Showing results 1 to 25 of 389
Search took 4.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: spodosaurus
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 28th 10, 04:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 57
Posted By spodosaurus
Tools needed to build my own PC

On 28/08/2010 4:47 AM, wrote:
OK, I'm back. Things are going slowly because of the pain in my head -
but they're moving forward.

What tools do I need to put...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 23rd 10, 11:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By spodosaurus
Boot Problems

On 24/06/2010 1:04 AM, Nospam wrote:
Hi All,

My son's world has just collapsed!

His PC, home built has stopped working
After many year of use.

He has not added any new hardware,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 15th 10, 05:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By spodosaurus
Strange symptom: non-fan his that is responsive to mouse scroll

On 12/06/2010 9:28 PM, Ngoima wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 16:15:04 +0800, spodosaurus wrote:

On 12/06/2010 3:59 PM, spodosaurus wrote:
Hi guys,

I've got a problem I've not...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 12th 10, 09:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By spodosaurus
Strange symptom: non-fan his that is responsive to mouse scroll

On 12/06/2010 3:59 PM, spodosaurus wrote:
Hi guys,

I've got a problem I've not encountered before. I was given a 4-5 year
old PC to have a tinker with and the amount of dust in it was...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 12th 10, 08:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By spodosaurus
Stronge symptom: non-fan his that is responsive to mouse scroll

Hi guys,

I've got a problem I've not encountered before. I was given a 4-5 year
old PC to have a tinker with and the amount of dust in it was ungodly.
It had killed the video card fan, but a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 28th 10, 06:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By spodosaurus
Website won't let me quit it

On 28/05/2010 7:43 PM, LSMFT wrote:
How can I attack a web site and make them feel some pain?

Load up the website, get your dad's golf clubs, smash the **** out of
the website.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 18th 10, 01:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By spodosaurus
Diskette drive on new build

On 17/05/2010 9:36 AM, Puddin' Man wrote:
My new Asus P7H55D-M EVO mobo knows naught of diskette controllers. I'm
about to decide that I cannot cover the bases without a floppy drive.

What do...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 3rd 10, 12:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By spodosaurus
Need to test a mobo - how?

On 3/05/2010 7:41 AM, daviddschool wrote:

I don't want to end up buying a new MOBO and find out it is something
else again!
Any suggestions?

PSU

Ok, I was thinking that...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 3rd 10, 12:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By spodosaurus
Need to test a mobo - how?

On 3/05/2010 7:02 AM, daviddschool wrote:
I had a power surge about 3 weeks ago - lost a drive, now making
ticking noises. I had another two drive that seem to work
sporadically now. So, I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 26th 10, 11:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By spodosaurus
Quirky USB

On 26/04/2010 11:22 AM, Metspitzer wrote:
My case has 2 external USB 2 ports that plug into the mobo. They were
the ones I used for external USB stuff like a camera and a WD
passport. I now...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 17th 10, 08:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By spodosaurus
logitech MX5500 keyboard/mouse

On 17/04/2010 7:55 PM, Des wrote:
On Apr 16, 10:29 pm, John wrote:
wrote:
Does anyone have any experiance of this. I have had it for...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 17th 10, 08:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By spodosaurus
logitech MX5500 keyboard/mouse

On 17/04/2010 1:31 AM, Des wrote:
Does anyone have any experiance of this. I have had it for some time
now. I thought my computer was acting up but now I know it is this
logitech stuff. The...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 8th 10, 09:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By spodosaurus
Difference between Micro SD and SD cards?

On 9/04/2010 2:17 AM, sauro wrote:
I want to get some SD memory cards for my point and shoot camera, for when
my other SD cards got full when I was away from home. Additionally, I want
a spare...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 28th 10, 10:46 AM Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 46
Posted By spodosaurus
Has anybody ever connected a Linux machine to a Windows machineon a network?

On 28/03/2010 4:39 PM, RayLopez99 wrote:
On Mar 28, 6:02 am, wrote:
On 28/03/2010 6:02 AM, RayLopez99 wrote:

Does it work? As the file formats are...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 28th 10, 05:02 AM Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 46
Posted By spodosaurus
Has anybody ever connected a Linux machine to a Windows machineon a network?

On 28/03/2010 6:02 AM, RayLopez99 wrote:
Does it work? As the file formats are different, why would you even
do this, except to share a single internet connection?

But has anybody ever done...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 27th 10, 04:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 20
Posted By spodosaurus
AMD versus Intel

On 27/03/2010 6:04 AM, Daniel Prince wrote:
Which would give the most performance per dollar

I want to say your momma, but I won't.

, an AMD CPU and
motherboard or an Intel CPU and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 25th 10, 06:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By spodosaurus
ps/2 KVM to USB port PC?

On 25/03/2010 6:55 PM, bobmct wrote:
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:29:08 -0500,
wrote:

On 3/24/2010 3:22 PM, bobmct wrote:
I have four desktop systems that all...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 24th 10, 09:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By spodosaurus
ps/2 KVM to USB port PC?

On 25/03/2010 4:22 AM, bobmct wrote:
I have four desktop systems that all share the same
display/keyboard/mouse via a startech SV411K KVM.
On my new machine it has NO ps/2 ports and the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 21st 10, 12:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By spodosaurus
WD hard drives

On 21/03/2010 7:27 AM, Metspitzer wrote:
I seem to be having a large amount of WD drives failing.

What is your drive brand name of choice?

WD and Samsung

--
spammage trappage: remove the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 9th 10, 05:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On 9/03/2010 6:35 AM, jinxy wrote:
Hello, I am trying to help someone at work to fix his son's pc. It is
a HP Media Center m7360n. When he tries to start it up it goes to the
4 options screen...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 24th 09, 12:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By spodosaurus
Molex to Sata power cable

Derk wrote:
Hi,

I want to add a Sata HD to my Sata compatible system, but I know little
about hardware. I found out that a free power cable has a Molex power
connector and I found an...
Forum: General November 18th 09, 04:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By spodosaurus
ALWAYS close USB flash drive before removing?

Rod Speed wrote:
David Brown wrote
Rod Speed wrote
David Brown wrote
Eddie wrote

Do I always need to close or stop a USB flash drive before I remove it?

I'm using XP....
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 18th 09, 04:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 84

Rod Speed wrote:
David Brown wrote
Rod Speed wrote
David Brown wrote
Eddie wrote

Do I always need to close or stop a USB flash drive before I remove it?

I'm using XP....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 14th 09, 10:41 AM Posted to sci.chem.electrochem.battery,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By spodosaurus
Normal for UPS battery to make bubbling/chirping noises?

wrote:
I just installed a new sealed-lead acid battery into my UPS. Turned
on the UPS and the fault light turned on. The UPS manual says that
means that either the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 4th 09, 07:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By spodosaurus
Advice fixing Dell E1705 laptop

geronimo wrote:
First thing that happened (not long after warranty expired) is that
the sound card died. Got around that with an external USB sound card.
THen my grandson pulled the DVD...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 389