Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: bob johnson
Forum: Overclocking March 4th 08, 10:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 36
Posted By bob johnson
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

Paul,

My 2 settings in bios for timing and speed are both set to "auto", so I'm
still confused :)

thx

bob
Forum: Overclocking March 2nd 08, 10:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 36
Posted By bob johnson
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

I see,

So what is the difference between SPD and Memory in cpu-z? SPD just reports
the spec not the actual speed?

Also, is it safe to run as I am (scaled down timing)? I'm still a little
confused...
Forum: Overclocking March 2nd 08, 07:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 36
Posted By bob johnson
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

sorry

they were only 30k :)

bob

"RobV" wrote in message
Forum: Overclocking March 1st 08, 10:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 36
Posted By bob johnson
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

Thanks, Paul

My memory is rated at 5/5/5/15, if I'm not mistaken?

So, if cpu-z is reporting 5/7/7/21, does that mean it's not running to spec
(slower)?

thx

bob
Forum: Overclocking March 1st 08, 10:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 36
Posted By bob johnson
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

Paul,

I ran Prime 95 up to level 5 w/ no problems. CPU core temps got to 58-60°
C, both cores @ 100%

I didn't want to run longer until i reported back :)

thx
Forum: Overclocking March 1st 08, 09:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 36
Posted By bob johnson
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

LOL

Dumb luck. I've been playing COD4, UT3 FSX, etc, all with no problem.

I thought lower memory settings were faster (3/3/3/8) instead of what cpu-z
is reporting for me (5/7/7/21)?

I had...
Forum: Overclocking March 1st 08, 09:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 36
Posted By bob johnson
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

test

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2005/2302280753_479247568b_o.png
Forum: Overclocking March 1st 08, 09:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 36
Posted By bob johnson
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

Here are my settings:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3128/2302275101_2edf36ef99_m.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2360/2302275083_973e345129_m.jpg

How do I start pushing my memory from here?
Forum: Overclocking March 1st 08, 08:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 36
Posted By bob johnson
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

TEST

"bob johnson" wrote in message
The main enable/disable setting in the bios somehow turned off to disable.
I'm back to...
Forum: Overclocking March 1st 08, 06:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 36
Posted By bob johnson
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

The main enable/disable setting in the bios somehow turned off to disable.
I'm back to 2.99 and my ram score went to 5.8, also!

thx

bob

"Paul" wrote in message...
Forum: Overclocking March 1st 08, 03:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 36
Posted By bob johnson
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

Found this review w/ my same MB

"Pros: After a quick oc to 3ghz I noticed my ram timings dramatically
increased. I decided to get a 1:1 ratio with my q6600. So at a fsb of 333mhz
and the ram's...
Forum: Overclocking March 1st 08, 03:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 36
Posted By bob johnson
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

Yes, Paul

I have been running this for a few months. Something must have changed.
I'll reboot and report back.

Here is the SPD:

266 400
4.0 5.0
4 5
Forum: Overclocking March 1st 08, 02:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 36
Posted By bob johnson
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

Thanks, Paul

I'm confused here. I'm running a c2d 4500 running a 272x11 (2.99) but cpu-z
and windows is reporting stock speed (200x11= 2.2)

Here are the cpu-z memory settings:

200 mhz
1:1
4.0...
Forum: Overclocking March 1st 08, 01:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 36
Posted By bob johnson
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

Hi Guys

I have this same MB and 4GB of this ram:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16820231098

Vista is giving me a 4.8 rating (lowest one) and I wondered if my bios
settings...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14