Showing results 1 to 25 of 120
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mike
Forum: Printers August 19th 12, 03:04 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 75
Posted By mike
What color laser printer is easily & cheaply refilled at homefrom non OEM toner?

On 8/18/2012 6:43 PM, J.G. wrote:

But, the comparison starts with scoping out a color printer
that can be refilled.

Are these the specs so far?
1. Photo quality color laser printer
2....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 23rd 11, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 50
Posted By mike
New harddisks don't boot when old harddisks are disconnected.

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

I have discovered a very serious issue with my DreamPC from 2006
(updated along the years because of hardware failures) for which I will
seek help.

Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 12th 11, 06:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.nl.electronica.zelfbouw,nl.wetenschap,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 15
Posted By mike
Weird things happen with electricity through air.

brent wrote:
On Sep 7, 10:20 pm, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:
Hello,

Here some suggestions for further research:

1. One metal pin in the power wall...
Forum: General July 24th 11, 11:22 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 45
Posted By mike
How to attach leads straight to battery?

micky wrote:
It seems my IBM Thinkpad's CMOS battery has died, and it's know that
it won't boot wihtout it.

I don't have time to wait for a new one by mail, plus I have some
CR2032's in...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 16th 11, 12:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.nl.electronica.zelfbouw,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 47
Posted By mike
Grounding and lightning.

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

Hopefully this will be my last question to "research" and determine if I
want to ground my hardware.

What happens if lightning strikes near the ground wire...
Forum: General May 3rd 11, 05:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 13
Posted By mike
fast home NAS

tg wrote:

"mike" wrote in message
tg wrote:

Why not just put the usb drives on one of the computers and share 'em on
Forum: General May 3rd 11, 02:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 13
Posted By mike
fast home NAS

tg wrote:

"mike" wrote in message
tg wrote:
I'm currently using a Linksys NSLU2 for home networking/storage but not
too...
Forum: General May 2nd 11, 07:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 13
Posted By mike
fast home NAS

tg wrote:
I'm currently using a Linksys NSLU2 for home networking/storage but not
too happy with its speed. I have a couple of usb hard drives plugged
into it
and 5.5Mb/sec seems to be the...
Forum: General April 28th 11, 07:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By mike
new desktop availble with ssd drive installed as boot drive?

Paul wrote:
wrote:
Would anyone know of Desktop computer currently being marketed that
has a ssd hard drive installed that would be used as the boot
drive.? I know...
Forum: General April 22nd 11, 11:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By mike
ze5170: would 7200rpm drive be noticeable faster?

mscir wrote:
I have an old ZE5170 that runs great. I bumped up the RAM from 512kb to
1MB - the max it can handle - and it's now fast enough to work well with
the latest FF and Chrome...
Forum: General April 20th 11, 04:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By mike
Power Saver device

Corvet wrote:
Can this 18KW Power Energy saver useful for energy saving? (for desktop
PC, 250W power supply)
http://eecrest.com/enjoy24hours/278-1.jpg
Forum: General April 8th 11, 02:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By mike
Using UPS without data cable and software

VanguardLH wrote:
snip

Also, while the user said the computer is attended, you know that's not
true.
Methinks you just want to argue.

What YOU know is not true is irrelevant.
The OP asked a...
Forum: General April 7th 11, 12:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By mike
Using UPS without data cable and software

VanguardLH wrote:
mike wrote:

certs.lbl.gov/pdf/55718.pdf

"if the power is out for more than a few seconds, it's likely
to be out longer than even the best ups can handle."

So...
Forum: General April 7th 11, 07:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By mike
Using UPS without data cable and software

VanguardLH wrote:
mike wrote:

certs.lbl.gov/pdf/55718.pdf
Forum: General April 7th 11, 06:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By mike
Using UPS without data cable and software

VanguardLH wrote:
mike wrote:

C.M. Burns wrote:

Subject: Using UPS without data cable and software System: Acer
Aspire M3400 desktop w/ Windows 7

I just bought an APC UPS...
Forum: General April 7th 11, 02:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By mike
Using UPS without data cable and software

C.M. Burns wrote:
Subject: Using UPS without data cable and software
System: Acer Aspire M3400 desktop w/ Windows 7

I just bought an APC UPS (ES 550), and was wondering
about the...
Forum: General April 7th 11, 02:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By mike
How to create bootable USB external hard drive?

C.M. Burns wrote:
Subject: How to create bootable USB external hard drive?
System: Acer Aspire M3400 desktop w/ Windows 7

My Acer desktop PC has an internal 640GB hard drive;
and I have a...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 30th 11, 02:14 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By mike
Disk 1 did not pass SMART self-assessment test

Rod Speed wrote:
alo wrote

Disk 1 did not pass SMART self-assessment test...

Fark, it actually failed it dismally.

"Reallocated sector count has increased in the last day.
Disk ...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 30th 11, 02:04 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 7
Posted By mike
playing Zip 100 carts in a ZIP 250 USB

myfathersson wrote:
Sorry for posting on such an old topic but i just came across a load
of old backup ZIP 100 carts and need to get the data off them.

I found in a local market a USB Zip...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 28th 11, 08:25 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 7
Posted By mike
operating systems on different drives

jschultznorth wrote:
Hi all. My computer originally came with one 500gb hd(drive C) with the
39 mb dell utlities drive. (dell inspiron) and xp pro32 bit. I added a
2nd 500 gb hd and put windows...
Forum: General March 20th 11, 11:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By mike
Faking a PWM fan

Keve Nagy wrote:
So you are relying solely on the presence and working of the PSU fan?

No. I didn't explain this well enough. My mistake.
There is a fan inside the PSU.
And there is...
Forum: General March 20th 11, 07:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By mike
Faking a PWM fan

Keve Nagy wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I need your help with a hardware electronics question.
There is a standard PWM 4-pin male connector socket on my motherboard
for case fan. I replaced the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 13th 11, 12:31 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By mike
Restoring from Macrium Reflect

Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 11-03-11 12:36 PM, mike wrote:
Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 11-03-09 10:13 AM, mike wrote:
My solution to the problem was to prevent win7 from
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 11th 11, 06:36 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By mike
Restoring from Macrium Reflect

Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 11-03-09 10:13 AM, mike wrote:
I'm way out of my element, but rod will step in and tell me that I'm
totally wrong...In the process you'll get an alternative look at...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 9th 11, 04:13 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By mike
Restoring from Macrium Reflect

Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 11-03-07 02:15 PM, mike wrote:
I had a similar problem with a dual boot system.
If you installed linux after windows, grub probably took over.
When you restored...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 120