Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill Ghrist[_4_]
Forum: Dell Computers January 20th 16, 01:09 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill Ghrist[_4_]
Dead Inspiron 1420 ?

On 1/19/2016 2:14 PM, Boris wrote:
Ron Hardin wrote in news:569E89C4.3407
@mindspring.com:

I have a Vostro 1520 with the same problem. If you find out a fix,
Forum: Dell Computers July 13th 14, 05:10 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 23
Posted By Bill Ghrist[_4_]
advice on replacement computer

I assume that the configurations using daisy chaining or port splitting
display the same thing on two monitors, as distinct from dual monitor
support that displays separate data to the...
Forum: Dell Computers July 13th 14, 03:13 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 23
Posted By Bill Ghrist[_4_]
advice on replacement computer

On 7/9/2014 10:19 AM, Bob S wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 20:06:55 -0400, Bob S wrote:

Another factoid that I have turned up is that Intel HD integrated
graphics is supposed to be able to...
Forum: Dell Computers April 3rd 12, 01:15 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Ghrist[_4_]
transferring OS/data to new HD

On 4/2/2012 8:13 PM, Bill Ghrist wrote:
On 3/31/2012 7:48 PM, Dee wrote:
I have a Vostro 400 running WinXP SP2 with a Seagate HD that I think is
failing (weird buzzing, grinding noises). I'd...
Forum: Dell Computers April 3rd 12, 01:13 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

On 3/31/2012 7:48 PM, Dee wrote:
I have a Vostro 400 running WinXP SP2 with a Seagate HD that I think is
failing (weird buzzing, grinding noises). I'd like to put in a new
Western Digital...
Forum: Dell Computers September 25th 11, 08:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By Bill Ghrist[_4_]
Had My Fist Peak Inside My XPS 8300

On 9/25/2011 3:18 PM, Monica wrote:
When I go he
http://support.dell.com/support/systemsinfo/document.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&~file=/systems/xps8300/en/index.htm

and click on View or HTML, I...
Forum: Dell Computers April 16th 11, 09:38 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill Ghrist[_4_]
Maximum Storage?

On 4/16/2011 6:54 AM, Bob Villa wrote:
On Apr 16, 1:26 am, Tony wrote:
On 04/15/11 22:28, Rich wrote:

The 24GB of memory is a harder no.; but certainly no...
Forum: Dell Computers December 31st 10, 10:09 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Ghrist[_4_]
A long Dell chat with Rahul and Mohammed

On 12/30/2010 12:11 PM, wrote:
On Dec 30, 6:39 am, Ben wrote:
snip

Aha! Thank you. The decades of fighting with Pakistan over Kashmir...
Forum: Dell Computers August 6th 10, 03:58 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 45
Posted By Bill Ghrist[_4_]
Firefox Wow!

On 8/5/2010 8:22 AM, Geoff wrote:
On 31/07/2010 22:43, Pat Conover wrote:
I finally got sick enough of IE8 to try Firefox and all I can say is WOW!
It's like driving a Ferrari compared to a...
Forum: Dell Computers April 12th 10, 04:35 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill Ghrist[_4_]
Waaay OT! Question

On 4/11/2010 11:47 PM, Daddy wrote:
Bob Villa wrote:
On Apr 11, 3:47 pm, Bill Ghrist wrote:
On 4/11/2010 1:11 PM, Bob Levine wrote:

"Bob Villa"...
Forum: Dell Computers April 11th 10, 09:47 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill Ghrist[_4_]
Waaay OT! Question

On 4/11/2010 1:11 PM, Bob Levine wrote:
"Bob Villa" wrote in message

Like 2Gb and 3min. vs...
Forum: Dell Computers January 8th 10, 05:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill Ghrist[_4_]
Feedback about Dell's support website

On 1/7/2010 11:04 PM, Daddy wrote:
DellCA wrote:
Dell wants your feedback. At Dell we have worked hard to build out
support.dell.com to be a thorough support website providing all levels
Forum: Dell Computers November 10th 09, 02:19 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Ghrist[_4_]
speed test site?

davy wrote:
Trouble is the more sites you try the more confused one gets... I have
had many variations and not one giving the same result.

A better bet would be to download test files of...
Forum: Dell Computers September 10th 09, 03:49 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Ghrist[_4_]
Windows Update and Patch Tuesday

Ben Myers wrote:
JDa^(TM)© wrote:
Ben, Nothing cool about this! I applied the plug-in and tried it out.
This is what I received:

*Thank you for your interest in obtaining updates from...
Forum: Dell Computers August 17th 09, 12:34 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 69
Posted By Bill Ghrist[_4_]
OT-- do I really need to upgrade my IE 6.0??

Ben Myers wrote:
Bob Levine wrote:
Raven wrote:
"Ben Myers" wrote in message
At this point, I use Firefox...
Forum: Dell Computers June 27th 09, 02:11 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill Ghrist[_4_]
Dell Windows Vista to Windows 7 upgrade eligibility and registration:

Rich wrote:
Wrong price for Professional. It is $99.99

"Bill Ghrist" wrote in message
S.Lewis wrote:
Forum: Dell Computers June 26th 09, 02:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill Ghrist[_4_]
Dell Windows Vista to Windows 7 upgrade eligibility and registration:

S.Lewis wrote:
Registration page:
https://win7.dell.com/

Eligibility page with limitations and system requirements:
https://win7.dell.com/Eligibility.aspx

Apparently, qualifying Dell...
Forum: Dell Computers January 24th 09, 04:49 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill Ghrist[_4_]
Adobe Reader O.T.!

Bob Levine wrote:

You're four versions out of date. You say you have Reader...It's FREE.
Download the newest version from here, but please note: Reader is just
that...a reader.

While...
Forum: Dell Computers January 24th 09, 04:30 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Ghrist[_4_]
AVG7.5

RnR wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 05:08:26 -0500, Ron Hardin
wrote:

I notice AVG7.5 is still updating.

It doesn't even harass you with popups about new
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19