Replies: 11
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
ASROCK problem

On 2013-11-08 1:06 PM, Paul wrote:
Rhino wrote:
On 2013-11-02 5:20 PM, Paul wrote:
Rhino wrote:

Darn. I was hoping it was something as simple as a bad cable. This
sounds...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 8th 13, 04:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
ASROCK problem

On 2013-11-02 5:20 PM, Paul wrote:
Rhino wrote:

Darn. I was hoping it was something as simple as a bad cable. This
sounds like it is going to be expensive to diagnose and fix and...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 4th 13, 02:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
ASROCK problem

On 2013-11-02 5:20 PM, Paul wrote:
Rhino wrote:

Darn. I was hoping it was something as simple as a bad cable. This
sounds like it is going to be expensive to diagnose and fix and...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 2nd 13, 07:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
ASROCK problem

On 2013-10-31 8:36 PM, Paul wrote:
Rhino wrote:
I'm having trouble getting my desktop computer to boot up today.

I'd left it on...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 1st 13, 06:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
ASROCK problem

On 2013-10-31 8:36 PM, Paul wrote:
Rhino wrote:
I'm having trouble getting my desktop computer to boot up today.

I'd left it on continuously for two or three days and finally shut it
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 31st 13, 07:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
ASROCK problem

I'm having trouble getting my desktop computer to boot up today.

I'd left it on continuously for two or three days and finally shut it
down when I went to bed last night. When I tried to boot it up...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 3rd 13, 09:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
ASRock Questions?

On 2013-09-20 8:54 PM, Paul wrote:
Rhino wrote:
Can anyone suggest a good place to ask questions about an ASRock
motherboard? I don't see an ASRock newsgroup.

I've got problems booting...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 20th 13, 10:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
ASRock Questions?

Can anyone suggest a good place to ask questions about an ASRock
motherboard? I don't see an ASRock newsgroup.

I've got problems booting up my desktop. Initially, I thought I had some
kind of USB...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 29th 13, 12:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 80
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Help! Major Memory Installation Issue

On 2013-05-25 12:50 PM, Paul...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 27th 13, 05:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 80
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Help! Major Memory Installation Issue

[snip to avoid NNTP errors for too many quoted lines]

Let's start with some good news!!

I made the ISO image and burned the image to CD with Nero. The image
was made in just seconds...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 27th 13, 12:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On 2013-05-25 10:42, Paul...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 26th 13, 06:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On 2013-05-24 19:54, Paul...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 26th 13, 02:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 9
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Accessing BIOS in ASUS K55N laptop

On 2013-05-25 20:55, Paul wrote:
Rhino wrote:

I've also tried F1, F10, Esc, Del and a few other things, all of which
I was...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 26th 13, 04:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On 2013-05-25 20:55, Paul wrote:
Rhino wrote:

I've also tried F1, F10, Esc, Del and a few other things, all of which
I was assured would (or should) work but NADA. That pesky BIOS...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 26th 13, 01:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On 2013-05-25 7:26 PM, Paul wrote:
Rhino wrote:
Does anyone know how to access the BIOS in a new ASUS K55N laptop
running Windows 8?

Most of the articles I've found say it should come...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 25th 13, 11:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 9
Posted By Rhino[_3_]
Accessing BIOS in ASUS K55N laptop

Does anyone know how to access the BIOS in a new ASUS K55N laptop
running Windows 8?

Most of the articles I've found say it should come up when you hit F2
upon seeing the ASUS logo but it's not...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 25th 13, 06:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On 2013-05-24 19:54, Paul wrote:
Rhino wrote:

[snip to prevent NNTP errors]
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 25th 13, 06:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On 2013-05-24 19:54, Paul wrote:
Rhino wrote:

[snip to avoid NNTP message about...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 25th 13, 05:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On 2013-05-24 19:54, Paul wrote:
Rhino wrote:

Could my problem REALLY be resolved by simply powering the computer
off (ALL...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 25th 13, 04:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On 2013-05-24 19:54, Paul wrote:
Rhino wrote:

Could my problem REALLY be resolved by simply powering the computer
off (ALL...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 25th 13, 03:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On 2013-05-24 19:54, Paul wrote:
Rhino wrote:

Could my problem REALLY be resolved by simply powering the computer
off (ALL the way off this time!) and swapping the SATA connectors
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 25th 13, 03:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On 2013-05-24 19:54, Paul wrote:

Could you fire up PTEDIT32 again, and
list *all* the disk entries.

I tried launching PTEDIT32 again...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 25th 13, 01:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On 2013-05-24 19:54, Paul wrote:
Rhino wrote:

Could my problem REALLY be resolved by simply powering the computer
off (ALL the way off this time!) and swapping the SATA connectors
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 24th 13, 11:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On 2013-05-24 01:38, Paul wrote:
Rhino wrote:

I hadn't looked at the disk-available/disk-used numbers in a few
months and don't remember them clearly in any case. I know the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 24th 13, 11:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On 2013-05-23 21:34, Paul wrote:
Paul wrote:
Rhino wrote:

slight snip

I hadn't looked at the disk-available/disk-used numbers in a few
months and don't remember them clearly...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 105