Showing results 1 to 25 of 130
Search took 1.83 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Phil Weldon[_2_]
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 14th 09, 06:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
Noisy N9600GT videocard

'Eric P.' wrote:
Thank you for the comment and advise.

Apart from starting up etc I clone (HDCLONE started from a flop) the whole
hard disk to other hard disks of the same type at regular...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 14th 09, 02:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
Noisy N9600GT videocard

'Eric P.' wrote:
The cooling fan of the MSI N9600GT PCI Express 16x graphics card 512MB
Bios 62.94.3C.00.00 on a computer with an MSI P45 Neo3-FR MS-7514 Bios 1.9
PCB 1.0 4GB RAM and Intel...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 8th 09, 10:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
video format conversion

'Hactar' wrote, in part:
Why two?
..
Indeed. By that nature, it shows the capabilities of the hardware
alone.
..
Yes, got one. Radio Shack and the local computer store each sell one
also....
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 8th 09, 04:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
video format conversion

'Hactar' wrote, in part:
First, is it possible to convert 4-pin S-video to either component or
7-pin S-video?[1] I see adapters from 7-pin S-video to component all over
the place, and I have...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 8th 09, 12:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
Video Audio editing

'Tom E' wrote:
1. AVI files......and spend as least as possible.
2. Background noise being occasional wind (from the atmosphere not
people), spectators and me laughing.
_____

The additional...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 7th 09, 02:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
Video Audio editing

'Tom E' wrote:
I did a 15 minute video on my Fuji Digital camera and want to edit the
file.

Any recommendations for software to,

1. Lighten or enhance video picture.
2. Remove unwanted...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 1st 09, 12:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
Almost every Game Crash with Geforce GTX 260...

'Rudolf Kemnitz' wrote, in part:
HI...

The Problem that I have is, that I got past different times an Blue
Screen.
Almost every Game Crash past an different time...
But an check of all...
Forum: Overclocking June 20th 09, 12:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 6
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
Has ATT Usenet gone away?

I recently changed from EarthLink (nee Mindspring) after more than 15 years.
Though as an ATT subscriber I've received no direct notice that ATT has
discontinued Usenet service, there have been...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 11th 09, 05:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
A good cheap system?

'cyg' wrote:
This is a fairly ignorant attitude. For starters:
http://arstechnica.com/old/content/2007/01/8690.ars
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Genuine_Advantage#Criticisms

You can...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 10th 09, 05:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
A good cheap system?

" wrote, in part:
Yeah, one IDE port would do. Are people still overclocking? I've OCed like
5 AMD systems easily. I always end up with pirated OSes even when I own
it. Even...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 15th 09, 04:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
nVidia the new GM?

'rms' wrote:
What will you do in the meantime for non-photorealistic 3D software,
made to run on intermediate hardware?
_____

Visual and photographic astronomy. The equipment is more...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 13th 09, 10:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
nVidia the new GM?

'First of One' wrote:
Took me two attempts before I completely understood the last paragraph:

"The existence of the 9800 GT OC is a bit of a mystery, however. Its
specifications are similar...
Forum: Overclocking March 13th 09, 10:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 3
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
E6400 overclocks.

'Dumbo wrote, in part:
Where is the logic? I had almost given up hope with the Asus board yet
now it surprises me. How fickle PCs are.

Just me having a rant. Sorry.
_____

What 'Fishface'...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 7th 09, 01:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 19
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
Shortened 9800GT "Green Edition"

doesn't that word GOTTEN rub you up the wrong way...........
_____

I guess it just depends on whether you expect British English or American
English (for which "have gotten" = "have...
Forum: Overclocking January 31st 09, 04:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 8
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
Det Dram error.

'Dumbo' wrote:
I did have the old trick of shorting the green pin to an earth and both PSU
were running. I even checked all the cable ends with a voltmeter. 12.26v
and 5.1v on all Molex...
Forum: Overclocking January 15th 09, 10:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 8
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
P4, overclocking with Nvidea Gpu

'Rene Lamontagne' wrote:

Yes , AGP/PCI are locked at 66/33,

The PSU is an Enermax EG465P with 20 amps on the 12 volt rail, 44 amps on
the 5 volt and 38 amps on the 3.3volt rail,

I have...
Forum: Overclocking January 9th 09, 02:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 12
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
Which temp are right.

'Dumbo' wrote, in part:
... I just want to know which one is most accurate so I can do a bit of
overclocking without the worry of burning anything out.
_____

It isn't possible to "burn anything...
Forum: Overclocking January 7th 09, 09:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 12
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
Which temp are right.

'Ed Medlin' wrote:
On the new i7 (Nehalem) processors, I am not sure about a few things in
regard to temperatures. The tjmax is 100C. That is about where the
processor begins to throttle...
Forum: Overclocking January 7th 09, 02:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 12
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
Which temp are right.

'Dumbo' wrote:
Has anyone got a sure way of monitoring the CPU temperature accurately.
When idle in BIOS my CPU displays as 45C but `Core Temp` shows it as 50C
and real temp as 36C. SANDRA...
Forum: Overclocking December 11th 08, 02:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.electronics
Replies: 7
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
Non-deterministic CPU's.

'Howard' wrote:
Can you fillin a blank please? What's the application?
_____

Gedanenexperiment

Phil Weldon

"Howard" wrote in message...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 28th 08, 06:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
Need Video Card Recommendation

'Peter' wrote:
I'm about to build a new PC and I need recommendations on a video card.
These are my applications and requirements:

I do a lot of photo editing and a lot of video editing. I...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 9th 08, 07:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
Poster blocking with Windows Mail

I am sure that nearly everyone using this Usenet newsgroup makes use of
poster blocking. I am having a problem with that function for the
newsreader in Windows Mail. I attempted to block a...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 9th 08, 07:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
Rambus Wants To Stop NVIDIA Products From Selling In US

'Eloi Chiasson' wrote:
Serious threat to nVidia products sold in US . Rambus filed a patent
infringement suit against NVIDIA in July 2008 on products that incorporate
DDR, DDR2, DDR3, LPDDR,...
Forum: Overclocking November 9th 08, 06:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 4
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
Memory Question ?

'cadetp' wrote:
I have the following memory sticks currently in my computer

Corsair 2GB DDRF2 800MHz/PC2 6400 XMS2 NON ESS Ubuffered CL5

I also have 2 empty slots. The question is - Can I...
Forum: Overclocking November 9th 08, 06:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 9
Posted By Phil Weldon[_2_]
Intel Burn is the Best OC Test SW!

'Kent_Diego' wrote:
I just tried Intel Burn and wow. In just 5 minutes I found that my system
had many CPU errors. I ran tests like Memtest86 and Prime95 for hours and
they did not find any...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 130