Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.33 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: AAvK
Forum: Ati Videocards October 2nd 07, 05:44 PM Posted to 3dfx.game.glquake,3dfx.game.titles.glquake,3dfx.games.glquake,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
Posted By AAvK
Quake2 shuts off!

Yo everyone who knows about this if you can help...

I have "re-enlivened" my interest in playing Q2 when I ran into the original
disc in a box last night, and installed it and then stalled the 3.20...
Forum: Scanners December 6th 06, 12:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 6
Posted By AAvK
High quality photo scanner recommendation

I'm looking to scan and electronically archive several generations of
family photos.
I'd appreciate the recommendations of any experts here as to which scanners
might be the best,...
Forum: Scanners November 13th 06, 11:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 5
Posted By AAvK
Minolya scan dual III

I do not know about the Scan dual III but I have had experience with the
Acer
2720, It does not take much improvement to be better that the Acer 2720.

I cannot scan dark slides! The...
Forum: Scanners November 12th 06, 06:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 5
Posted By AAvK
Minolya scan dual III

DMAX of 4.8 is calculated from the possible DMAX based on the number of bits
in the scanner. Not on actual performance.

This is scantips.com take on DMAX.
Forum: Scanners November 11th 06, 03:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 5
Posted By AAvK
Minolya scan dual III

I have noticed in my 'net research that this machine has a DMAX of 4.8
but also stated as "computed" in prenthesis, whatever that means. Is
anyone experienced with it that can explain it? I know...
Forum: Scanners September 24th 06, 09:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,alt.photography,comp.periphs.scanners,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 13
Posted By AAvK
Bad eyes, diopter? (and Vuescan)

Look for a variable diopter. I see them going to -2. Google "variable
diopter".

LD

Okay I searched, impossible for my camera. Go back to your woodworking.
AAvK
Forum: Scanners September 23rd 06, 11:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,alt.photography,comp.periphs.scanners,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 13
Posted By AAvK
Bad eyes, diopter? (and Vuescan)

Bart sorry for being late here...

"AAvK" wrote in message

I have diabetic neuropathy in my optic nerves, which is sugar
Forum: Scanners September 20th 06, 09:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,alt.photography,comp.periphs.scanners,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 13
Posted By AAvK
Bad eyes, diopter? (and Vuescan)

I have diabetic neuropathy in my optic nerves, which is sugar crystals in there
and that messes-up eyesight. But glasses do work fine to correct my vision.

I seem to notice that my images (35...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8