Showing results 1 to 25 of 318
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ~misfit~[_3_]
Forum: General November 10th 08, 11:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
flashdrive f#$ked up, store security gate?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "randall_o" typed:
On Nov 8, 3:40 pm, Sjouke Burry
Magnetic field? No way, any magnetic field strong enough to
Forum: Overclocking November 10th 08, 07:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 8
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
Overclocking newb on the block

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Bill" typed:
In article ,
Somewhere on teh intarwebs "RobV" typed:
Augustus wrote:
"Industrial One"...
Forum: Overclocking November 8th 08, 07:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 8
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
Overclocking newb on the block

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "RobV" typed:
Augustus wrote:
"Industrial One" wrote in message
Forum: Overclocking November 6th 08, 03:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 1
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
Overclocking just got better..

http://www.tomshardware.com/picturestory/471-5-nehalem-x58-motherboard.html

"This is the OC Palm tool, which ASUS includes with the P6T Deluxe. It
attaches via USB 2.0 and facilitates real-time...
Forum: Overclocking November 5th 08, 10:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 4
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
Early i7 OC news..

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclocking-core-i7,2063.html

"Our Core i7 920 sample is stable at 3.8 GHz and with a bit more tweaking
would likely stabilize at 4 GHz as well. We didn't...
Forum: General November 3rd 08, 12:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
Which CPU/Mainboard, of these two old systems?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Grinder" typed:
Calab wrote:
I've got a friend who's computer is quite old - still running Windows
98. She's just recieved a computer for free and I'm trying to...
Forum: General October 30th 08, 11:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 22
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
Unallocatted Harddrive

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "kony" typed:
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 23:12:23 +1300, "~misfit~"
wrote:

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "kony" typed:
On Mon, 27 Oct 2008...
Forum: General October 29th 08, 12:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
Speedfan Tip

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "GT" typed:
"~misfit~" wrote in message
Somewhere on teh intarwebs "GT" typed:
"~misfit~"...
Forum: General October 29th 08, 12:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
faulty capasitors

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Maggy" typed:
Don't be so quick to criticize Shaun. Poor quality mobo's (cheap)
often react badly to humidity.
I've seen the results and believe me, (or not) the...
Forum: General October 28th 08, 11:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 22
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
Unallocatted Harddrive

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "kony" typed:
On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 23:09:52 GMT, "Maggy"
wrote:

"philo" wrote in message
Forum: General October 28th 08, 06:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
faulty capasitors

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Maggy" typed:
Open up the case and look with a flashlight. Bad capacitors will be
discolored on top. Usually due to air moisture.

Once upon a time all advice given...
Forum: General October 28th 08, 06:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
Speedfan Tip

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "GT" typed:
"~misfit~" wrote in message
"GT" wrote:

A tip...
Forum: General October 26th 08, 12:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
Speedfan Tip

"GT" wrote:

A tip for everyone using Speedfan. On the main ("Readings") tab, you
can press configure to see the details of where all the measurements
Forum: General October 21st 08, 08:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
sata dvd

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Ian D" typed:
"Rudy" wrote in message
HI I bought a Sata DVD for my new system. I...
Forum: General October 21st 08, 08:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
External network hard drive with Ethernet connection

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "olegb" typed:
Hi All , i want to buy External network hard drive with Ethernet
connection , cause my router has only ethernet ports . Can some one
reccomened to my ?...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 1st 08, 01:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
Random single beeps from motherboard while running Windows

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "RobV" typed:
cookiebun wrote:
In article , says...
cookiebun wrote:
snip
[snip]

The BIOS ID is right in...
Forum: General October 1st 08, 01:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
Random single beeps from motherboard while running Windows

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "RobV" typed:
cookiebun wrote:
In article , says...
cookiebun wrote:
snip
[snip]

The BIOS ID is right in...
Forum: General October 1st 08, 12:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
Can RAID Controllers act as non RAID controllers?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Gerard Bok" typed:
On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 09:52:27 -0500, "Peter Olcott"
wrote:

"~misfit~" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 1st 08, 12:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
Can RAID Controllers act as non RAID controllers?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Gerard Bok" typed:
On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 09:52:27 -0500, "Peter Olcott"
wrote:

"~misfit~" wrote in message
Forum: General September 27th 08, 10:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 18
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
P4 replacement

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "~misfit~" typed:
Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Paul" typed:
Ken Maltby wrote:
"seth1066" wrote in message
Forum: General September 27th 08, 10:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 18
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
P4 replacement

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Paul" typed:
Ken Maltby wrote:
"seth1066" wrote in message

Forum: General September 27th 08, 10:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 18
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
P4 replacement

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "seth1066" typed:
Built a P4 several years ago and was thinking about building a
replacment or backup unit. What is equivalent in todays Intel and AMD
processor that...
Forum: General September 27th 08, 09:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
old computer

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "kony" typed:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 15:41:46 +0200, "Haris Bogdanovic"
wrote:

I forgot to tell that this computer is not for me, I'm really...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 27th 08, 06:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By ~misfit~[_3_]
Can RAID Controllers act as non RAID controllers?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "kony" typed:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 06:29:18 -0500, "Peter Olcott"
wrote:

A single-drive span is one that only has one member in it,
is...
Forum: General September 27th 08, 06:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt