Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Forum: Compaq Computers January 11th 07, 06:03 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Buggy Presario

Don't need the modem using wireless. None of the descriptions for these
various firmware upgrades state anything about the problems I've
mentioned in the OP. So why does everyone seem to think...
Forum: Compaq Computers January 11th 07, 05:21 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Buggy Presario

henry wrote:
"Bob" wrote in news:HLzoh.2269$Br.868@trndny08:

Done right all these updates will fix your problems. BTW even though
Compaq and the manual says 80mb is...
Forum: Compaq Computers January 8th 07, 07:44 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Buggy Presario

henry wrote:
Any help with these bugs, either causes or solutions?

1610 Presario 80mb ram.

system freezes requiring hard reboot when touchpad cursor is moved at same
time as keystroke....
Forum: Compaq Computers November 7th 06, 02:14 AM Posted to microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Compaq Laptop won't boot to CD.

Your hard drive is dead. Although you can try reseating it. My money's
on dead. Your CDROM probably died some time ago, or your CD media...
Forum: Compaq Computers November 6th 06, 08:55 AM Posted to microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Compaq Laptop won't boot to CD.

My Compaq Laptop with a one bay floppydrive/cdrom, one day, will not
boot up to windows 2000 Pro. It will not boot up to the install CD...
Forum: Gateway Computers November 2nd 06, 04:01 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Dvd Decoder Driver for P2 Gateway Solo?

BillW50 wrote:
wrote in message

I'm looking for a win2k driver for the C-Cube DVD decoder in a Pentium
2...
Forum: Gateway Computers November 1st 06, 06:47 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Dvd Decoder Driver for P2 Gateway Solo?

I'm looking for a win2k driver for the C-Cube DVD decoder in a Pentium
2 gateway solo (i forget the number, but can get it tomorrow).
Gateway's site has only drivers for 9x and NT4, and not for the...
Forum: Gateway Computers October 22nd 06, 11:51 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
gateway 2000

On Oct 21, 5:44 pm, (GIRunit) wrote:
i got an old gateway 2000 with stock mobo. it had an old pentium 133
in it, and im getting a 233mmx. can it support this chip? im worried
Forum: General September 11th 06, 06:50 AM Posted to intel.microprocessors.celeron,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
type of RAM

onetitfemme wrote:
OK, I have more info about it. Box is a 2001:
.
VAIO Personal Computer PCV-7733/Celeron 1.2GHz

Forum: General September 11th 06, 03:22 AM Posted to intel.microprocessors.celeron,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
type of RAM

onetitfemme wrote:
OK, I have more info about it. Box is a 2001:
.
VAIO Personal Computer PCV-7733/Celeron 1.2GHz
.
Forum: Gateway Computers July 24th 06, 05:50 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Cleaning all data of off a hard drive

Leigh wrote:
wrote in message

Leigh wrote:
"Muddle" wrote in message
Forum: Gateway Computers July 23rd 06, 05:08 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Gateway500 factory Settings

Hicksey wrote:
A total format will lose to much stuff so I will try the malware progs
first. It wont connect to internet so I will get them on disc to try.
Hicksey

Hmmm. You might want to...
Forum: Gateway Computers July 23rd 06, 05:00 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Please Help!!!

donovan92y wrote:
Ok, I don't normally do this stuff, because people never answer me, but
this is SERIOUS! I have a Maxtor 180GB external HDD. It won't power
up with the power source anymore....
Forum: Gateway Computers July 23rd 06, 04:52 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Cleaning all data of off a hard drive

Leigh wrote:
"Muddle" wrote in message

"Leigh" wrote in message
Forum: Gateway Computers July 23rd 06, 04:48 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Cleaning all data of off a hard drive

Leigh wrote:
Greetings,

I have a Gateway Solo 5300 CL. The hard drive is a Toshiba MK6015MA 4GB. I
have looked on the Toshiba website for a tool or software that I can
download that I can...
Forum: Gateway Computers July 23rd 06, 04:46 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000

Leigh wrote:
Greetings,

I have a Gateway Solo 5300 CL. The hard drive is a Toshiba MK6015MA 4GB. I
have looked on the Toshiba website for a tool or software that I can
download that I can...
Forum: Gateway Computers July 23rd 06, 03:56 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
T2865 EMAchine Starts by itself

Ben Myers wrote:
Also, MicroStar motherboards have been prone to capacitor failure. IBM used
MicroStar boards, and had a lot of Pentium 3 motherboard failures.

ECS is one of the many...

Ben Myers wrote:
Also, MicroStar motherboards have been prone to capacitor failure. IBM used
MicroStar boards, and had a lot of Pentium 3 motherboard failures.

ECS is one of the many...
Forum: Gateway Computers July 22nd 06, 03:00 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
T2865 EMAchine Starts by itself

Postman delivers wrote:
submitted this idea :
Larrybelk wrote:
I have a T2865 Emachine that I moved from one location to another.
When I plug in the power cord it...
Forum: Gateway Computers July 17th 06, 11:22 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000

Larrybelk wrote:
I have a T2865 Emachine that I moved from one location to another.
When I plug in the power cord it starts without me pushing the start
button. And nothing comes up on the...
Forum: Gateway Computers July 16th 06, 09:42 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Old Gateway not starting

dellboy wrote:
Hi Group

I have an older gateway 2000 solo,

Its used mainly by the daughter, just recently it stopped starting up, I
thought it was the PSU but the battery still holds...
Forum: Gateway Computers July 16th 06, 09:36 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000