Showing results 1 to 25 of 149
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DevilsPGD[_4_]
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 1st 12, 06:32 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 31
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
HDD capacity stagnation

In the last episode of , "Rod Speed"
said:

DevilsPGD wrote
Tom Del Rosso wrote

Capacity seems to be...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 1st 12, 03:05 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 31
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
HDD capacity stagnation

In the last episode of , "Tom Del Rosso"
said:

Capacity seems to be progressing very slowly. We were stuck at 2TB for the
longest time (a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 31st 12, 06:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
OT Has anyone updated SATnav by computer please

In the last episode of
, Peter
said:

Why does he need to create a cd to update via computer from a...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards January 18th 12, 09:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 2
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
The GA-H55m-s2v motherboard

In message
someone claiming to be "Peter" typed:

Hello;
From a person who dosnt know. Where in the...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards January 5th 12, 12:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 1
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
dual BIOS - what is it good for?

In message someone claiming to be "Orson Cart"
typed:

I have a GA-M750SLI-DS4 with booting problems.
When switched on, you just see the hard drive...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 3rd 12, 11:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
Be aware of Testing Memory

In message

someone claiming to be Flasherly typed:

On Jan 2, 4:39 am, DevilsPGD...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 2nd 12, 10:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
Be aware of Testing Memory

In message

someone claiming to be Red Cloud typed:

Never use memtest86 and no need to use it. Setup...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 2nd 12, 10:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
the "I can't see all 4 GiB RAM" problem - what are the reserved addresses?

In message someone claiming to be Paul
typed:

Now, Microsoft disabled PAE, after WinXP SP2.

That's not quite true, PAE is supported and used by...
Forum: Intel January 2nd 12, 10:39 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 4
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
Intel's chipset monopoly

In message someone claiming to be "Orson Cart"
typed:

VIA, SiS, ATI and NVIDIA used to make chipsets for FSB CPUs up to
Core 2 and Atom ... but...
Forum: General December 31st 11, 08:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
screwdriver

In message

someone claiming to be bob typed:

So, I'm about to take the screw off the RAM cover on my...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 19th 11, 05:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 69
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
How to keep Windows clock accurate?

In message

someone claiming to be Davej typed:

On Dec 17, 12:25*pm, John Doe ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 19th 11, 05:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
OCZ SDD drives destroyed by hard reset or power off?

In message someone
claiming to be John Doe typed:

DevilsPGD Still-Just-A-Rat-In-A-Cage crazyhat.net wrote:

In...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 19th 11, 07:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
OCZ SDD drives destroyed by hard reset or power off?

In message someone
claiming to be John Doe typed:

Loren Pechtel lorenpechtel hotmail.com wrote:

What you're...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 18th 11, 01:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
Users that have a UPS but no data backup

In message someone
claiming to be John Doe typed:

DevilsPGD Still-Just-A-Rat-In-A-Cage crazyhat.net wrote:

In...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 18th 11, 01:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,free.UseNet,free.spam
Replies: 69
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
How to keep Windows clock accurate?

In message someone
claiming to be John Doe typed:

Windows XP Date and Time Properties is a piece of **** clock...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 17th 11, 08:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 69
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
How to keep Windows clock accurate?

In message someone
claiming to be John Doe typed:

Anybody know of a utility that syncs Windows clock and calendar,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 17th 11, 08:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
Users that have a UPS but no data backup

In message someone
claiming to be John Doe typed:

Loren Pechtel lorenpechtel hotmail.com wrote:

DevilsPGD...
Forum: General December 13th 11, 06:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
Windows Explorer showing a phantom drive.

In message someone claiming
to be Peter Jason typed:

Can I solve this problem by formatting every new thumb drive I get,
then wiping it...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 11th 11, 12:20 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
Chkdsk vs. Chkntfs?

In message someone claiming to be Yousuf
Khan typed:

It suggested running the "chkntfs" utility on the drive letter first and
it returns...
Forum: General December 3rd 11, 11:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
Hard drive prices (rant)

In message Xns9FAE13D80561butter@wefb973cbe498 someone claiming to be
Menno Hershberger typed:

Back in January I bought 2 1TB hard drives for $59.99 apiece from Tiger...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 28th 11, 06:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 45
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
Price of HDD

In message someone claiming to be Krypsis
typed:

On 26/11/2011 4:14 AM, Nil wrote:
On 25 Nov 2011, wrote in
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 28th 11, 03:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 45
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
Price of HDD

In message someone claiming to be Paul
typed:

My guess is, there is hoarding by speculators, and there'll be a massive
dump of cheap drives later,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 28th 11, 01:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 45
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
Price of HDD

In message someone claiming to be
Nil typed:

Still, my impression is that older technology like IDE drives sell
for a premium...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 28th 11, 01:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 45
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
Price of HDD

In message someone claiming to be The
Seabat typed:

When I bought the storage unit you
could get 1TB hard drives for around $60-70. Now you...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 28th 11, 01:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,free.UseNet,free.spam
Replies: 45
Posted By DevilsPGD[_4_]
Price of HDD

In message someone
claiming to be John Doe typed:

Nil rednoise REMOVETHIScomcast.net wrote:

JD JD...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 149