Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 0.93 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dumbo
Forum: Abit Motherboards February 27th 09, 10:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit,comp.periphs.mainboard.abit
Replies: 10
Posted By Dumbo
Abit's RMA support???

I have never used them but I know a lot of other RMA depts. will explain
that its just the bare faulty components that they want and you should hold
onto the extras. It seems a bit harsh as your...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 27th 09, 09:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Dumbo
BIOS downgrade

Yeah I can even downgrade to 1504.BIN but ASUS Update says the 1303 which I
had previously used is incompatible and will damage my EEPROM.
I can switch between the two latest but nothing further...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 25th 09, 08:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Dumbo
BIOS downgrade

My Striker Extreme came with 1305.BIN and to try to improve overclocking I
eventually got ASUSupdate to downgrade to 1303.BIN. Although this allowed
me to overclock better it still didn't allow my...
Forum: Overclocking February 16th 09, 09:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 6
Posted By Dumbo
Just a query!

Look I know I'm flailing but I have assurances that my GTX was a fully
working card and the 4870 Force3d was a problem card (I assumed it was heat
issue and a new cooler (air or water would fix...
Forum: Overclocking February 15th 09, 09:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 6
Posted By Dumbo
Just a query!

I have a problem with two graphics cards that I purchased before Xmas and
don't work on my Striker Extreme. I have tried them both on a NF4 SLi 939
based system I resurrected and still they don't...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 15th 09, 09:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By Dumbo
P5Q SE2: Green LED Lit, But Nothing Else?

I would say you get used to it but many years after building my first PC I
still hold my breath switching on a new build. Its a nervous thing.
HAHAHAHA.
You were lucky it didn't do any damage just...
Forum: Overclocking February 2nd 09, 09:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 2
Posted By Dumbo
SLi memory

I took two of my four sticks of RAM out to try to enable SLI memory but when
I do my overclock disappears on my Striker Extreme. Why? It does give
options in the BIOS CPU OC 0, +1, +2 all the way...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 1st 09, 04:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Dumbo
will a pci express 2.0 card work in a pci express 1.0 slot ?

Just out of curiosity would it have been the Striker Extreme board for I
cannot get a 4870 or GTX280 to work with mine.

Thanks

Robin
Forum: Overclocking January 31st 09, 11:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 8
Posted By Dumbo
Det Dram error.

I am still waiting on ASUS getting back to me on that very issue but I have
been warned not to hold my breath. I have a Striker Extreme V1.00 (I'm not
aware of any other revision) but after the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 30th 09, 11:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Dumbo
1801 BIOS update

I had 1305 BIOS when my Striker Extreme arrived last year but I was never
able to achieve my desired 3GHz on my Q6600 even though the previous owner
had achieved 3.5GHz on air. I downgraded to...
Forum: Overclocking January 30th 09, 05:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 8
Posted By Dumbo
Det Dram error.

I did have the old trick of shorting the green pin to an earth and both PSU
were running. I even checked all the cable ends with a voltmeter. 12.26v
and 5.1v on all Molex connectors and 12.26 on...
Forum: Overclocking January 29th 09, 07:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 8
Posted By Dumbo
Det Dram error.

I have two PSUs in my case. I have an 850W AlphaPower (Not so good) for my
system such as motherboard and drives but the GTX280 has a Hiper 880W
sitting beside it powering it alone. Would I be...
Forum: Overclocking January 28th 09, 10:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 8
Posted By Dumbo
Det Dram error.

My striker extreme runs fine with my hd2900xt but when I install either a
4870 or GTX280 causes the system to hail and Fail to POST and the LCD posts
DET DRAM. I cannot figure it out. I have 4x...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 26th 09, 11:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 0
Posted By Dumbo
Compatibility graphics?

I have read of issues of compatibility between PCI-E 2.0 Graphics cards and
the 680i ( Striker Extreme) motherboards. Firstly my upgrade was to stay
with ATI and went the 4870 road but it kept...
Forum: Overclocking January 17th 09, 10:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 4
Posted By Dumbo
PCI Vista card

Thanks Paul. Its just something to allow me to boot up and run the flash
software. My 2900XT wont boot with the 4870 in along with it so maybe I
just need a 5200 or something like that to flash...
Forum: Overclocking January 17th 09, 01:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 4
Posted By Dumbo
PCI Vista card

I purchased a video card off eBay before fully reading the details and got
sold a dud. Guy said it crashed after a few minutes on his PC and that a
mates ran it for 30-40 mins on his PC before the...
Forum: Overclocking January 10th 09, 09:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 12
Posted By Dumbo
Which temp are right.

Thanks for your advice. I always imagined that the manufacturers always
said that it shortened the life of CPUs and then too much would cook the
chip. I have been overclocking since my first...
Forum: Overclocking January 8th 09, 08:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 12
Posted By Dumbo
Which temp are right.

At POST my BIOS reported 39C for CPU and 34C for the motherboard yet booting
into Vista even on idle the temps range from 46C-49C with Core Temp and
31C-34C with Real Temp but I just want to know...
Forum: Overclocking January 5th 09, 02:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 12
Posted By Dumbo
Which temp are right.

Has anyone got a sure way of monitoring the CPU temperature accurately.
When idle in BIOS my CPU displays as 45C but `Core Temp` shows it as 50C and
real temp as 36C. SANDRA shows a third...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 30th 08, 03:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
Posted By Dumbo
Striker?

Asus Forums and a few others postings on the web.

Robin
Forum: Overclocking December 30th 08, 03:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 3
Posted By Dumbo
noobie o/c'ing

An older revision of BIOS did the trick and then finding that 2 Gig of my 4
Gig ran at 2.1v rather than 1.9v sorted it all out for now. 3GHz was what I
wanted and now have.

Thanks

Robin
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 23rd 08, 12:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 7
Posted By Dumbo
ez flash, isnt!

tried it with ez-updates through Vista and it worked after I got it allow an
older BIOS.

Alls well.

Merry Xmas

Robin
Forum: Overclocking December 23rd 08, 12:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 7
Posted By Dumbo
water cooling??

I tried the advice here. I reduced the vcore to below auto and then
installed 1303 BIOS instead of 1305 and everything responded very well. The
system never refused to POST. 1333 (3.0 GHz) was...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 22nd 08, 01:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By Dumbo
4870 compat for Striker Ex.

|Now that you mention it I remember that siren from other PC's and maybe
even from this one on a previous occasion. I must just give up and declare
it a dead DHT 4870Card. I could just eBay the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 22nd 08, 12:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 7
Posted By Dumbo
ez flash, isnt!

I tried and failed again. Hmmmmm! I reformatted to FAT16 and copied across
one file(1303.BIN) and tried one final time. The first time it just found
A, B, and C but wouldn't read any files and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 39