 am, Dave Rado wrote:
Recently when booting up I have frequently but not always get the
following message before getting to the login screen:

"STOP:...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 27th 07, 04:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
error message bugging me!

On Apr 26, 6:03 pm, jinxy wrote:
Hey, anyone know what the hell an "shs runtime 6 overflow is? Is is
virus or spyware related?Please let me know if you have had this
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 26th 07, 07:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
System Rebooting

On Apr 26, 11:57 am, Frank McCoy wrote:
In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt spodosaurus

wrote:
Frank McCoy wrote:
In...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 20th 07, 01:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Installing RAID on Intel motherboard

On Apr 19, 3:39 pm, " wrote:
I am having a great deal of difficulty installing RAID on a new
computer I have just completed. The motherboard is a Intel...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 18th 07, 03:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
No signal to monitor and keyboard lights flashing

On Apr 18, 9:41 am, wrote:
On Apr 17, 11:45 pm, "Michael Hawes"

wrote:
wrote in message

Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 18th 07, 02:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
AMD Mobile 3400

On Apr 18, 8:53 am, "Brian" wrote:
Is there a difference between a amd 3400 mobile and desktop cpu? I was
looking at a mobile 3400 on ebay to put in a biostar mb I have...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 18th 07, 02:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
USB device not Recognize

On Apr 17, 3:33 pm, Paul wrote:
wrote:
On Apr 16, 10:33 pm, Paul wrote:
wrote:
When I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 17th 07, 11:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
USB device not Recognize

On Apr 16, 10:33 pm, Paul wrote:
wrote:
When I plug my coby mp3 player in my USB connection it is not found by
windows
I then try the add...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 17th 07, 11:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Need network help

Jami wrote:
Ok guys,

I need some network/internet connections sharing help. I have a
wirless network with a laptop and a PC. They both have wireless cards
installed. The PC...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 17th 07, 11:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Need network help

Jami wrote:
Ok guys,

I need some network/internet connections sharing help. I have a
wirless network with a laptop and a PC. They both have wireless cards
installed. The PC...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 17th 07, 01:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
USB device not Recognize

When I plug my coby mp3 player in my USB connection it is not found by
windows
I then try the add new hardware wizard still no progress I then
restarted my system and windows found new hardware MTP...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32