Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Yeechang Lee
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 22nd 06, 05:17 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.arch.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Yeechang Lee
A few questions before assembling Linux 7.5TB RAID 5 array

Steve Cousins wrote:
OK. I've never used JFS. XFS has worked really well for us. One nice
thing when testing different configurations is that the file system
creates very quickly.

mkfs.jfs...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 22nd 06, 05:17 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.arch.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.hardware

Steve Cousins wrote:
OK. I've never used JFS. XFS has worked really well for us. One nice
thing when testing different configurations is that the file system
creates very quickly.

mkfs.jfs...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives December 22nd 06, 05:17 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.arch.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.hardware

Steve Cousins wrote:
OK. I've never used JFS. XFS has worked really well for us. One nice
thing when testing different configurations is that the file system
creates very quickly.

mkfs.jfs...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 22nd 06, 09:59 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.arch.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Yeechang Lee
A few questions before assembling Linux 7.5TB RAID 5 array

Vegard Svanberg wrote:
What kind of enclosure/cabinet do you use for this setup? Does it have
hot-swap drive bays?

Yes. It's a 4U Chenbro rackmount.

--...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 22nd 06, 09:59 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.arch.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.hardware

Vegard Svanberg wrote:
What kind of enclosure/cabinet do you use for this setup? Does it have
hot-swap drive bays?

Yes. It's a 4U Chenbro rackmount.

--...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives December 22nd 06, 09:59 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.arch.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.hardware

Vegard Svanberg wrote:
What kind of enclosure/cabinet do you use for this setup? Does it have
hot-swap drive bays?

Yes. It's a 4U Chenbro rackmount.

--...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 21st 06, 09:28 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.arch.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Yeechang Lee
A few questions before assembling Linux 7.5TB RAID 5 array

Steve Cousins wrote:
* What chunk size should I use? In previous RAID 5 arrays I've built
for similar purposes I've used 512K. For the setup I'm describing,
should I go bigger?...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 21st 06, 09:28 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.arch.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.hardware

Steve Cousins wrote:
* What chunk size should I use? In previous RAID 5 arrays I've built
for similar purposes I've used 512K. For the setup I'm describing,
should I go bigger?...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives December 21st 06, 09:28 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.arch.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.hardware

Steve Cousins wrote:
* What chunk size should I use? In previous RAID 5 arrays I've built
for similar purposes I've used 512K. For the setup I'm describing,
should I go bigger?...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 21st 06, 06:49 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.arch.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Yeechang Lee
A few questions before assembling Linux 7.5TB RAID 5 array

I'm shortly going to be setting up a Linux software RAID 5 array using
16 500GB SATA drives with one HighPoint RocketRAID 2240 PCI-X
controller (i.e., the controller will be used for its 16 SATA...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 21st 06, 06:49 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.arch.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Yeechang Lee
A few questions before assembling Linux 7.5TB RAID 5 array

I'm shortly going to be setting up a Linux software RAID 5 array using
16 500GB SATA drives with one HighPoint RocketRAID 2240 PCI-X
controller (i.e., the controller will be used for its 16 SATA...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives December 21st 06, 06:49 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.arch.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.hardware