Showing results 1 to 25 of 59
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JDa™©
Forum: Dell Computers February 20th 10, 03:08 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By JDa™©
OT - Domain Name Question

On 2/18/2010 10:50 PM, Von Fourche, did transcribed the following::
I have a question on domain names. I know how to buy them, I have a
couple and use one for my site. But anybody can
Forum: Dell Computers February 4th 10, 04:43 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By JDa™©
Dell's Driver Site

Pen, did transcribed the following::
I recently tried downloading some drivers from Dell's site
using Firefox 3.6, which they say is OK. Not Opera or
Safari, but I couldn't get it to work. I...
Forum: Dell Computers August 24th 09, 05:23 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 32
Posted By JDa™©
FireFox: Typing Address NAME ONLY In Address Bar No Longer Works

Monica, did transcribed the following::
Drum roll...IT'S WORKING!
It was Frank's advice that ultimately did the trick. However, I'd seen that
info more than once yesterday in my searches. As...
Forum: Dell Computers August 23rd 09, 12:54 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 32
Posted By JDa™©
FireFox: Typing Address NAME ONLY In Address Bar No Longer Works

Monica, did transcribed the following::
Then I totally cleared my cache and history files then

restarted FF and repeated the test and it worked as expected.
And what was...
Forum: Dell Computers August 23rd 09, 12:37 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 32
Posted By JDa™©
FireFox: Typing Address NAME ONLY In Address Bar No Longer Works

Monica, did transcribed the following::
I posted this question to the Mozilla newsgroup 3 days ago. No replies
:( I've gotten one response on the Mozilla forum on line but it wasn't what
I...
Forum: Dell Computers June 25th 09, 05:46 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By JDa™©
Couple of Win 7 upgrade question

I currently have a Dell Dimension E521 using the AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual
core 4600+ cpu, and 2gb ram. And I am running the MS Vista Home Prem
32-bit operating system.
1st question, should I upgrade to...
Forum: Dell Computers May 29th 09, 02:46 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By JDa™©
Windows Vista SP2 Out!

Bill, did transcribed the following::
"William R. Walsh" wrote in message

It's said to be...
Forum: Dell Computers March 12th 08, 02:45 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 24
Posted By JDa™©
OT--should I upgrade to IE 7.0

I agree with both your statements Ben. I saw a video article the ofter
day with one of the M$ head
development henchmen, and he was telling everyone that M$ is going to be
changing to a...
Forum: Dell Computers March 11th 08, 07:20 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 24
Posted By JDa™©
OT--should I upgrade to IE 7.0

RnR, did transcribed the following::
On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:06:24 -0400, "MZB"
wrote:

OK, I use IE 6.0.

When IE 7.0 came out I was reading about problems...
Forum: Dell Computers February 4th 08, 11:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By JDa™©
Vista SP1 coming out tomorrow..

Tony Harding, did transcribed the following::
JDa™© wrote:
Maybe its inadequate project leaders! If they had people from the
real world, who have
handled system level applications design...
Forum: Dell Computers February 4th 08, 07:01 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By JDa™©
Vista SP1 coming out tomorrow..

Maybe its inadequate project leaders! If they had people from the real
world, who have
handled system level applications design and systems programming
backgrounds, maybe
they could get things...
Forum: Dell Computers February 4th 08, 04:27 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By JDa™©
Vista SP1 coming out tomorrow..

Ben, one can only hope that one day they will get it together, and do
the right thinks.

Ben Myers, did transcribed the following::
You can delete all the old restore points with Vista, like XP,...
Forum: Dell Computers February 3rd 08, 05:26 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By JDa™©
Vista SP1 coming out tomorrow..

Paul, did transcribed the following::
Looks like Vista SP1 is finally coming out, according to theses two
sites.. Anybody do the beta version?? If so opinions, Good/bad no
difference??

Forum: Dell Computers February 3rd 08, 05:15 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 16
Posted By JDa™©
(OT) Windows Vista, Office 2007 Expelled From British Schools

Andrew Hodgson, did transcribed the following::
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 19:45:50 -0600, "S.Lewis"

Forum: Dell Computers January 12th 08, 06:11 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 42
Posted By JDa™©
Meida Center SUCKS!

Michael Arm, did transcribed the following::
It's not a spelling error, it is the transposition of 2 letters (typo)
and a failure read what he typed.

Give us a break!

Mike

On Fri, 11...
Forum: Dell Computers January 12th 08, 05:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 42
Posted By JDa™©
Meida Center SUCKS!

Tom Scales, did transcribed the following::
With a surprisingly large check.

I hired a company to do it. They managed to get everything through the
existing walls, but there are not holes to...
Forum: Dell Computers January 11th 08, 08:16 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 42
Posted By JDa™©
Meida Center SUCKS!

Joe, did transcribed the following::
Man, i just got a new box with Windows "media center" on it.

What a ****ing piece of **** !!!!

I've been looking at ATI's website for some other tuner
Forum: Dell Computers December 18th 07, 04:17 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By JDa™©
20" widescreen at 1680x1050

Chris, did transcribed the following::
I'm thinking of getting one of dells 20" wide screen monitors at
1680x1050 but am concerned of the high resolution. Will web pages
appear small and the...
Forum: Dell Computers December 15th 07, 10:09 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 36
Posted By JDa™©
Parallel Port on a newer PC ???

It will come full circle one day. Its always better to off load certain
tasks to a device designed to handle that task, thus freeing up valuable
cpu resources. Course with the lack of programs to...
Forum: Dell Computers December 8th 07, 06:21 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By JDa™©
(OT) CompUSA to become ClosedUSA

Ogden Johnson III, did transcribed the following::
Journey wrote:

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 21:49:46 -0600, RnR wrote:

Considering how...
Forum: Dell Computers November 6th 07, 08:02 PM Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.physics,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.strange.days
Replies: 121
Posted By JDa™©
Holy Moly -- Residual Electricity????

There is a easier way. Power down, unplug the power cord, then press
and hold down the ON button for a count of 8, then reconnect the power
cord, and power up again.

Pressing the On button assures...
Forum: Dell Computers September 9th 07, 04:11 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By JDa™©
[OT] MS - Vista to XP retrograde package?

Journey, did transcribed the following::
On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 04:07:33 -0400, "Hank Arnold (MVP)"
wrote:

Journey wrote:

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 22:16:52 -0400,...
Forum: Dell Computers September 9th 07, 03:16 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By JDa™©
[OT] MS - Vista to XP retrograde package?

This was posted in a newsgroup I read.

Quote:
"
MS is offering a "retrograde" back to XP from 2 Vista products -- Ultimate
and Business Edition. Looks to me like MS realizes they have a dog...
Forum: Dell Computers September 2nd 07, 09:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By JDa™©
Vista Ultimate

Journey, did transcribed the following::
On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 15:48:48 -0400, JDa™©
wrote:

Journey, did transcribed the following::

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007...
Forum: Dell Computers September 2nd 07, 08:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By JDa™©
Vista Ultimate

Journey, did transcribed the following::
On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 09:01:54 -0400, "History Fan"
wrote:

Doesn't Vista Ultimate also have fax software? ...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 59