Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 1.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JB
Forum: Printers April 1st 10, 10:25 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 0
Posted By JB
Canon iP1800 Will Not Print in Landscape

Hi,

I am using Win 7 Pro with this printer and Open Office. I have the printer
properties set to landscape but it prints in portrait. The most recent
drivers are installed.

Any ideas?

Thank...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 20th 09, 03:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By JB
8600GTS vs 9800GT EE

"Augustus" wrote in message
Is the upgrade likely to cure the pauses? Have any of you tested both of
these cards and arrived at an...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 19th 09, 08:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By JB
8600GTS vs 9800GT EE

Hi,

I am running an EVGA 8600 GTS and am considering upgrading to a 9800GT EE
that Fry's has for $90 this week. The specs on that latter card are
considerably better.

I only play one game, a...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 13th 08, 05:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By JB
Budget Gaming Vid Card and CPU

"stbill79" wrote in message
On Feb 10, 4:55 pm, "Dr.White" wrote:
"stbill79"...
Forum: General January 7th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 19
Posted By JB
Will not power up

"Bob H" wrote in message
How do I locate the Clear CMOS jumper pins?

"kony" wrote in message
Forum: General January 6th 08, 03:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 19
Posted By JB
Will not power up

"Bob H" wrote in message

"w_tom" wrote in message
Forum: General January 4th 08, 08:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By JB
Need Help With Sata Drive Install

"Andy" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 14:49:54 -0800, "JB" wrote:

I want to install a new WD OEM Sata II...
Forum: General January 2nd 08, 10:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By JB
Need Help With Sata Drive Install

I want to install a new WD OEM Sata II drive on a box currently booting
from an IDE drive and avoid having to reinstall Windows XP.

I have no experience with Sata drives. and an unable to...
Forum: General January 1st 08, 08:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By JB
Unable to Get HD ro Run in DMA6 Mode

"kony" wrote in message
On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 03:57:40 -0800, "JB"
wrote:

I see..the chipset is the...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 31st 07, 10:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By JB
6200 LE Temperature Update

"Paul" wrote in message ...
JB wrote:
"JB" wrote in message
I just installed a...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 31st 07, 12:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By JB
6200 LE Temperature Update

"JB" wrote in message
I just installed a 6200LE and Rivatune 2.06 (latest versions I could find)
says that it has no data for my...
Forum: General December 31st 07, 11:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By JB
Unable to Get HD ro Run in DMA6 Mode

"sandy58" wrote in message
On Dec 30, 11:31 am, "JB" wrote:
The OS is Win XP...
Forum: General December 31st 07, 11:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By JB
Unable to Get HD ro Run in DMA6 Mode

"~misfit~" wrote in message
Somewhere on teh intarweb "kony" typed:
On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 14:54:31 +1300, "~misfit~"
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 30th 07, 12:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By JB
6200 LE Temperature

I just installed a 6200LE and Rivatune 2.06 (latest versions I could find)
says that it has no data for my drivers and I need to update Rivatune.

Anyone know of a later version?

Ten minutes into...
Forum: General December 30th 07, 11:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By JB
Unable to Get HD ro Run in DMA6 Mode

The OS is Win XP Pro SP2, the mobo is an ECS-945GCT-M, and the HDD is a
300GB Maxtor with a 35 GB primary partition.. This drive is a slave on the
primary channel, the master is a DVD drive.

In...
Forum: General October 29th 07, 06:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By JB
Conflicting Video Card Current Requirements and PS Ratings Systems

"larry moe 'n curly" wrote in message

JB wrote:
It seems like both industries operate in a...
Forum: General October 29th 07, 06:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By JB
Conflicting Video Card Current Requirements and PS Ratings Systems

"kony" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 03:07:13 -0700, "JB"
wrote:

It seems like both industries...
Forum: General October 25th 07, 11:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By JB
Conflicting Video Card Current Requirements and PS Ratings Systems

It seems like both industries operate in a vacuum.

I looked at a video card whose requirement was "a 350 W PS with 22 A
available on the +12V rail".

Most PS ratings that I checked are rated for a...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 6th 07, 09:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By JB
hook up desktop HD to dell laptop?

"jcazz" wrote in message
Paul wrote:
jcazz wrote:
Greetings All,

I had a system failure and thought I...
Forum: General August 12th 07, 06:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By JB
Is RAM Dedicated by Core in Mutli-Core Processor Systems?

"kony" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 12:52:56 -0700, "JB"
wrote:

For example, suppose your...
Forum: General August 11th 07, 08:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By JB
Is RAM Dedicated by Core in Mutli-Core Processor Systems?

For example, suppose your program utilizes only one core of a two or
four-core processor. Will that core have the use of all available RAM or
are large chunks reserved for the other idle cores?
Forum: Scanners February 14th 07, 08:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 10
Posted By JB
Paperport 11 Cannot Communicate With Scanner After Using Camera

One thing you might try.
In Windows XP Service Pack 2, the USB system can lose its mind, If you
open Device Manager and remove all of the USB devices, then ReBoot the
computer Windows XP...
Forum: Scanners February 13th 07, 10:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 10
Posted By JB
Paperport 11 Cannot Communicate With Scanner After Using Camera

Don't use Paperport for 'Getting' images from your camera.

Use Windows Explorer, copy the image from the card and place the image on
the hard drive, then import them into paperport.

--...
Forum: Scanners February 8th 07, 04:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 10
Posted By JB
Paperport 11 Cannot Communicate With Scanner After Using Camera

"tomcas" wrote in message
JB wrote:
I get the "Cannot communicate with scanning device" message after I have
downloaded...
Forum: Scanners February 5th 07, 11:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 10
Posted By JB
Paperport 11 Cannot Communicate With Scanner After Using Camera

I get the "Cannot communicate with scanning device" message after I have
downloaded photos from my Intel PC camera and removed it. I have used both
Intel software and the windows camera and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 33