Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.42 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: yaugin
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 14th 10, 10:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By yaugin
Refresh rate through VGA switch box

On Nov 14, 2:35*am, Ant wrote:
On 11/13/2010 4:33 AM PT, yaugin typed:

I had the same problem - I have a monitor connected to and xbox(which doesnt
care what its...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 13th 10, 12:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On Nov 12, 2:39*pm, "nnk" wrote:

I had the same problem - I have a monitor connected to and xbox(which doesnt
care what its connected to) and a computer - throiugh a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 12th 10, 06:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By yaugin
Refresh rate through VGA switch box

On Nov 12, 7:40*am, david wrote:

The video card normally communicates to the monitor and exchanges
information via an I2C bus known as the EDID. *If those pins are not
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 11th 10, 09:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By yaugin
Refresh rate through VGA switch box

I got a couple of switch boxes but they don't seem to operate at
anything other than 60 Hz when hooked up to a CRT at home. I tried the
switch on my computer at work and it seems to work okay with a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 6th 10, 07:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By yaugin
Is this cable fake?

On Jul 5, 9:43*pm, Paul wrote:
To drive a TV set, with composite, requires an interleaved frame
format for the signal. That kind of "passive" cable, requires
that the video...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 6th 10, 06:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By yaugin
Is this cable fake?

On Jul 5, 6:01*pm, david wrote:

So there, if you bought it, then you should have read the fine print
first. *

Thanks for the accusation, but this fine print was non-existent...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 6th 10, 01:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By yaugin
Is this cable fake?

Recently purchased a dud cable from an ebay seller. However, more than
it not working, I am starting to suspect that it's fake. It has a
standard VGA dsub connector on one end, and a composite RCA...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 5th 10, 01:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By yaugin
Quality of tuner/capture card

How can you tell the real image quality of a tuner/capture card?
Beyond the simple resolution there are issues with color, scaling,
deinterlacing, and artifacts. I have an old Avermedia tuner card....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 20th 10, 10:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By yaugin
KVM bandwidth

How do you translate resolution and refresh rate to bandwidth? I
usually see something like 150-200 MHz on consumer grade switches and
have no idea if that's enough for my setup. Also wondering if...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 30th 10, 01:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By yaugin
SBLive in Windows 7 64-bit

I have an onboard Realtek and a SBLive PCI card. I use the SBLive as
my primary output device in XP, and I only have one set of speakers
and would rather not have to switch plugs whenever I boot into...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 2nd 10, 02:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 33
Posted By yaugin
Are PCs having TOO MUCH computing power?

On Mar 2, 2:30*am, VanguardLH wrote:
Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps) wrote:

Esp when most PCs are not being used to play DirectX games.... :)

Um, other than games,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 29th 09, 10:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By yaugin
SATA card for older system.

On Mar 28, 10:23*pm, "Mike Painter"
wrote:
I have several IDE drives and don't want to add another old one to a system.
It is not likley that a new system will have...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 23rd 09, 02:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By yaugin
No POST; take a guess

One of desktops is on its last leg and it's not worth fixing up
anymore. In total, I had to make 3 major repairs over the course of 5
years, by far the worst record for any PC I've owned. I'll...
Forum: Ati Videocards October 14th 08, 02:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
Posted By yaugin
Will Videocard Help?

On Oct 11, 3:49*pm, "ZR" wrote:
* * For example, watching full screen TV (I have a TV card in there) at
1920x1200 is impossible, but lower resolution would be fine. Using Flash
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 7th 08, 02:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By yaugin
upgrading BOIS

On Oct 4, 8:55*pm, "flamer "
wrote:
Hi I have a real nnoying problem, a server I built about a year ago
has an issue that it wont always power up...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 3rd 08, 09:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By yaugin
flaky Seagate 80gig drive

On Oct 2, 10:16*am, John B. Smith wrote:
I bought a 2nd Seagate SATA 80gig for use as a cloning drive. (this is
a bit anal of me as I backup by imaging software, but I once...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 20th 08, 03:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By yaugin
Help: Missing Hard Drive Space

On Sep 19, 6:06*pm, Searcher7 wrote:
I'm running WindowsME.

Ew. Run Scandisk, you most likely have an inconsistency in the
filesystem that is causing free space reports...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 19th 08, 08:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By yaugin
OT Firefox group?

On Sep 18, 8:35*pm, John Doe wrote:
I don't see any group names including "Firefox".
So next I'll look at "Mozilla".
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

I believe Mozilla uses...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 17th 08, 04:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By yaugin
WinXP and drive letter assignments

On Sep 16, 10:51*am, "nospam" wrote:
Hi All, this probably isn't the best group to post this question, but I'm
hoping Paul and other resident gurus will help me out here.

On one of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 11th 08, 02:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By yaugin
VIA ethernet -- what is NDIS for and do I need it?

I'm updating the drivers for my system, which has an onboard VIA Rhine
ethernet controller. Over at viaarena they have two drivers listed, a
"Rhine" driver with NDIS and a "LAN" driver.

They don't...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 18th 07, 09:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 31
Posted By yaugin
How long to run Memtest86?

On Dec 17, 8:33 pm, John Doe wrote:

Taken literally, that "time spent is completely irrelevant" makes no
sense.

Taking a statement literally and without context also...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 18th 07, 01:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 31
Posted By yaugin
How long to run Memtest86?

On Dec 17, 2:23 pm, wrote:
While I realize there are better memory test programs than Memtest86,
it's probably the best free one. So, any suggestions on how long or
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 15th 07, 01:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By yaugin
PC shuts down immediately after POST

On Dec 14, 5:41 am, wrote:

During the cleaning process, I removed the CPU fan, cleaned it and
replaced it. Someone suggested to me that if it weren't back on
exactly...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 14th 07, 05:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By yaugin
Random rebooting

On Dec 13, 5:31 pm, skotl wrote:

** I'm not against people making money from software. Heck, I release
some of my own apps under a shareware/purchase scheme. I just...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 13th 07, 10:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By yaugin
Athlon XP Upgrade Problem

On Dec 13, 7:33 am, jmuse1 wrote:

Though that does bring up the question, what generally happens when
you try to use a processor that is faster than the motherboard can
work...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36