Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 5.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: First of One[_2_]
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 9th 10, 02:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By First of One[_2_]
GeForce GTX 460 FTW work in a mobo with PCI Express 1.*??

This is a single-core 2.4 GHz, correct? Performance in games would probably
be a wash with my old 4400+ (2.2 GHz dual core). You'll notice a speed
increase in some games. In other games that are...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 8th 10, 03:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By First of One[_2_]
GeForce GTX 460 FTW work in a mobo with PCI Express 1.*??

Yes it should work. PCIe 2.0 cards are backwards compatible. I upgraded from
X1900XT Crossfire to a single GTX 285, definitely noticed a difference.
These work well as ultra-fast DX9 cards. The GTX...
Forum: Ati Videocards September 27th 10, 03:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
Posted By First of One[_2_]
why catalyst control center did not offer me software crossfire option / what is the requirement of software crossfire

"Zhang Weiwu" wrote in message
On 2010?09?22? 20:41, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
It can happen that although both cards have a...
Forum: General September 23rd 10, 03:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By First of One[_2_]
Anyone still use CRT monitors?

Just put it on Craigslist. My friends have been getting rid of unwanted
furniture and electronics this way for a couple of years.

It can...
Forum: Ati Videocards September 13th 10, 06:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 11
Posted By First of One[_2_]
ATI Radeon undocumented bug- Can't use Radeon with with CRT's.

The 60Hz annoyance has plagued ATi drivers for almost 10 years. Apparently
it's tied to WHQL certification. Use this little program:
http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

Being "made for LCDs" isn't...
Forum: Ati Videocards September 8th 10, 11:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By First of One[_2_]
what was fastest AGP card?

HD3850 AGP. Much faster than the HD4650. Apparently you can still buy them
new for...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 4th 10, 08:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By First of One[_2_]
PNY discount for BFG cards

A discount is better than no discount at all. However, just keep in mind
PNY.Com prices are higher than Newegg prices. For example, with the discount
the GTX480 is $400 at PNY.Com. The equivalent...
Forum: Ati Videocards August 21st 10, 03:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
Posted By First of One[_2_]
ATI Tray Tools

Did you download ATT from Guru3D or from another site?

Did you scan the downloaded file for viruses?

It can therefore be said that politics...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 15th 10, 05:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By First of One[_2_]
PSU for 470

See Paul's post for a detailed breakdown of component current draw. Corsair
TX650W is more than enough. In fact Paul's estimate may be conservative,
because max current draw for the disk drives...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 24th 10, 06:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 0
Posted By First of One[_2_]
70% of Activision Profits Non-Console

So much for all the PC hate during Modern Warfare 2's launch.

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/111454/70-of-activision-profits-non-console

I guess WoW's $100 million-per-month revenue contributes...
Forum: Ati Videocards June 24th 10, 06:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 0
Posted By First of One[_2_]
70% of Activision Profits Non-Console

So much for all the PC hate during Modern Warfare 2's launch.

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/111454/70-of-activision-profits-non-console

I guess WoW's $100 million-per-month revenue contributes...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 7th 10, 03:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By First of One[_2_]
Dell with GTS240

The GTS250 cards Dell sells have one each DVI, VGA and HDMI...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 5th 10, 07:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,rec.games.video.nintendo
Replies: 7
Posted By First of One[_2_]
Nintendo 3DS to be more powerful than Wii -- Does NOT use Nvidia's Tegra chipset

"parallax-scroll" wrote in message
http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1094930p1.html

"Several...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 19th 10, 06:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By First of One[_2_]
Text corruption?

Do you happen to have anti-aliasing forced on in the nVidia control panel?

bloodshed...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 19th 10, 06:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By First of One[_2_]
Galaxy Single-Slot GTX470

Bad experience? Never owned one myself. Galaxy tends to put sensible
non-reference coolers on its cards.

It can therefore be said that...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 18th 10, 03:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By First of One[_2_]
Galaxy Single-Slot GTX470

No idea how hot it gets under load...
http://www.donanimhaber.com/Galaxy_tek_slot_tasarimli_GeForce_GTX_470_modelini_hazirliyor-20095.htm

It...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 16th 10, 07:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By First of One[_2_]
Question about my video card NVIDIA GeForce 6600 AGP.

"bobby" wrote in message
I have a NVIDIA GeForce 6600 AGP video card. My question is when
upgrading drivers for my...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 29th 10, 03:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By First of One[_2_]
First Geforce GTX 480 Review

I have the same opinion on the Catalysts. I would rather prefer to game on 3
monitors with an nVidia card. Thanks to nVidia's misplaced priorities, that
won't be possible.

--
"War is the...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 28th 10, 08:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By First of One[_2_]
First Geforce GTX 480 Review

"Peter Dassow" wrote in message
Not all users need 3 monitors (and you have to pay for 3 monitors also,
that's...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 28th 10, 12:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By First of One[_2_]
First Geforce GTX 480 Review

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130551
Slightly overclocked cards are already listed for about $30 more than
regular GTX 480s.

Shame the GTX 470/480 cannot drive 3 monitors...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 19th 10, 02:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By First of One[_2_]
New 197.13 Driver Fixes Fan Speed Issue

Is it beta (not fully tested by nVidia) or just WHQL-candidate?

WHQL "certification" is bull**** by the way, because the certification
authority is Microsoft, which does not have a good track...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 18th 10, 12:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By First of One[_2_]
New 197.13 Driver Fixes Fan Speed Issue

WHQL-candidate driver that fixes the fan speed issue.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_32bit_197.13.html

Drivers for other OSes can be found through nVidia's driver picker menus.

Finally...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 18th 10, 12:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By First of One[_2_]
GTX 480 Unigine and 3D Vision Surround Demo (GF100)

Until we get true 3D displays, the shutter glasses will have to stay.

Did you wear glasses to see "Avatar"?

It can therefore be said that...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 18th 10, 12:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By First of One[_2_]
GTX 480 Unigine and 3D Vision Surround Demo (GF100)

That's true. Though to perceive 40 fps, the card will have to pump out 80
fps, which is reasonable.

It can therefore be said that politics...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 15th 10, 03:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 22
Posted By First of One[_2_]
196.75 drivers fail it

"William R. Walsh"
wrote in message ...
Um... 151 C. = 304 F. Unless 151 C. was really a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500