Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JT
Forum: General April 6th 09, 11:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By JT
DDR2 1066 vs. 800

pawihte wrote:
With a reasonably fast computer - something like an AMD Phenom X4
920 - how much difference in performance can be expected by
switching between DDR2 800 and 1066, all other...
Forum: General April 3rd 09, 01:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By JT
RAID newbie

Grinder wrote:
Does it make sense to set a PC up with an operating system drive, and
two "document drives" in a RAID1 array?

There's a practical benefit to having a seperate operating...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors January 2nd 09, 10:50 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By JT
Seek processor comparison chart

gompo wrote:
Can someone point me to a processor comparison chart which has most
of todays processors as well as going down in power as low as the
2100+ Athlon.

I can find charts with...
Forum: General January 2nd 09, 10:50 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware

gompo wrote:
Can someone point me to a processor comparison chart which has most
of todays processors as well as going down in power as low as the
2100+ Athlon.

I can find charts with...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 13th 08, 01:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By JT
Gigabyte motherboard question

John Brown wrote:

--------------------
Great...thanks...think I will go ahead with the DS3L.
Just a couple things, however, when comparing all the boards mentioned...:-
1. It doesn't have...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 12th 08, 02:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By JT
Gigabyte motherboard question

John Brown wrote:
Going for a major upgrade...decided on Intel core 2 duo E8500 cpu...but
which motherboard?
Been advised a Gigabyte GA EP45 DS3L would be good.

This board supports dual...
Forum: Intel November 26th 08, 09:06 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 29
Posted By JT
Which Intel CPUs should I get?

You probably can't go wrong with any of those CPU's. Since your board
supports 1033 fsb you might as well get one of those. I personally have

1033 FSB? Did you mean 1333?

an...
Forum: Intel November 26th 08, 01:39 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 29
Posted By JT
Which Intel CPUs should I get?

Ant wrote:
On 11/24/2008 5:22 PM PT, jt typed:

I am planning to upgrade my computer again next month. I am at a loss
on which Intel Core 2 Duo CPU to get since there are so many...
Forum: Intel November 25th 08, 01:22 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 29
Posted By JT
Which Intel CPUs should I get?

Ant wrote:
Hello all.

I am planning to upgrade my computer again next month. I am at a loss on
which Intel Core 2 Duo CPU to get since there are so many models:

E7300 (2.66 ghz 1066...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards November 7th 08, 12:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 16
Posted By JT
MB Monitoring Utilities?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
My Asus board came with a little util that tells CPU temp, MB
temp, and a number of other things.

Is there something on my EP45-DS3L install disc that I missed?

The...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 2nd 08, 02:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By JT
New build locking up Asus PKQ Pro

JT wrote:
I built a new system a couple months ago and it's been running well until
the last few days. I am getting random lockups of the system where the
screen will just freeze and I have...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 11th 08, 01:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By JT
PCIe x1 Device on PCIe x16 slot?

MattK wrote:
Hello there. I have novice question about PCIe.

I am looking at Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe AMD board.
It has 4 PCIe x 16 slots + 2 PCI slots. No PCIe x1 slot.

I have device that...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 20th 08, 11:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By JT
Any comments about P5Q PRO?

tenthmed wrote:
I am in need of a new mobo. This board seems to be right for me, but I
am torn between it and the Foxconn P45A-S because of purportedly
superior Foxconn quality.

Any...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 23rd 07, 10:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
Posted By JT
Recommendation Please

"em_CT" wrote in message
I just upgraded my system to a Intel MB with a 2 core quad, 4 gig ram,
vista
ultimate...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 23rd 07, 10:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 7
Posted By JT
Replacement Video Card

"mcp6453" wrote in message
Augustus wrote:
If you're looking to replace a 9800 Pro on an AGP motherboard, your only...
Forum: Ati Videocards June 19th 07, 05:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
From X850 Pro to X1950 GT?

"FKS" wrote in message ...
My 2nd PC (P4 2.8 GHz) currently has an X850 Pro card. The only game
that's played on that PC is Company of Heroes LAN...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 30th 07, 11:36 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
Replies: 43
Posted By JT
Quad Core Intel Q6600 - upcoming G0 stepping can run at much higher temps and.............

"johns" wrote in message
I helped invent the entire industry. You guys are
a joke. You don't have a clue about...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 18th 07, 01:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By JT
PSU recommendations please

"Rand Al'Thor" wrote in message
As subject. I need a new PSU =450watts to accomodate a new graphic card
Forum: Ati Videocards February 15th 07, 03:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 14
Posted By JT
My current ati card is 850xt , will i notice a big improvement with a 1950pro???

"Inch High Private EYE" wrote in message
one of the many reasons for upgrading my card , is pretty much a full
update , new...
Forum: Ati Videocards February 15th 07, 03:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 1
Posted By JT
Does the 1950 pro output at 1280x720 ?? its to a video projector Also is its 264 decoding spot on ???

"Inch High Private EYE" wrote in message
I guess it will output at 1280x720 , but due to it not been listed as a res
at the...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 31st 07, 04:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
Posted By JT
Upgrading to ATI X1950 Pro AGP - advice please

wrote in message
Hello

My system is currently -

P4 2.8GHz
512MB RAM
120GB HDD
ATI RADEON 9200SE 128MB
Forum: Ati Videocards December 2nd 06, 03:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 34
Posted By JT
Best AGP card?

Best Buy apparently has an X1950 AGP card available on their website. Here
is the link. It's a...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 22nd 06, 03:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 3
Posted By JT
X800XL AGP resolution support question

"Don Reese" wrote in message
I'm looking at upgrading my LCD from a Samsung 191T to this ChiMei LCD

Forum: Ati Videocards November 14th 06, 04:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
Posted By JT
Control Panel Help

"JLC" jc@nospam wrote in message
I'm sick of having to deal with CCC so I removed it, and installed good
old Control Panel. My question...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 18th 06, 03:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By JT
How fast can you get from AMD Sempron 2.8Ghz CPU?

wrote in message

I installed AMD 2.8G sempron CPU. My windows XP reported the cpu speed
1.99Ghz.
How do I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26