Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bruce.
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 23rd 08, 02:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 14
Posted By Bruce.
Any new Asus boards that support ECC?

"Mike" wrote in message
I see the newer models don't support ECC memory. Are there any new Core 2
Asus boards that have...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 23rd 08, 02:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 18
Posted By Bruce.
How to diagnose a dead PS?

"mr deo" wrote in message
Been a long time since I used american sockets, all of the plugs you find...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 23rd 08, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 18
Posted By Bruce.
How to diagnose a dead PS?

"Bill" wrote in message
I usually start with the sniff test. If they smell like magic smoke
I toss them. After that...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 22nd 08, 11:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 18
Posted By Bruce.
How to diagnose a dead PS?

"William" wrote in message
In the good old days, I could open up a power supply and look around for
blown...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 22nd 08, 09:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 18
Posted By Bruce.
How to diagnose a dead PS?

"Clas Mehus" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:02:48 -0500, "Bruce."
You can start it with using...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 22nd 08, 09:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 18
Posted By Bruce.
How to diagnose a dead PS?

"RobV" wrote in message ...
The LED on the MB that is normally on, even when the PSU is turned off,
should be lit as long as the PSU is plugged...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 22nd 08, 02:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 18
Posted By Bruce.
How to diagnose a dead PS?

I have what I think is a dead power supply. There are no lights or any sign
of activity anymore. Normally there is a ASUS P5E MB LED on even when the
PS if off. No response to the power button...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 14th 07, 02:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Bruce.
Asus Audio, frequency equalizer?

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Download the motherboard user manual. You can get it here.

Forum: Asus Motherboards October 13th 07, 04:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Bruce.
Asus Audio, frequency equalizer?

I need more than simple bass/treble controls Windows offers. I need at
least a 5 band frequency equalizer.

Do Asus motherboards come with audio software that would give me that? For
example, the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 13th 07, 03:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By Bruce.
no internal ATA/IDE connectors any more

"Erich Seidenschmiedt" wrote in message
since my 4 years old PC has become defective, I'll probably have to get...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 7th 07, 10:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 31
Posted By Bruce.
For the numbnuts who told me to buy a PS2 splitter

"GMAN" wrote in message
All I said was that it works for my Asus Commando MB. I dont give a rats
ass
now that it doesnt...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 7th 07, 02:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 31
Posted By Bruce.
For the numbnuts who told me to buy a PS2 splitter

"GMAN" wrote in message
Quit calling all of us who tried to help idiots when it is you who doesnt
know
the answer to your...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 5th 07, 05:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 31
Posted By Bruce.
For the numbnuts who told me to buy a PS2 splitter

"Noddy" wrote in message
because it does not work!

I was wondering what happened with that. Thanks for posting back...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 16th 07, 02:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 35
Posted By Bruce.
Who else thinks P5K having only keyboard PS2 sucks?

"Gladiator" wrote in message
Email sent to Asus and hopefully they get back with an answer within
two days.

Thanks.

Bruce.
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 14th 07, 11:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 35
Posted By Bruce.
Who else thinks P5K having only keyboard PS2 sucks?

"Gladiator" wrote in message
I don't think that is going to help but will contact Asus and ask
them if it will work....
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 11th 07, 10:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 35
Posted By Bruce.
Who else thinks P5K having only keyboard PS2 sucks?

"Roger Hamlett" wrote in message
I have a couple of motherboards here, which have only one PS/2 connector,...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 10th 07, 01:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 0
Posted By Bruce.
Mestrong Memeory Test Program for P2B ?

"- Bob -" wrote in message
I'm thinking that it's a memory issue... and looking for a program to
do a robust test of...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 29th 07, 04:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 12
Posted By Bruce.
Power supply for P5B-E Plus

I looking at www.scan.co.uk

Ok, thanks. It's not available here in the US.

Bruce.
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 28th 07, 01:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 12
Posted By Bruce.
Power supply for P5B-E Plus

"Fishface" ? wrote in message
Bruce wrote:
Just curious. I've been trying to find a retailer that carries the
P5B-E Plus. Where are...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 27th 07, 04:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 12
Posted By Bruce.
Power supply for P5B-E Plus

"One 6699" wrote in message
I'm planning to build a new PC around P5B-E Plus motherboard and Intel
Core Duo E6600. Additional...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 17th 07, 02:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Bruce.
P5B-E Plus

"Bruce." wrote in message
While deciding on a motherboard, I found that the "P5B-E Plus" is on the
global ASUS web...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 14th 07, 11:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Bruce.
P5B-E Plus

While deciding on a motherboard, I found that the "P5B-E Plus" is on the
global ASUS web site but not the US web site. I searched for companies
selling it but couldn't find any.

Does anyone here...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 14th 07, 03:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 17
Posted By Bruce.
ASUS P5B

"Bruce." wrote in message
Well, after checking them all out, I think I've settled on the P5B-E Plus.
It appears to be...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 14th 07, 03:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 17
Posted By Bruce.
ASUS P5B

"Bruce Chastain" wrote in message
Of all the motherboards out there, I think the P5B is the one I want for
my next...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 13th 07, 11:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 17
Posted By Bruce.
ASUS P5B

"Peter van der Goes" wrote in message
Sorry about the bogus first link in my previous message. It should have
been:

Showing results 1 to 25 of 26