Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 2.58 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joan F \(MI\)
Forum: Gateway Computers October 13th 10, 06:14 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 13
Posted By Joan F \(MI\)
lap top recommendation?

I always buy on line, more variety available and you can search for
bargains. I just bought this Tecra a couple of months ago for $800, they
usually run about $1400. I really didn't need another...
Forum: Gateway Computers October 3rd 10, 09:35 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 13
Posted By Joan F \(MI\)
lap top recommendation?

Last I saw laptops rated Toshiba was well regarded, in second place I
believe, with Lenovo in first? I have a Toshiba Tecra which is a very nice
machine, light weight and has a silver keyboard...
Forum: Gateway Computers April 26th 10, 08:55 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 9
Posted By Joan F \(MI\)
Sporger - has ruined this Gateway newsgroup

I've been using Giganews even before my ISP closed their servers which were
abysmal, it used to be $7.99 a month for the lowest tier, then when all the
ISPs started dumping Usenet, they lowered the...
Forum: Gateway Computers April 24th 10, 07:52 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 9
Posted By Joan F \(MI\)
Sporger - has ruined this Gateway newsgroup

I've switched to Toshiba laptops but still have the group on my list to
synch. My first laptop was a Gateway and I liked it a lot but had to have
the motherboard replaced and then started having...
Forum: Gateway Computers June 14th 09, 07:23 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 5
Posted By Joan F \(MI\)
looking for advice on getting website noticed

I think you would get better results putting it on a job search site, try
http://www.job-hunt.org/
http://www.quintcareers.com/top_50_sites.html

Frank wrote:
| Been over a year since I moved this...
Forum: Gateway Computers February 26th 09, 07:50 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 3
Posted By Joan F \(MI\)
Problems with IE7

Try FireFox, I really like it. It's very configurable, has many addons
available to fit your surfing preferences.

amberland wrote:
| I am using IE7 on my 1yr. old Gateway FX530XG using
| MS XP...
Forum: Gateway Computers February 7th 09, 11:18 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 10
Posted By Joan F \(MI\)
Laptop freezing...

I have a nice program called StatBar that runs a very thin bar across the
top of the screen and shows CPU usage, memory usage, and a number of other
things, you can choose what to put on it. Free...
Forum: Gateway Computers December 21st 08, 02:42 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 9
Posted By Joan F \(MI\)
Memory

Go to www.crucial.com and put in the specs for your computer, they will
recommend the right memory for it. They are very reliable, guarantee their
product and it's reasonably priced.

Sunshine...
Forum: Gateway Computers November 21st 08, 03:30 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 20
Posted By Joan F \(MI\)
Next computer for wife

Mine runs nice and cool, surprised me how cool since it's an AMD chip which
I've heard run hot. My new one has a dc jack which has an enlarged end
which snaps in keeping it from sliding out all...
Forum: Gateway Computers November 16th 08, 12:22 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 20
Posted By Joan F \(MI\)
Next computer for wife

I think it's a good idea to wait a few months after a model is released on
any hardware as the price always goes down. I've had good results with
refurbs and you can get more bang for the buck...
Forum: Gateway Computers November 16th 08, 12:17 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 20
Posted By Joan F \(MI\)
Next computer for wife

I started with Gateways but now have a Toshiba laptop which I like a lot. I
don't know if there is really much difference in the hardware anymore and
everyone's tech support has gone downhill. ...
Forum: Gateway Computers November 15th 08, 09:46 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 20
Posted By Joan F \(MI\)
Next computer for wife

Yes, I live in Detroit.

I might also add that the type of computer his wife gets should be her
choice in my opinion.

BillW50 wrote:

| Hi Joan. Yes I know and I agree. Although I didn't think...
Forum: Gateway Computers November 15th 08, 06:33 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 20
Posted By Joan F \(MI\)
Next computer for wife

Why does that matter? I just use a printer with my laptop but it could
easily deal with a scanner as well, you just plug in the USB cable when you
want to use it, unplug when you don't I have all...
Forum: Gateway Computers November 12th 08, 02:31 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 18
Posted By Joan F \(MI\)
Gateway 310x desktop - shuts down

Crack in the motherboard that opens up when hot?

ps56k wrote:

| have tried booting into BIOS screen - and waiting -
| sometimes it runs for a long time, sometimes not.
|
| tried booting into...
Forum: Gateway Computers July 1st 08, 02:55 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 12
Posted By Joan F \(MI\)
problem with my mouse!

Is it a USB wireless mouse? Is the USB connection solid?

Lee wrote:
| Hi Greg
|
| No it is an optical mouse! This is my second one since getting the
| new computer, never had these before and...
Forum: Gateway Computers June 18th 08, 07:50 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 4
Posted By Joan F \(MI\)
password recovery part deux

The Google tool bar has a place for bookmarks and I have started saving mine
there as then you can access them from any computer and they are safe, at
least as long as Google doesn't space out. ...
Forum: Gateway Computers November 29th 07, 06:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 4
Posted By Joan F \(MI\)
Switching USB ports question

Once the software is installed you can plug a device into any USB port and
the computer will recognize it.

Frank wrote:
| Plugged new printer for wife's old GW into USB port on front of
| machine....
Forum: Packard Bell Computers August 12th 07, 03:04 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000,alt.sys.pc-clone.micron,alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 29
Posted By Joan F \(MI\)
OT Interesting Note

No.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=1321&CMP=ILC-FPM-NBK

Barry Watzman wrote:
| Only because they are OLD and/or (probably and) refurbished laptops.
|
| Joan...
Forum: Gateway Computers August 12th 07, 03:04 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000,alt.sys.pc-clone.micron,alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 32

Barry Watzman wrote:
| Only because they are OLD and/or (probably and) refurbished laptops.
|
| Joan...
Forum: Dell Computers August 12th 07, 03:04 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000,alt.sys.pc-clone.micron,alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 37

Barry Watzman wrote:
| Only because they are OLD and/or (probably and) refurbished laptops.
|
| Joan...
Forum: Dell Computers August 11th 07, 10:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000,alt.sys.pc-clone.micron,alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 37
Posted By Joan F \(MI\)
OT Interesting Note

Tiger Direct offers some laptops with XP.

Barry Watzman wrote:
| Corporate IT departments are not installing Vista at this time (which
| is typical of ANY new operating system that has been out less...
Forum: Gateway Computers August 11th 07, 10:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000,alt.sys.pc-clone.micron,alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

Barry Watzman wrote:
| Corporate IT departments are not installing Vista at this time (which
| is typical of ANY new operating system that has been out less...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers August 11th 07, 10:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000,alt.sys.pc-clone.micron,alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

Barry Watzman wrote:
| Corporate IT departments are not installing Vista at this time (which
| is typical of ANY new operating system that has been out less...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers August 10th 07, 11:33 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000,alt.sys.pc-clone.micron,alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 29
Posted By Joan F \(MI\)
OT Interesting Note

When I retired from the government in January 1998 they were just moving
from DOS to Windows.

Frank wrote:
| That's been my limited experience with a company I consult for. OS
| and software...
Forum: Gateway Computers August 10th 07, 11:33 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000,alt.sys.pc-clone.micron,alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

Frank wrote:
| That's been my limited experience with a company I consult for. OS
| and software...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30