Showing results 1 to 25 of 118
Search took 0.42 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Fitz[_2_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 31st 09, 03:29 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
Looking for good free portable screen capture program

[email protected] wrote:
Can anyone suggest a good free portable screen capture
program that can be carried and run independantly with
a thumb drive?

Thanks!
bo

Screenhunter:
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 3rd 09, 04:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
Requesting feedback for my Planned Rig

seraphy wrote:
Hi guys just going to list what I'm going for, please note any
complications or
if something conflicts

Case: Antec Aria NSK1380
PSU: Built in "80PLUS 350w genuine Antec...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 1st 09, 06:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
UPS problem

I didn't download this, but you can check it out:

http://www.riello-ups.com/?en/download/88/popup-message-utility-for-windows-vista

Fitz
--
Your body is a temple boy,
You ought to treat it...

Pedro wrote:
Hello all,
My system uses windows vista x64 on an ASUS M2N-VM DVI mobo, 4 GB DDR2
RAM, and an AMD Athlon X2 5400+ processor.
I've got on my system a Riello UPS...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 25th 09, 06:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 39
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
CPU Cooler

You've got me thinking about it, and maybe styrofoam isn't
the correct word. The mat I use isn't the shaped, light weight
and brittle stuff you'ld usually think of. Small pieces don't come
off when...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 25th 09, 07:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 39
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
CPU Cooler

wrote:

Fitz wrote:
I use a square piece of styrofoam (saved from a shipping box) and place the
motherboard anti-static bag flat on it.

Quit doing that. The...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 25th 09, 12:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 39
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
CPU Cooler

Dave wrote:
None of the above. :( First factor is the builder -- are their hands
not shaking -- cool, calm, and collected, never rushed, and most
importantly know what they're doing... (a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 10th 09, 08:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
Who is building high quality power supplies?

TVeblen wrote:
I'm going to be researching supplies for an i7-X58 rig. I will be looking at
the 600-700W range. Which manufacturers are building high quality,
dependable supplies?
I have...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 9th 09, 04:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 32
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
ASUS Motherboards - Quality or Goofballs?

do you think that this RMA process is just
cheaper for the manufacturers than a good quality control program?

Since I don't have any inside knowledge about their quality control
procedures
I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 9th 09, 06:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
CPU upgrade from AMD X2 3800+ to 7750BE

I bought another pair of 2G Adata DDR2-800 Gaming Edition. With 4x2G,
M2N-E POSTed, but 64-bit Vi$Ta blue-screened!!!!!

Install Vista 64 with 2GB RAM, then install SP1 which contains a fix for...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 9th 09, 01:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 32
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
ASUS Motherboards - Quality or Goofballs?

My last experience with ASUS was frustrating, but in the end,
they got it right.
ASUS Maximus II Formula

1st board RMA for dead SATA port
2nd board RMA for Northbridge overheat (system protection...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 12th 08, 08:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
Single VelociRaptor or RAID 0

Run a benchmark program.

Did a little more looking around and came
across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcuRPJeDQHY

Benchmarked the Velociraptor against the 74GB
Raptors (RAID 0). The...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 12th 08, 08:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
What is fastest CPU I can use on this motherboard ?

goldtech wrote:
Hi,

I have a GIGABYTE GA-M55SLI-S4 AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD
Motherboard.

Would anyone know:

What is the fastest CPU I can use with this mobo? You could link...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 11th 08, 04:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
Single VelociRaptor or RAID 0

Run a benchmark program.

If I'm going to return the VelociRaptor, I need to leave it unopened.
Hard to benchmark it in the box.

Fitz

--
Your body is a temple boy,
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 10th 08, 11:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
Single VelociRaptor or RAID 0

I've read a few different forum post, and still haven't
found a definitive answer. Basically the question is
will I lose a significant amount of performance if I
switch from a 2 X 74 GB Raptor (RAID...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 2nd 08, 03:46 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
Help reading minidump file

I've got a new Intel build that is giving me multiple errors, including
the occasional BSOD. I want to read the dump file, but can't seem
to get it right (and I'm sure it's operator error). I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 26th 08, 10:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
OT Newegg not displaying shipping charge

If Newegg is offering free shipping on an item, it advertises that
before you
add the item to your cart. If shipping isn't free, then when you add an item
to your cart you can see shipping charges...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 15th 08, 08:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
Which DVD writer to choose ?

I have the Lite-on LH-20AH1 and the GH-22LS30. Both are SATA.
Both are Light Scribe, so if you have no need for that, you can save
yourself a couple bucks by getting the non-LS version. The Lite-on...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 9th 08, 07:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
No ATA/ATAPI tab in Device Manager

Was having problems with system "hang" (unresponsive mouse, 3-10 second
screen freeze) when accessing D:\Storage. Was going to check the DMA
mode and saw that there was no ATA\ATAPI tab listed....
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 9th 08, 07:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
No ATA/ATAPI tab in Device Manager

Was having problems with system "hang" (unresponsive mouse, 3-10 second
screen freeze) when accessing D:\Storage. Was going to check the DMA
mode and saw that there was no ATA\ATAPI tab listed....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 7th 08, 06:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
GTX280 OC2 strange behavior

Using driver 178.24

I was surprised to find that BFG tech support wasn't aware this was
normal. He issued an RMA for
the card. After learning that the card was behaving normally, I called
to...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 7th 08, 12:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
GTX280OC2 strange behavior

Thanks, appreciate the reply.

Fitz

--
Your body is a temple boy,
You ought to treat it well
Replies: 2
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
GTX280 OC2 strange behavior

I have a BFG 280 OC 2 (650MHz vs 602MHz core clock). At the Desktop, if
I open the NVidia control panel, System Information, the clock speed
reports as 301MHz. Initially, I thought that number...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 6th 08, 10:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
GTX280OC2 strange behavior

I have a BFG 280 OC 2 (650MHz vs 602MHz core clock). At the Desktop, if
I open the NVidia control panel, System Information, the clock speed
reports as 301MHz. Initially, I thought that number...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 26th 08, 05:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Fitz[_2_]
4 pin vs 8 pin EATX connect...slightly embarrassing

After reading Bob Knowlden's reply, I checked some more.
There are 3 cables on the power supply that are permanent (non-modular)-
the 24 pin connector, the 4 pin 12V and the 8 PIN EPS 12V.

Because...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 118