Showing results 1 to 25 of 233
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Richard Steinfeld[_2_]
Forum: Printers December 26th 09, 10:42 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Information wanted: Oki color LED printers

A friend needs a new printer to replace his Epson inkjet. His
particular Epson has been troublesome and Epson's support hasn't
been helpful. He needs color. He goes through 20 reams per year!

My...
Forum: Printers December 6th 09, 09:12 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Problem with Atlantic Inkjet?

I bought a color kit for my HP #78 cartridges. The ink appeared
to have been a good value, but I've had trouble with it and a few
cartridges. I haven't figured out what the problem was. I'm...
Forum: Printers November 27th 09, 11:32 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 18
Which Inkjet Paper for Picture Book?

Art, I also understand that pigments deliver better image
permanence than dyes do. And that dyes are more forgiving about
print head clogging.

I realize that I've written generalizations, but I'd...
Forum: Printers November 24th 09, 11:00 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Printers with external print heads?

Arthur Entlich wrote:

Just for accuracy, that half-assed printer driver you think MS made...
it was actually made by HP to provided to MS, who at best, tested it to
make sure it didn't break...
Forum: Printers October 19th 09, 08:02 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Business card printing w/ Bother DCP-585CW

Fred McKenzie wrote:
In article
,
Christopher wrote:

Have a Brother DCP-585CW printer...
Forum: Printers September 24th 09, 02:17 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Pathetic HP corporate BS.

bcas wrote:
I just replaced a couple ink cartridges with brand news ones that
purchased today.

Printer's clock correctly says it is: Wednesday, 2009-09-23

But, for the brand-new...
Forum: Printers September 11th 09, 05:39 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 31
Laser printer and a drum?

Arthur Entlich wrote:
How long the drums last is very much dependent on how will they are
manufactured. Some, especially older ones, were very durable and could
survive dozens of toner...
Forum: Printers September 11th 09, 05:25 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 31
Laser printer and a drum?

After some thought, I've realized that inkjet printing is
incredibly complicated and sophisticated. Laser printers don't
have to fine-tune for such things as ink drying time and paper type.

I'm...
Forum: Printers September 11th 09, 05:09 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Atlantic Inknet

Don Phillipson wrote:

Atlantic coloured inks for Epson were OK for me
(two sets, not repeated since Atlantic discontinued
that cartridge.)

Sorry; out of respect, I should have also used...
Forum: Printers September 11th 09, 05:04 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Refilling HP 45 and 78

Fritz Wuehler wrote:
Out of curiosity I once took apart the black 45 cartridge
All of sudden the thing starts blowing up like it's inflating or something.
And then I look at my hands and...
Forum: Printers September 8th 09, 08:46 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Atlantic Inknet

I'm interested in any feedback about the quality of Atlantic's
ink, especially for HP inkjets (#45 and 78).

TIA

Richard
Forum: Printers September 4th 09, 08:01 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Refilling HP 45 and 78

justme wrote:
I normally use inktec for my refills but now just get their bulk ink

Where do you buy their ink in bulk. The place where I bought
their kits only sells the kits; no...
Forum: Printers August 20th 09, 03:20 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Refilling HP 45 and 78

I'd like suggestions for good refill supplies (especially ink)
for these cartridges. Of course, I'll share my own experiences.

My Standards: I'm doing everyday printing with three different HP...
Forum: Printers July 1st 09, 10:29 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
HP nightmare?

Sebastian, let me recommend, also, that you go over to the freeware
newsgroup and check up on the Comodo firewall. Ask your question there
also just to see if anyone else has had a similar problem...
Forum: Printers July 1st 09, 10:16 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 15
HP IIIP Paper pickup problem

Arthur Entlich wrote:
Fanning paper which has been packaged or stacked for long periods is
good advice.

The paper is pressed tightly together during packaging and storage, as
it usually...
Forum: Printers June 28th 09, 04:48 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 15
HP IIIP Paper pickup problem

Do you fan your paper before putting it into the paper tray?
I learned to always do this when I worked in a print shop.

I think that Arthur's advice is excellent, but in addition, why not try
this...
Forum: Printers June 11th 09, 01:46 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 7
Prolem With Hp Printe HEad

Ignore the Full-Time Resident Mease**** Troll wrote:

See this site for a fool-proof way to fill HP cartridges. The upside-down
method works every time.

http://home.arcor.de/jackspage/
Forum: Printers June 6th 09, 07:04 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Message for Tony (and other gmail posters)

Hey, Tony,

I appreciate your contributions here very much. However, I can't see
them because I've blocked gmail altogether.

The reason is important. gmail is a newsgroup scourge: it's probably the...
Forum: Printers May 23rd 09, 03:42 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Spammers here

Regarding the current spam factory that's almost impossible to filter
(the one who'se still working on the "As"); I've learned (in another
usenet group) that his service is aware and will end it....
Forum: Printers May 23rd 09, 03:39 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 0
Spammers

I've decided to block all posts from gmail accounts due to its wild west
for spammers. If you want me to read your posts, please get yourself a
different free webmail service.

Also, regarding...
Forum: Printers May 20th 09, 04:20 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 22
Reliable consumer level colour duplex printers.

I like Oki's laserless laser engine principle. Once they got the bugs
out of their first disastrous "environmentally friendly" products, the
machines have been satisfactory (in my experience):...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 25th 08, 09:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
[UPDATE] SpeedFan 4.34

Franklin wrote:
Component or case fan, one with sleeve bearings sound ok to start with
then get progressively a lot noisier. And I just won't believe all
your fans were Pabst or...
Forum: General April 25th 08, 09:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
[UPDATE] SpeedFan 4.34

Franklin wrote:
Component or case fan, one with sleeve bearings sound ok to start with
then get progressively a lot noisier. And I just won't believe all
your fans were Pabst or...
Forum: Printers April 11th 08, 07:52 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,misc.consumers
Replies: 11
HP C5280 can't print photos properly, HP can't fix, any suggestions?

Bob Headrick wrote:

You say you have cleaned the cartridges - I presume you did this from
the control panel or computer toolbox? If so you might try cleaning the
cartridge contacts as...
Forum: Printers April 8th 08, 09:42 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 45
Sorry, Gman

My apologies.
It appeared that you were responding directly to me due to my filter.

Richard
Showing results 1 to 25 of 233