Showing results 1 to 25 of 190
Search took 1.46 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 15th 07, 11:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave
building a computer manual

wrote in message
hi i am new to the world of building computers i want to build a
computer is there a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 12th 07, 02:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Dave
System component selection comments

"DaveW" wrote in message
I would NEVER use a $55 550 watt PSU..At that price for that power output
they are using CHEAP...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 11th 07, 01:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Dave
System component selection comments

"Mellowed" wrote in message
This is the parts list that I am about to order in putting together my
first system. I was looking for...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 5th 07, 04:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave
Windows Install/Setupdds.sys/Page error

"Tekipunk" wrote in message
I'm installing an operating system on my girlfriends brand new system.
Every time I get to the step where...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 3rd 07, 09:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By Dave
I don't get it? Much higher spec PC and its WORSE performance wise?

Hi Dave,

No - I kept all the same software and OS from before - Windows XP.
As an aside is there any resource online that can help? One of my thoughts
is I want to take the machine back to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 3rd 07, 09:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By Dave
I don't get it? Much higher spec PC and its WORSE performance wise?

"Mr.Will" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is an obvious question but I am totally stumped. Recently an
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 2nd 07, 11:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,rec.video.desktop
Replies: 7
Posted By Dave
s computer won't boot with TV card(s) in

"tg" wrote in message
I got a strange problem with a couple of TV tuner PCI cards.
One is a Videomate TV/PVR/FM, the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 1st 07, 01:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Dave
PC keeps switching off

"tg" wrote in message
I've got a computer I made based on an Aopen AX4PER-GN motherboard, an
Intel Celeron processor...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 21st 07, 09:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave
Help me Important! CPU fan not starting up!

"tommylux" wrote in message
I have a brand new E6600 processor and Gigabyte GA-965p-D6 Motherboard.

When I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 21st 07, 02:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave
PC has no video

"h" wrote in message
My PC lost its video, the monitor shows nothing at all, but the PC seems
running normally, since I can not see...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 21st 07, 02:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave
Seeking advice on build

"Klaatu" wrote in message
Putting together a new system to replace an aging one. It'll be used
mainly
for gaming...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 21st 07, 02:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave
Seasonic versus Antec

"Peter Lykkegaard" wrote in message
Hi All

I am considering a Seasonic S12/500w versus Antec 550W Neo HE Power
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 16th 07, 09:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By Dave
Low-end gamer -- $1200 box

"Davej" wrote in message
Here is my $1200 box. My intent is a low end gamer. I hope to have it
assembled by the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 15th 07, 01:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave
MB Choice for a low cost PC

"BuySmartShopping" wrote in message
What do Ebay, QVC, and Finger the hut have in common?

They aren't...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 15th 07, 01:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By Dave
Measuring power consumption of my PC?

"BuySmartShopping" wrote in message
What do Ebay, QVC, and Finger the hut have in common?

They aren't...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 15th 07, 12:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave
MB Choice for a low cost PC

Asrock boards are excellent quality.

My 4th motherboard is an Asrock one (775VIA-MST), and I'm very pleased
with it, _at the present time_. My three previous boards were Asus ones.
I've...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 14th 07, 05:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By Dave
Measuring power consumption of my PC?

When the waveform of the current is not sinusoidal, as is the case
for a switching power supply without power factor correction,
the Kill-A-Watt is not accurate. You need a waveform...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 13th 07, 09:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By Dave
Measuring power consumption of my PC?

wrote in message

Is there a device I can use to measure the power consumption of my PC?
Like something I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 12th 07, 11:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave
thoughts on new system

Dave, you are the Saint Francis of power-supplies. Your persistence is,
I wager, saving many people headaches with their builds.

I hope so. :) -Dave
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 11th 07, 10:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Dave
mb warranties

"OSbandito" wrote in message
I haven't heard this discussed here so will offer info picked up at
zipzoomfly. A few, for some...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 11th 07, 10:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave
Pwr. Supply spec

"OSbandito" wrote in message
Here's something I never noticed before. Spec on a brand chosen
randomly, Antec, shows a spec for...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 10th 07, 10:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave
thoughts on new system

"Sean" wrote in message
Core2duo 6300

Foxconn P9657AA-8EKRS2H, Intel P965

GEIL 2GB (2 x...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 10th 07, 10:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave
thoughts on new system

"Sean" wrote in message
Thanks for the info.. I'll look into the core 2 duo.. I thought AMD were
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 10th 07, 10:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Dave
Dumb Questions...

"Davej" wrote in message
Ok, I'm getting discouraged. I wanted to figure out a parts list for a
low-end E6400...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 10th 07, 05:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave
thoughts on new system

"Sean" wrote in message
Hi,

I've been a bit out of the hardware world for a while now and so...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 190