Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Gordon
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 20th 11, 11:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 71
Posted By John Gordon
DreamPC 2006 ready for it's grave...

In Skybuck writes:

The top 5 problems/killers a

4. Physical shocks

If your PC is regularly...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 9th 11, 12:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By John Gordon
Do I have a dead power supply?

In John Gordon writes:

And -- here's the bad part -- after ten seconds or so there was a
noticeable burning smell, so I quickly shut...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 7th 11, 11:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By John Gordon
Do I have a dead power supply?

In "Don Phillipson" writes:

Yes, this and other faults suggest a dead or dying Power Supply
Unit. None lasts for ever and they last...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 7th 11, 10:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By John Gordon
Do I have a dead power supply?

In "Jan Alter" writes:

Well on the surface the PS going bad sounds like a good bet and it's
certainly worth substituting a good one if...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 7th 11, 10:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By John Gordon
Do I have a dead power supply?

In Loren Pechtel writes:

I don't know specifically where the burning smell was coming from, but
the fact that the fans...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 7th 11, 04:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By John Gordon
Do I have a dead power supply?

I'm having trouble with my PC hardware, and I'm hoping someone can offer
some advice.

Two nights ago, I came home from work as usual and turned on my PC to do
some web browsing. After just a minute...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 27th 11, 10:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi,comp.arch,comp.lang.c,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Replies: 11
Posted By John Gordon
Using free space for more fault tolerant file systems.

In Patrick Scheible writes:

What you describe would save you in the event of a bad sector

It would only save you if there's enough free space to clone...
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7