Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 3.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jan Alter
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 10th 20, 04:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Jan Alter
Intel cooler gone all clingy, will not detach.

On 6/9/2020 11:45 AM, Patrick wrote:
On 09/06/2020 13:27, wrote:
A mainboard died, so I wished to salvage the i7 CPU therefrom. Has stock
Intel cooler. Can turn one of the...
Forum: Printers November 29th 14, 03:47 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 0
Posted By Jan Alter
alternating paper and ink lights on epson c88

This event started after doing a couple of head cleanings after I
refilled the cartridges. After turning the printer off, pushing a small
flange towards the back of the printer head I was able to...
Forum: Printers February 9th 14, 09:37 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 0
Posted By Jan Alter
Epson R1800 startup grinding noise

Our 8 year old R1800 printer has been making this noise at startup sometimes
now for the past 4 years. I've tried googling only to find others having the
same problem but no answer. Has anyone in...
Forum: Printers December 27th 13, 02:02 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 8
Posted By Jan Alter
New printers compatible with Windows 2000

"Frank Williams" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 17:02:47 +1300, Frank Williams
Forum: Printers October 10th 13, 09:33 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 10
Posted By Jan Alter
Epson Prin tHead Fix

"adriatic" wrote in message
Have you seen something like this ?

Before fix

Forum: General October 1st 13, 03:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Jan Alter
Hard drive issue

"Eidelmaim" wrote in message

Hey friends, been a while since i had to ask for help but here i am
:)....

Ok so...
Forum: General September 27th 13, 04:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
Posted By Jan Alter
Can't Access BIOS

wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 16:52:00 -0500, VanguardLH wrote:

Then maybe the problem isn't with...
Forum: General September 26th 13, 03:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
Posted By Jan Alter
Can't Access BIOS

"Carpe_Diem" wrote in message
Op 26/09/2013 13:06, schreef:
I have an old, but working Dell Optiplex GX280 with XP...
Forum: Printers August 14th 13, 04:44 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By Jan Alter
WF-2540 printer cartridges; (tiny!): Refill? Reset?

"Stuart" wrote in message
In article ,
Angelo Campanella wrote:
I bought a...
Forum: General May 25th 13, 09:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Jan Alter
Trying to Resurrect a laptop - Need advice

wrote in message
I have a Inspiron 8200 laptop that I thought to make work. It was
missing its hard drive (and caddy), as well...
Forum: General April 20th 13, 08:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Jan Alter
How to hard drive test

"Motor T" wrote in message
On 4/20/2013 7:58 AM, Jan Alter wrote:

Thanks Jan. I didn't realize there was a eSATA port on the back of...
Forum: General April 20th 13, 03:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Jan Alter
How to hard drive test

--
"Motor T" wrote in message
I have a brand new WD 500GB disk. It is a SATA disk inside a disk caddy.
It is connected to the...
Forum: Printers March 10th 13, 04:43 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Jan Alter
paper tray #1 is stuck on my Lexmark T640 monochrome laser printer

"David Klein" wrote in message
It's jammed in at an angle, and I don't want
to pull it out forcefully. The...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 11th 13, 02:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 41
Posted By Jan Alter
Are all SATA cables the same?

wrote in message
On Thursday, 7 February 2013 04:19:57 UTC+8, Metspitzer wrote:
I know there are SATA2 and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 6th 13, 09:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 41
Posted By Jan Alter
Are all SATA cables the same?

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
I know there are SATA2 and SATA3 SSD drives. Are the cables
different?

--
Stephanie:...
Forum: General January 12th 13, 06:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

"JD" wrote in message
Hello Experts :-)

I have a Garmin Nuvi and I am having some trouble. I bought it in USA but
I am now living...
Forum: Printers January 9th 13, 07:26 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Jan Alter
MIS ASSOCIATES - Still in business?

I've been getting bulk ink from them for at least 8 years for Epson printers
which have included the C84. Quality is very good in my opinion, using ink
for the R1800 for at least 5 years now that I...
Forum: Printers November 21st 12, 08:50 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 10
Posted By Jan Alter
Printer Ink pricier than champagne!

"Ant" wrote in message
On 11/20/2012 4:21 PM PT, Joel typed:

Most of us have seen the picture over a decade...
Forum: Printers November 21st 12, 12:04 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 10
Posted By Jan Alter
Printer Ink pricier than champagne!

"davy" wrote in message

Anyone seen the article in the Daily Mail UK Newspaper today (Tuesday
20th Nov).

Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 24th 12, 09:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By Jan Alter
Help needed fast to find motherboard drivers AtecStar

"Paul" wrote in message
Gabriel Knight wrote:
Everyone I have found what I needed I used right click driver pack that I
forgot I had...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 25th 12, 05:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Jan Alter
BIOS changes boot device priority on its own

"Yousuf Khan" wrote in message
On 25/07/2012 8:43 AM, Rebel1 wrote:
Sometime when I boot, I get this message at the end of the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 30th 12, 07:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Jan Alter
Upgrading system

"roansh" wrote in message
Before I start with my question, My current desktop's hardware
Forum: Printers April 30th 12, 12:09 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 8
Posted By Jan Alter
All in one printer with serious drivers

I've used newegg.com user reviews for years to get an inkling (pardon the
expression) of what others think of the items they've bought. Usually
finding a product that is popular with 4 or 5 stars...
Forum: General January 26th 12, 02:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Jan Alter
Desktop Will Not Start Immediately

"tb" wrote in message
I have two desktops hooked up to the same power strip. After I shut down
the PCs I also turn the power...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 19th 12, 07:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Jan Alter
swapping graphics cards

"Lol" wrote in message
I have one box running XP with a geforce 9600GT, and a more recent build
with windows 7 has a geforce...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500