Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: k2nnj1
Forum: Dell Computers January 5th 08, 01:34 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By k2nnj1
Dim9150/XPS400 RAID ?

I have that, but it's MCE. Does that matter?

"WSZsr" wrote in message
What about the XP CD that came with your Dim 9150?

Forum: Dell Computers January 5th 08, 12:53 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By k2nnj1
Dim9150/XPS400 RAID ?

I just purchased a hard drive and I was planning to clone the old HDD to the
new with MCE. But I really hate MCE and would rather put XP Home on it
instead and re-install everything.

I am...
Forum: Dell Computers January 5th 08, 12:45 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By k2nnj1
Dim9150/XPS400 RAID ?

I have a Dell WinXP Home Ed. from an Dim8200 I once had. I do not have a
floppy, but I can get one, I am going to a computer show near me in NJ, I
can get one there.

"WSZsr"...
Forum: Dell Computers January 4th 08, 09:26 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By k2nnj1
Dim9150/XPS400 RAID ?

Could you tell me how, or point me to a website?

"Timothy Drouillard" wrote in message
yes

"K2NNJ1"...
Forum: Dell Computers January 4th 08, 11:15 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By k2nnj1
Dim9150/XPS400 RAID ?

Can Windows Home Ed. be installed in AHCI / RAID mode?

Thanks,
Bob
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 1st 08, 10:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 15
Posted By k2nnj1
Upgrade Video Card Help

Tiger Direct seems to have very good prices.

"First of One" wrote in message
Links to those Buy.com items?

BTW, Amazon...
Forum: Dell Computers January 1st 08, 10:44 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 24
Posted By k2nnj1
Dell Crapware

We'll I guess that answers the question.

"John" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 01:43:12 -0500, "K2NNJ1"...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 30th 07, 06:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 15
Posted By k2nnj1
Upgrade Video Card Help

Thanks. I asked because I always see people quoting newegg here and on the
dell.com forums.

"First of One" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers December 30th 07, 06:43 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 24
Posted By k2nnj1
Dell Crapware

I never said it was all bad, but the majority is. I spoke to a Dell Rep on
the phone and he said (for what it's worth) you can purchase a system bloat
or crapware free. You just have to ask for...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 29th 07, 03:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 15
Posted By k2nnj1
Upgrade Video Card Help

Can I get some input on this?
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Games/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A0964357

BTW, what's the fascination with newegg?

"K2NNJ1"...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 29th 07, 02:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 15
Posted By k2nnj1
Upgrade Video Card Help

I have a 256MB card now. Wouldn't I want to get a card with let's say
512MB?

"First of One" wrote in message
Check your...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 27th 07, 08:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 15
Posted By k2nnj1
Upgrade Video Card Help

I have a Dell OEM nVidia GeForce 6800 256MB. I am looking to upgrade but I
do not want to spend more than $150.00 maybe $200.00

I have a:
Dell Dim9150/XPS400
Intel D830 Dual Core 3GHz 800FSB
3GB...
Forum: Dell Computers December 27th 07, 07:53 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 24
Posted By k2nnj1
Dell Crapware

When you install Windows from a Dell supplied CD, as someone mentioned you
get a clean install of Windows. Device drivers and chipset software are not
considered "crapware" what you mentioned is...
Forum: Dell Computers December 26th 07, 06:41 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 24
Posted By k2nnj1
Dell Crapware

I heard a rumor that you can order any Dell and request no crapware be
installed. Is there any truth to this?
Forum: Dell Computers December 23rd 07, 11:15 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 19
Posted By k2nnj1
Vista Upgrade from XP

Thanks for the replies. Merry Christmas!

"David B. Mathews" wrote in message
The smartest thing you can do is DO...
Forum: Dell Computers December 23rd 07, 11:14 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 19
Posted By k2nnj1
Vista Upgrade from XP

XPS 400

XP MCE 2005
Pent. D830 3GHz
3GB DDR2 RAM
160GB SATA
nvidia GeForce 6800

"S.Lewis" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers December 23rd 07, 11:12 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 19
Posted By k2nnj1
Vista Upgrade from XP

I did that and it is.

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
i suggest you start by downloading and running the 'vista upgrade...
Forum: Dell Computers December 22nd 07, 09:02 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 19
Posted By k2nnj1
Vista Upgrade from XP

If I do the upgrade do I need to do anything to my drivers? Should I
uninstall them and reinstall Vista drivers?

TIA
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18