Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.31 seconds.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 1st 18, 08:03 PM Posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Man sues Microsoft for $600M after a forced Windows upgrade destroyed his PC

On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 11:54:11 -0800, T wrote:

On 03/01/2018 01:14 AM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/02/22/man-sues-microsoft-for-
Forum: Dell Computers June 23rd 11, 08:30 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Hooking my laptop to a TV--how

MZB wrote:

OK -- I just bought a new Panasonic 50" Plasma HDTV.

I have a laptop but it does not have an HDMI port. It does have a
different port (3 rows, 5 pins each , is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 7th 11, 03:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
IPS based computer monitors?

"peter" wrote:

With Games in particular and with most Action movies
you need to look at the refresh rate....the lower the better
in order to not get artifacts in the action...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 5th 11, 04:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
IPS based computer monitors?

"peter" wrote:

using this monitor for...Games/Movies

movies
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 4th 11, 05:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
IPS based computer monitors?

Does there exist IPS computer monitors with extremely
good viewing angles?

Any advice on them?
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 8th 11, 07:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Can desktop act as "wireless" router?

John wrote:

You can buy a cable modem that will also broadcast WIFI from the cable
company

Are these combo "cable modems" and "routers a good
idea?

Or still best to have...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 8th 11, 03:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Can desktop act as "wireless" router?

Grinder wrote:

At a minimum, having a standalone router would eliminate the need for
the desktop to be always up, making heat and noise, just for your net
connection....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 8th 11, 03:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

John wrote:

You can buy a cable modem that will also broadcast WIFI from the cable
company.

That might be a solution..
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 7th 11, 11:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Can desktop act as "wireless" router?

Grinder wrote:

Do you have a drop ceiling? Put it up there, or on top of a bookshelf,
or under the desk?

I live in a VERY small one room efficiency apartment
and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 7th 11, 10:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Can desktop act as "wireless" router?

Grinder wrote:

Hardly seems worth the effort when you can get a small wireless router
for $25 that need not sit on top of your desk in order to do the job.

Live in a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 7th 11, 09:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Can desktop act as "wireless" router?

Rather than buying a stand alone wireless router....can
a person just configure his desktop with wireless card
to ACT as a wireless "router" and save some desk space
if short on space?
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 4th 11, 05:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
What abt the new AMD Fusion chip?

Be reading some good things abt it

Any desktops out there with it yet?
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 3rd 11, 08:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
What "adult" case for low cost PC build?

Well I came across the NewEgg deal today

Might go for this

I know its overkill for an HTPC but the price is right

What say you...
Forum: Dell Computers February 2nd 11, 09:16 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Dell Inspiron One 2305 all-in-one: Any owners out there?

Dave wrote:

How much did that C300 above cost you and where did you
buy it?

Does it seem to satisfy your needs ok?

I paid 399.00 directly from lenovo.
It is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 31st 11, 10:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
What "adult" case for low cost PC build?

"Timothy Daniels" wrote:

Case and fan layout can affect cooling drastically.
Steel cases are quieter and less flexible than aluminum cases.

Do you prefer steel over...
Forum: Dell Computers January 31st 11, 07:59 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Dell Inspiron One 2305 all-in-one: Any owners out there?

Dave wrote:

have a much cheaper version (lenovo c300
nettop...a netbook with a screen and dvd drive).

Hey Dave,,,

How much did that C300 above cost you and where did...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 30th 11, 06:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
What "adult" case for low cost PC build?

Flasherly wrote:

I wouldn't ignore the non-adult case when it's a well-rated
namebrand. Running a "GameBoy" case for the longest time, all-
aluminum Antec, that was...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 29th 11, 06:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
What "adult" case for low cost PC build?

I am a cost conscious college student needing a good
QUALITY PC to hook up to my HDTV and use as a
entertainment center

I don't want to spend more than abt $300 on the PC
build.

I know I could buy...
Forum: Dell Computers December 25th 10, 01:13 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Dell Inspiron One 2305 all-in-one: Any owners out there?

"
wrote:

I would check on the issue of cooling for components packed so close
together. Larry

Good point Larry!

hadn't thought abt cooling...
Forum: Dell Computers December 24th 10, 06:55 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Dell Inspiron One 2305 all-in-one: Any owners out there?

Dave wrote:

I like the format. Mine can't be wall mounted,
I doubt the Lenova can be either as the stand (base)
IS the computer. On mine the computer is the BACK
of...
Forum: Dell Computers December 19th 10, 10:25 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Dell Inspiron One 2305 all-in-one: Any owners out there?

Dave wrote:

Here is the deal from techbargains.com

http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/235924?r1=1

Oh...I know, not a Dell.
Best wishes...
Dave
Forum: Dell Computers December 19th 10, 10:21 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Dell Inspiron One 2305 all-in-one: Any owners out there?

Dave wrote:

This is the one I would get...seems like a great

have you liked the form factor of your all in one?

Can you wall mount yours and the Dell too?

Is there...
Forum: Dell Computers December 19th 10, 05:58 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Dell Inspiron One 2305 all-in-one: Any owners out there?

Giving some thought to buy this all in one unit from
Dell

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-one-2305-amd/pd

Anyone out there own one and can answer a few
questions?
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 25th 10, 03:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Possible to build a solid college desktop for $400?

bbgruff wrote:

Have you considered the option of a small(-ish) laptop, possibly with a big-
ish HD, the CD/DVD writer that you want, and then simply plugging into it a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 25th 10, 03:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Possible to build a solid college desktop for $400?

Flasherly wrote:

So now you've been apprised and are "in the know". Welcome the the
lowest rung you can sink to as a PC hobbiest -- the "bottom surfer".

Ha! Funny...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500