Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 4.60 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Arthur Entlich
Forum: Printers January 17th 11, 04:42 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 14
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Canon ip4200 smears envelopes

Many envelopes not designed for inkjet or laser use tend to be folded in
a loose manner such that there edges aren't sharply flattened. This
causes the envelope to skew pr crinkle or distort which...
Forum: Printers November 14th 10, 04:35 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Epson workforce 610 won't charge inks

I agree with Jan, if it is under warranty, have Epson deal with it.
Keep the new cartridges unless they tell you otherwise, because they may
send you a printer with none. Also, if you have been...
Forum: Printers November 5th 10, 07:18 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 8
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Colour laser printer reccomendations...

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

Steve wrote:
Must be:

Under £175.
Forum: Printers October 10th 10, 11:53 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Portable printer for travel!

Both Canon and HP make very small inkjet printers designed for travel
use. I think both are color and letter page size.

There are also a couple of thermal printers which use no ink. They work...
Forum: Printers October 8th 10, 01:35 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Arthur Entlich
looking f/a 932c/h/p

Gee, are we on twitter now?

Just a few more letters in your message might have made it a bit more
understandable.

Is this cryptic message asking for an HP 932c printer?

To buy? To be given to...
Forum: Printers September 27th 10, 10:18 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By Arthur Entlich
jagged lines on print head test epson r230

Joel, what Grant is referring to is not the typically stepwise pattern
that Epson and other inkjet heads show with a good nozzle pattern, but
instead a pattern where the nozzle test segments go up...
Forum: Printers September 27th 10, 10:12 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By Arthur Entlich
jagged lines on print head test epson r230

Hi Grant,

The problem you are experiencing with your Epson r230 printer is very
common and correctable. The cause is what I refer to as "deflected
nozzles". Basically, what happens is the nozzle...
Forum: Printers September 12th 10, 11:04 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Epson Stylus Photo 1400 feed problems

I'm not sure I understand your question.

I provided an email address to write to. An individual seeking
information emails the request to the address I have shown in the body
of the posting.

I...
Forum: Printers September 5th 10, 08:59 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Epson Stylus Photo 1400 feed problems

I have a small write-up I have written on paper feed issues with Epson
printers.

If you'd like a free copy send an email to me at:

e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

(at) = @
(dot) = .
Forum: Printers August 8th 10, 04:42 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Large Format Inkjet With Scanner?

While I agree with MD34 regarding all in one contraptions, I do believe
Brother offered a 11 x 17 all in one model at one point. Not sure if it
is still available, however.

Art

If you are...
Forum: Printers August 8th 10, 04:41 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 7
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Review of 62 All-In-One Inkjet printers

Thanks.

I will try to find the copy at my local library. I'm in there enough!

My library now supplies some magazines on line, but I don't believe CR
is among them (yet).

Art
Forum: Printers August 5th 10, 02:40 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 7
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Review of 62 All-In-One Inkjet printers

Thanks for the heads up. Does Consumer Reports offer the article
online, or do you need to subscribe for a pay service?

Could you give a very brief review of the cost differences per unit?
Are...
Forum: Printers August 1st 10, 10:45 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 12
Posted By Arthur Entlich
EPSON R200 banding problem (ctd.)

I don't have a copy of the R200 driver in front of me, but some Epson
drivers allow you to go into an advanced mode and open another window
with more technical options.

Art

If you are interested...
Forum: Printers August 1st 10, 10:41 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 46
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Postscript still important for laser printers? How much RAMis enough? LexMark?

I'm not here to be a Costco promoter, but when I get good service, I do
not mind sharing my good fortune with others.

As I mentioned you have to buy a membership, but assume you were
displeased,...
Forum: Printers August 1st 10, 10:37 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Toner Refill Compatibility

Probably, but I would go to several toner vendors on line and see if
they suggest the same product number for both, or not. Toner is not
toner, they vary considerably in chemistry, composition,...
Forum: Printers July 30th 10, 09:56 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By Arthur Entlich
EPSON R200 banding problem

If you look closely at your nozzle check you probably will notice the
steplike line are not equally distant from one another. This is called
deflected nozzles, and they can cause the type of...
Forum: Printers July 30th 10, 09:52 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 46
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Postscript still important for laser printers? How much RAMis enough? LexMark?

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

Tim Okergit wrote:
On 07/28/2010 11:49 AM,...
Forum: Printers July 28th 10, 04:57 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 51
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Refilling HP22 cart - magenta problems

As many have probably noted, and as Bob Headrick recently alluded to in
his recent and rare posting, many of the more active and knowledgeable
people who were on this news group have left or become...
Forum: Printers July 28th 10, 04:49 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 46
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Postscript still important for laser printers? How much RAMis enough? LexMark?

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

Tim Okergit wrote:
On 07/26/2010 02:49 PM,...
Forum: Printers July 28th 10, 04:18 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Problems with Epson Perfection 1200 photo and possible epsonconflicts

Am I correct in assuming both the all-in-one and the scanner are using
USB connections?

When installing, did you install the driver software prior to plugging
in the USB connections from the...
Forum: Printers July 27th 10, 10:24 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 46
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Postscript still important for laser printers? How much RAMis enough? LexMark?

Canons unofficial rep? Why it used to me Measekite, wasn't it? ;-)

While Bob Headrick actually worked for HP in their inkjet cartridge
division, I have no affiliation with Epson other than that I...
Forum: Printers July 26th 10, 08:30 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 19
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Why do inkjet cartridges have those sponges?

Inkjet cartridges with sponges DO have a hole drilled in them, at the
top, Joel, or a vacuum would develops which would not allow the ink out.

They usually had a pull tab you have to pull off...
Forum: Printers July 26th 10, 08:24 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 46
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Postscript still important for laser printers? How much RAMis enough? LexMark?

I'm not trying to challenge your personal experiences with the Canon
versus HP printers, but to be fair, you really cannot compare a color
laser printer to an inkjet. Even the printer divisions...
Forum: Printers July 24th 10, 08:49 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 19
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Why do inkjet cartridges have those sponges?

The use of sponges or other batting (some use a plastic fiber) is
multiple, but is also an older and not as effective method. It is
mainly there to control ink release to the head. The capillary...
Forum: Printers June 27th 10, 02:28 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 7
Posted By Arthur Entlich
Konica Minolta Magicolor 4600 DN - toner chip / booby trappedtoner mechanism

Just a quick PS:

I'm not sure exactly about the warranty K-M was speaking about.
Typically, what they offer is to take back your cartridges when they
read empty. Sometimes they will pay shipping,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500