Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: TE Cheah
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 10th 10, 04:03 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 41
Posted By TE Cheah
Speeding up Windows with a SSD

used to take 40s to boot to a usable desktop
Depends on how fast cpu / ram / mboard chipset / hdd ( RAID is
faster but costlier, bulkier, heavier, use more electricity & produce
more heat ) /...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 28th 10, 03:36 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 10
Posted By TE Cheah
Kingston 2 gb SD card has just 1.83 gb in WinXP, exaggeration ?

Same exaggeration in other SD cards I have. Has any manufacturer
been prosecuted for these exaggerations ?
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors August 23rd 10, 10:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 5
Posted By TE Cheah
Cool & Quiet is insignificant : can cool my LE1620 just a bit ( 2?C )

Actually, you might be able to use Crystal CPUID to control the cool and quiet steps -- probably would have to uninstall the AMD
driver -- and go for lower voltages, but you'd have to torture...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors August 22nd 10, 02:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 5
Posted By TE Cheah
Cool & Quiet is insignificant : can cool my LE1620 just a bit ( 2șC )

No match to e.g. CPUidle ( on dos apps ) / Rain ( on K6 ) / CPUcool
( on K7 ), but none of these can cool a K8.
Does any1 here know of a utility to cool a K8 ?
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors July 15th 10, 03:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 7
Posted By TE Cheah
Can a AM3 cpu work in a AM2 socket ( Asus M2A-VM ) ?

I used to build 2 people personal computers

Do you run a pc shop ? I can't find a shop in USA willing to
mail ( sea / air ) a blu-ray rom to msia, all shops want me
to pay for courier.
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors July 13th 10, 06:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 7
Posted By TE Cheah
Can a AM3 cpu work in a AM2 socket ( Asus M2A-VM ) ?

No, just AM2+ sockets, with recent enough BIOS.

M2A-VM's web page says AM3 cpu can work, newest bios
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=M2A-VM&os=17&SLanguage=en-us
can recognise...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors July 10th 10, 12:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 7
Posted By TE Cheah
Why most ink cartridges have just yellow & no green ink ?

subtractive colors are Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow

Have you noticed that the cyan ink of probably every brand
looks like just blue ( with no green content ) ? Even the 1st
cyan colour in wikipedia...
Forum: Printers June 10th 10, 05:56 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 14
Posted By TE Cheah
Why most ink cartridges have just yellow & no green ink ?

With ink, green is obtained by mixing cyan and yellow
The blue ink in my cartridge does not look like cyan ( a mix of
green & blue ). I notice my cartridege can print light green
despite having...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors June 1st 10, 10:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 4
Posted By TE Cheah
Can a LE-1620 @2.4 ghz decode a blue ray movie, via PowerDVD 9 ?

It should be enough.
I found 2 1080p trailers in mp4 format : cpu usage often reach 100%
while playing ( via FLV player or PwrDVD9 ) these, both picture &
sound have pauses.

With Nvidia VDPAU,
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors June 1st 10, 10:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 4
Posted By TE Cheah
Can a LE-1620 @2.4 ghz decode a blue ray movie, via PowerDVD 9 ?

See if you can playback the trailers easily.
http://trailers.apple.com
I suspect 1 can't decode 1080p mov files w-o buying QTime pro. 1
site calls its mov file blu-ray, conned me to dwnld ( took...
Forum: Printers May 30th 10, 04:48 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 14
Posted By TE Cheah
Why most ink cartridges have just yellow & no green ink ?

Your printer has a color map that adds other colors to give you a specific
green color.
Green is a pure colour, no other colour added can increase pale green
to darker green.

If you put green...
Forum: Printers May 28th 10, 10:35 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 14
Posted By TE Cheah
Why most ink cartridges have just yellow & no green ink ?

My Canon iP1880 can't print dark green, just pale green.
I'll put green ink into cartridge. Has any1 here done this ?
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors May 23rd 10, 05:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 4
Posted By TE Cheah
Can a LE-1620 @2.4 ghz decode a blue ray movie, via PowerDVD 9 ?

@ just 1x playback speed, using AMD 690g chipset & 2 gb ddr2 ram
.. CPU usage during playback of dvd D9 movie @1x speed already
can reach 77%, @2x speed - 100%.
If not, what's the minimum cpu (...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 31st 10, 07:34 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By TE Cheah
Problem with Promise PCI SATA controller

| Does anyone know how I can get this card to work?

Pci slot / chipset pins may be dirty / shorted by carbon in dust.
Chk pci version ( via Sandra if necessary ) of mboard & card,
some cards need...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15