Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 0.71 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Floyd L. Davidson
Forum: Printers August 22nd 14, 06:44 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 15
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Ink cartridges with old dates?

Ant wrote:
On 8/20/2014 7:58 PM PT, Floyd L. Davidson typed:

Ah, I am trying to decide to buy cheaper older unopened ones or pay more
for the new ones.

How...
Forum: Printers August 21st 14, 03:58 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers

(Ant) wrote:
Ah, I am trying to decide to buy cheaper older unopened ones or pay more
for the new ones.

How old?

I've seen HP inks for wide format printers that were
still...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 29th 14, 06:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.hdd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.os.linux.setup
Replies: 46
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Is it true that it is a bad idea to put a swap/pagefile on aSSD?

nospam wrote:
In article , Floyd L. Davidson
wrote:
I've got a box here that typically shows a load average well into
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 29th 14, 02:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.hdd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.os.linux.setup
Replies: 46
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Is it true that it is a bad idea to put a swap/pagefile on aSSD?

nospam wrote:
In article , Floyd L. Davidson
wrote:

Because that wears out the SSD quickly, and it is better to put...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 28th 14, 09:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.hdd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.os.linux.setup
Replies: 46
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Is it true that it is a bad idea to put a swap/pagefile on aSSD?

nospam wrote:
In article , Floyd L. Davidson
wrote:

Because that wears out the SSD quickly, and it is better to...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 28th 14, 08:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.hdd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.os.linux.setup
Replies: 46
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Is it true that it is a bad idea to put a swap/pagefile on aSSD?

nospam wrote:
In article , Ant
wrote:

Because that wears out the SSD quickly, and it is better to...
Forum: General November 26th 08, 01:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 40
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Virus? USB 500GB external hard disk is now "raw format"

ralph wrote:
On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 16:53:53 -0800, wrote:

I'm not sure what utilities will repair the disk but that's what the other
people are here...
Forum: General March 11th 08, 03:08 AM Posted to uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.equipment
Replies: 142
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Hum from phone wires running next to mains?

JosephKK wrote:
On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 21:06:17 -0000, "Ivor Jones"

But what is the objection..? I just don't get it. I've been on Usenet for
over 10 years and nobody...
Forum: General March 9th 08, 11:00 PM Posted to uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.equipment
Replies: 142
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Hum from phone wires running next to mains?

krw wrote:
In article , says...
krw wrote:

There is a fundamental difference between a folded
Forum: General March 9th 08, 09:07 PM Posted to uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.equipment
Replies: 142
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Hum from phone wires running next to mains?

krw wrote:
In article , says...
JosephKK wrote:
On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:40:31 -0900,...
Forum: General March 9th 08, 01:20 AM Posted to uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.equipment
Replies: 142
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Hum from phone wires running next to mains?

JosephKK wrote:
On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:40:31 -0900, (Floyd L.
Davidson) wrote:

krw wrote:
In article...
Forum: General March 9th 08, 01:18 AM Posted to uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.equipment
Replies: 142
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Hum from phone wires running next to mains?

"Ivor Jones" wrote:
"Floyd L. Davidson" wrote in message

[snip]

: So just how many different possible quote...
Forum: General March 8th 08, 09:11 PM Posted to uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.equipment
Replies: 142
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Hum from phone wires running next to mains?

"Ivor Jones" wrote:
"krw" wrote in message

: In article...
Forum: General March 8th 08, 03:51 AM Posted to uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.equipment
Replies: 142
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Hum from phone wires running next to mains?

"Ivor Jones" wrote:
"kony" wrote in message

[snip]

: I don't know about "only thing worse",...
Forum: General March 7th 08, 12:40 AM Posted to uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.equipment
Replies: 142
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Hum from phone wires running next to mains?

krw wrote:
In article , says...
krw wrote:
In article , ...
Forum: General March 6th 08, 04:35 AM Posted to uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.equipment
Replies: 142
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Hum from phone wires running next to mains?

krw wrote:
In article , says...
krw wrote:
In article ,...
Forum: General March 6th 08, 03:34 AM Posted to uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.equipment
Replies: 142
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Hum from phone wires running next to mains?

krw wrote:
In article ,
says...
Foxtrot wrote:

... snip ...

Is there is a greaterlikelihood of hum if I...
Forum: General March 6th 08, 03:23 AM Posted to uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.equipment
Replies: 142
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Hum from phone wires running next to mains?

"Ivor Jones" wrote:
"CBFalconer" wrote in message

: : Ivor Jones wrote:

[snip]

: : I replaced your...
Forum: General March 6th 08, 03:05 AM Posted to uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.equipment
Replies: 142
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Hum from phone wires running next to mains?

CBFalconer wrote:
In North America again (I don't know about elsewhere) the normal
phone uses 3 wires to connect to the two wires of the phone
circuit. The yellow wire...
Forum: General March 5th 08, 06:51 PM Posted to uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.equipment
Replies: 142
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Hum from phone wires running next to mains?

"Ivor Jones" wrote:
wrote in message

[snip]

: : I've seen cables, including CAT5, with both...
Forum: General March 5th 08, 12:33 AM Posted to uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.equipment
Replies: 142
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Hum from phone wires running next to mains?

Foxtrot wrote:
On Tue 04 Mar 2008 21:22:30, wrote:
That twist is a great little means to ensure induced signals,
whatever they may be, are...
Forum: General August 18th 07, 05:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.dcom.modems,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.win2000.networking
Replies: 43
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Increasing the speed of dial-up to that of cable -- possible?

Ken wrote:
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 05:00:11 -0800, (Floyd L. Davidson)
wrote:

Actually the POTS network is designed to carry roughly 300-4000 Hz

More...
Forum: General August 18th 07, 12:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.dcom.modems,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.win2000.networking
Replies: 43
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Increasing the speed of dial-up to that of cable -- possible?

CBFalconer wrote:
"Floyd L. Davidson" wrote:
CBFalconer wrote:

... snip ...

Your 'no 4000 Hz' no doubt refers to the signalling...
Forum: General August 17th 07, 11:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.dcom.modems,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.win2000.networking
Replies: 43
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Increasing the speed of dial-up to that of cable -- possible?

CBFalconer wrote:
"Floyd L. Davidson" wrote:
CBFalconer wrote:
"Floyd L. Davidson" wrote:

... snip ...

There are no delay...
Forum: General August 17th 07, 08:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.dcom.modems,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.win2000.networking
Replies: 43
Posted By Floyd L. Davidson
Increasing the speed of dial-up to that of cable -- possible?

CBFalconer wrote:
"Floyd L. Davidson" wrote:
CBFalconer wrote:
Aaron Leonard wrote: