Showing results 1 to 25 of 78
Search took 4.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JAD[_5_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 6th 10, 11:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By JAD[_5_]
Need Stylus how-to

"Henri Beyle" wrote in message
HI,
Hope this is the good place to post this.

I need to dismantle my Stylus Photo EX to clean or...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 20th 09, 09:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By JAD[_5_]
Wont' read CD drives

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
I am using XP with a CD drive and a DVD drive.
Neither drive will read the data. The doors...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 11th 09, 05:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By JAD[_5_]
Windows 7 Performance Index

I give it an overall rating of 2.2....are you really going to put any stock in
that?....ratings are a good way of getting YOU to BUY NEW HARDWARE,,,,,the world needs
your money!

"mac"...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 6th 09, 05:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,comp.arch,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 28
Posted By JAD[_5_]
Motherboard unusuable because of 1 millimeter of missing plastic ?!?!?!?!

You are truly The master of 'lightning fingers' everything you touch falls apart

Please switch to MAC....its been a long tedious road with you and your computers.......
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 28th 09, 10:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By JAD[_5_]
Windows 7 Case Badges

"Agent_C" wrote in message
Neither the upgrade or OEM DVD came with a Windows 7 case badge.

Any ideas where I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 30th 09, 08:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By JAD[_5_]
HDD not detected on cold boot (sometimes).

"Lee Anthony" wrote in message
50% of the time when I start this XP Pro from cold it works fine. The other times the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 5th 09, 06:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By JAD[_5_]
Before I give up....

"SunshinePC" wrote in message
According to this, it has diagnostic lights.

Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 4th 09, 06:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By JAD[_5_]
Before I give up....

"Bill Eversole" wrote in message
Hi,

Working on a Dell Dimension 4400 for the last week running...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 31st 09, 04:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By JAD[_5_]
Can a bad Etherlink card effect browser ability to access the net?

"Brian K" wrote in message
On 5/29/2009 12:56 PM JAD conferred with the ghost of Faye Wray and said:
"Brian...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 29th 09, 06:14 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By JAD[_5_]
Intel DP35DP - Sound only Works under Admin?

"Justin" wrote in message
Windows XP SP3
I'm not sure if it is related, but after I installed a Logitec QuickCam...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 29th 09, 06:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By JAD[_5_]
Can no longer access BIOS

"evilmeeko" wrote in message

i have the same issue.. and even replaced the PSU, RAM graphics, reset
CMOS, and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 29th 09, 05:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By JAD[_5_]
mistory of the missing DVD Drive

"Des" wrote in message
Hi. This is unusual. I boot up the PC and find in my computer that
the DVD...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 29th 09, 05:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By JAD[_5_]
Can a bad Etherlink card effect browser ability to access the net?

"Brian K" wrote in message
I am really in need of some help. Suddenly, I've lost the ability to access the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 24th 09, 04:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By JAD[_5_]
WD HDD not recognised by XP

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi All,
I have a brand new WD Caviar HDD (EIDE/PATA) that has a relatively
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 09, 09:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By JAD[_5_]
No boot, just shuts down before P.O.S.T.

"1D1OT" wrote in message
My self-built Win XP Pro MCE machine will not boot. The BioStar splash
screen comes on, but then the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 6th 09, 06:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By JAD[_5_]
Mwave assempby/test service, how good is it?

I have been doing business with them for many years and am lucky enough to live close by.
I have hung around the Tech desk and they do a very good job of testing the bare bones or
bundle. We have...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 21st 09, 10:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By JAD[_5_]
Circuit City to Liquidate Remaining US Stores "Another one bites the dust"

of course..get out before the computer becomes an appliance

"GMAN" wrote in message ...
http://www.foxbusiness.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 8th 09, 05:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Replies: 7
Posted By JAD[_5_]
Baby fried my MB

pull a stick of memory out..and / or reseat all your hardware back in their respective
slots.

Use the old 1st thing to do:
Strip it down to a 'POST'- minimum and try to POST..if it will, then try...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 9th 08, 05:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
wtf
Posted By JAD[_5_]
wtf

lost headers

test
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 1st 08, 08:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment,alt.os.windows-xp
Replies: 18
Posted By JAD[_5_]
Did I kill my C drive?

"Wog George" wrote in message

"(!)" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 7th 08, 05:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 50
Posted By JAD[_5_]
New Theory: AMD's CPU Throttling damaged the power supply.

the more things change the more they stay the same..

skydork you're a hoot....buy disposable e machines, it would be more humane compared to
what you have done to your rigs.
There should be a law...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 7th 08, 05:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 54
Posted By JAD[_5_]
New Theory: AMD's CPU Throttling damaged the power supply.

the more things change the more they stay the same..

skydork you're a hoot....buy disposable e machines, it would be more humane compared to
what you have done to your rigs.
There should be a law...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 23rd 08, 07:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 110
Posted By JAD[_5_]
Is it worth buying 4GB RAM for an XP machine?

it is obvious that the xinux cultist have wiped your mind of rational thought...you spout
ALL the xinux cliches' ,,sad really ...but good luck to you.
AFA MS and lawsuits....MS didn't do anything...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 78