Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.62 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: glen herrmannsfeldt
Forum: Printers September 11th 14, 08:38 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.os.cpm
Replies: 7
Diablo 1620 problem

In comp.os.cpm John Garza wrote:

(snip)

Thanks all for the replies!
I haven't got around to tinkering with it yet. My Sol-20 is on the
bench for a flakey Micropolis drive. The...
Forum: Intel March 22nd 10, 04:32 PM Posted to alt.sys.pdp10,alt.folklore.computers,comp.sys.intel
Replies: 5
Bernd Felsche doing vector transformations of large arrays of double-precision floating point on an 80286

In alt.sys.pdp10 Jonathan de Boyne Pollard wrote:
(someone wrote)

Yes. Everytime you load a segment selector, such as ES, the processor
loads a 64...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 26th 08, 08:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 318
Future architectures [was Intel details future Larrabee ...]

Nick Maclaren wrote:
(snip)

I didn't say "by 1960" but "by the 1960s". The first machines I know
of that had much in the way of transparent caching were late 1960s,
and included several with...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 26th 08, 08:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 318
Future architectures [was Intel details future Larrabee ...]

MooseFET wrote:
On Aug 20, 12:35 am, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:
[....]

Personally, I would like to see FPGAs become cheap enough for the
ordinary hobbyist to use for large...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 13th 08, 07:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,comp.protocols.tcp-ip
Replies: 11
WakeONLAN did not work for direct cable connection ? (Nics wereshutdown after a night of sleep ?)

Vernon Schryver wrote:

(snip)

"Be Liberal in What You Accept, Conservative in What You Send"
would seem to apply here.

That does not and should not apply to firewalls.

Maybe, but not...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 12th 08, 11:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,comp.protocols.tcp-ip
Replies: 11
WakeONLAN did not work for direct cable connection ? (Nics wereshutdown after a night of sleep ?)

Vernon Schryver wrote:

In article ,
glen herrmannsfeldt wrote:

It is usual for UDP to accept packets sent to any...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 11th 08, 10:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,comp.protocols.tcp-ip
Replies: 11
WakeONLAN did not work for direct cable connection ? (Nics wereshutdown after a night of sleep ?)

Skybuck Flying wrote:

Civilization 3 Conquest can now no longer host games properly because the pc
is now multi-homed and civ3 does not select the correct interface/local
address. So icmp...
Forum: Printers July 22nd 07, 06:51 PM Posted to comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.mac.printing
Replies: 25
HP JetDirect card - assigning a fixed IP

Usual Suspect wrote:

You should not configure a static address within the range supplied
by DHCP. It should, then, not configure using DHCP the same address
set as a static...
Forum: Printers July 22nd 07, 09:36 AM Posted to comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.mac.printing
Replies: 25
HP JetDirect card - assigning a fixed IP

Usual Suspect wrote:

JetDirect card J3111A/600N (10baseT, RJ-45).

(snip)

I shut off the printer and restarted it; it showed the same IP address, but
I'm not sure if it is showing me its...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 28th 06, 07:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.dcom.cabling,alt.internet.wireless
Replies: 34
802.11G health issue and home network cabling question

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

(snip)

I got inspired by TV's "Myth Busters". I like to do technical urban
legend type of tests. I didn't do these photos but they show that the
common guesswork for...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10