Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
Search took 0.40 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Richard Rose
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 4th 13, 12:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Replies: 37
Posted By Richard Rose
OT Can a website get your GUID through your browser?

Nil pretended :
On 03 Jul 2013, Richard Rose wrote in
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt:

http://www.ted.com/talks/eli_pariser_beware_online_filter_bubbles.html

Its...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 3rd 13, 08:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Replies: 37
Posted By Richard Rose
OT Can a website get your GUID through your browser?

Nil formulated the question :
On 02 Jul 2013, Richard Rose wrote in
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt:

Watch this
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 2nd 13, 07:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Replies: 37
Posted By Richard Rose
OT Can a website get your GUID through your browser?

3) Renew the DHCP lease with the ISP, changing the public IP address
of the modem/router.

You also need to run your own DNS server to hide your DNS lookups, this
is how Google Chrome and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 2nd 13, 07:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Replies: 37
Posted By Richard Rose
OT Can a website get your GUID through your browser?

John Doe explained on 02/07/2013 :
"(PeteCresswell)" x y.Invalid wrote:

Per John Doe:

I'm interested to know whether Youtube can identify me with just
the header information (or...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 2nd 13, 07:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Replies: 37
Posted By Richard Rose
OT Can a website get your GUID through your browser?

After serious thinking John Doe wrote :
Richard Rose noone nowhere.com wrote:

If the latter take your pic which method you use to get the MAC ID but
std HTML & Javascript cant access...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 1st 13, 10:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8

John Doe wrote on 27/06/2013 :
Can a website get your GUID through your browser?

Global unique identifier. I'm wondering if websites can retrieve my
GUID through my browser.

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6