Replies: 13
Posted By Norm X
nvraid error Win10

On 2016-07-11 4:21 AM, Paul wrote:
Norm X wrote:
On 2016-07-11 2:56 AM, Paul wrote:
[snippage]
This is an example of a typical command while
working with an HPA. You do one of these,...
Forum: General July 11th 16, 12:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Norm X
nvraid error Win10

On 2016-07-11 2:56 AM, Paul wrote:
[snippage]
This is an example of a typical command while
working with an HPA. You do one of these, then
reboot, as...
Forum: General July 11th 16, 11:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Norm X
nvraid error Win10

On 2016-07-11 2:56 AM, Paul wrote:
[snippage]
This is an example of a typical command while
working with an HPA. You do one of these, then
reboot, as you cannot issue a second HPA related
Forum: General July 11th 16, 01:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Norm X
nvraid error Win10

On 2016-07-10 10:52 AM, Paul wrote:
Norm X wrote:
I've encountered "nvraid error" in my (hopefully fixable) install of
Win10
ultimate on my desktop. Years ago I set up a 3 drive RAID 0...
Forum: General July 10th 16, 04:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Norm X
nvraid error Win10

On 2016-07-06 1:11 AM, Paul wrote:
Norm X wrote:
Hi,

I've encountered "nvraid error" in my (hopefully fixable) install of
Win10 ultimate on my desktop. Years ago I set up a 3 drive RAID...
Forum: General July 10th 16, 04:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Norm X
nvraid error Win10

I've encountered "nvraid error" in my (hopefully fixable) install of Win10
ultimate on my desktop. Years ago I set up a 3 drive RAID 0 storage array
with three partitions.. Fortunately, I can...
Forum: General April 29th 16, 01:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-xp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Norm X
Multi boot under WinXP-32

Hi,

I'm setting up software on a 32-bit netbook that I restored. The new drive
is a 32GB internal SSD from SuperTalent. New installation is always
rewarding. I had an installation of Android_x86...
Forum: General December 28th 15, 04:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 9
Posted By Norm X
Poor quality copper in connectors of Acer Aspire E 15(E5-511-P6VU) ?

On 2015-12-27 7:26 PM, Char Jackson wrote:
On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 17:36:26 -0800, Norm X wrote:

After upgrading to cat6 Ethernet cable and Gigabit Ethernet switch, I am
Forum: General December 28th 15, 02:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10

On 2015-12-27 5:36 PM, Norm X wrote:
Hi,

This is Xposted.

After upgrading to cat6 Ethernet cable and Gigabit Ethernet switch, I am
still having problems with an Ethernet connection that...
Forum: General December 28th 15, 01:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 9
Posted By Norm X
Poor quality copper in connectors of Acer Aspire E 15 (E5-511-P6VU) ?

Hi,

This is Xposted.

After upgrading to cat6 Ethernet cable and Gigabit Ethernet switch, I am
still having problems with an Ethernet connection that craps out at 1.0
Gbps. Also at the same time,...
Forum: General December 26th 15, 04:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Norm X
Ethernet switch problem

On 2015-12-26 8:03 AM, John McGaw wrote:
On 12/26/2015 2:47 AM, Norm X wrote:
Hi Correspondents,

I've got an Acer desktop that I recently upgraded with a quad core Q6600.
Great. I...
Forum: General December 26th 15, 07:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Norm X
Ethernet switch problem

Hi Correspondents,

I've got an Acer desktop that I recently upgraded with a quad core
Q6600. Great. I recently purchased an Acer E15, also quad core. OK. For
a long time I have connected my PC...
Forum: General November 11th 15, 03:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Norm X
Flashing the BIOS

Hi,

I'd like to thank the activists here for all the help. Last year, I
tried to upgrade the my BIOS. Unbeknownst to me at the time, the 3V CMOS
battery was dead. I ran into all sorts of problems,...
Forum: General November 5th 15, 05:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Norm X
Memory question

Hi,

I have a new quadcore Acer Aspire E 15 that has upgraded itself to
Win10. I purchased it with 4 GB RAM installed. MS Task Manager says of
the Memory, Speed: 1333 MHz, Slots used: 1 of 2, Form...
Forum: General September 7th 15, 01:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.mobile.android
Replies: 17
Posted By Norm X
Android for my Acer Aspire One

On 2015-07-04 8:53 PM, Norm X wrote:
Hi,

This message is X-posted to alt.comp.hardware & comp.mobile.android.

My Acer Aspire One netbook no longer boots. In one case I blame
Microsoft. I...
Forum: General July 7th 15, 11:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware, comp.mobile.android

On 2015-07-05 1:18 PM, Frank Slootweg wrote:
Theo Markettos wrote:
Norm X wrote:
Readers comments on installing Android on my x86...
Forum: General July 5th 15, 04:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware, comp.mobile.android
Replies: 17
Posted By Norm X
Android for my Acer Aspire One

Hi,

This message is X-posted to alt.comp.hardware & comp.mobile.android.

My Acer Aspire One netbook no longer boots. In one case I blame
Microsoft. I used update on my Win7 partition and now, no...
Forum: General June 30th 15, 04:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Norm X
Nvidia C561 Video Card Problem

On 2015-06-29 6:48 AM, Paul wrote:

(Stupid newsreader decides to post on me...)

Here is a list of User Agents ordered by...
Forum: General May 12th 15, 04:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Norm X
Best thermal compound

On 08/05/2015 7:17 AM, VanguardLH wrote:

massive snippage

Thanks for the explanation. I had applied much too much thermal compound
which had oozed out into undesirable places. After cleanup and...
Forum: General May 8th 15, 06:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Norm X
Best thermal compound

On 07/05/2015 10:00 PM, Norm X wrote:
I had assumed that gold thermal compound was better than silver but I
may have been wrong. Wikipedia,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_grease
shows a...
Forum: General May 8th 15, 06:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Norm X
Best thermal compound

I had assumed that gold thermal compound was better than silver but I
may have been wrong. Wikipedia,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_grease
shows a table where silver is second best behind...
Forum: General May 8th 15, 03:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
Posted By Norm X
Dell Inspiron B130 Laptop is dead?

On 07/05/2015 2:17 AM, wrote:
I have a Dell Inspiron B130 that probably is not recoverable, but I
thought I would ask -

It will not power up at all. It has a new battery, and the...
Forum: General May 6th 15, 12:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By Norm X
Life expectancy of a CPU chip

"Stormin' Norman" wrote in message

On Mon, 4 May 2015 21:48:54 -0700, "Norm X" wrote:

I am convinced that one CPU core...
Forum: General May 5th 15, 09:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By Norm X
Life expectancy of a CPU chip

Hi,

I read that manufacturers only warrantee CPU chips for 3 years. I saw a
published chart that details CPU thermal death rates. I am looking for
software to help my decision making.

Before I get...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 110