Showing results 1 to 25 of 303
Search took 3.40 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Don Phillipson[_4_]
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 10th 17, 07:56 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 25
installing HD

"Linea Recta" wrote in message

. . . I don't want a bigger Windows boot partition because I want to
keep the Macrium images in...
Forum: Printers January 14th 16, 04:35 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
What extension for a print to file?

On 01/14/2016 08:35 AM, Micky wrote:

I'm not able to print to my newly installed Brother black and white
laser printer so I printed to a file instead. From Firefox.

It asks what the name of...
Forum: General January 14th 16, 04:35 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
What extension for a print to file?

On 01/14/2016 08:35 AM, Micky wrote:

I'm not able to print to my newly installed Brother black and white
laser printer so I printed to a file instead. From Firefox.

It asks what the name of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 3rd 13, 08:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Why does Microsoft want to be hated?

"Davej" wrote in message

It is clearly a corporate strategy. By why?

Because (in some markets) being loved or...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 25th 13, 05:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
[Update] Intel G33 motherboard's AHCI not detecting hard disks

"Mr. Man-wai Chang" wrote in message

Original thread:
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 2nd 13, 09:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
How to buy old DRAM?

"Davej" wrote in message

The memory sticks I currently have in my old desktop read "DDR2 800(5)"
and are...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 26th 13, 02:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Fan came off the graphics card

Tucker wrote in message

I got a free computer from a friend. . . . the one thing I haven't been
able to fix...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 4th 13, 05:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19
OT The death of the home stereo system

"Larc" wrote in message

There's a definite connection between the death of good home stereo
systems and the
death...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 22nd 13, 03:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
How is RAM Different with 64bit OS ?

"goldtech" wrote in message

I've never used a 64bit OS. I have 32bit OS and 3GB of RAM. It's enough
RAM...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 12th 13, 01:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Ducky mechanical keyboards

"Loren Pechtel" wrote in message

There is really no difference between a membrane and a keyswitch,
in the sense...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 8th 13, 12:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Sending fax from PC

"Desmond" wrote in message

I have found on my windows 7 PC

Windows fax and scan. Do I need a modem for this...
Forum: General February 22nd 13, 08:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Putting films, tapes, CDs, etc onto a HD

"Loony" wrote in message

Would one put music from a tape on an old HD, on a large computer HD? Most
likely it would be the same as...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 10th 13, 03:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Viewsonic 930b

"Rene Lamontagne" wrote in message

any ideas why this monitor won,t work if the room temp is below 65 deg
Fahrenheit?

Last time an...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 3rd 12, 07:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Ext HDD enclosure with a power switch on the front

"Jim" wrote in message

I'm after an external hard drive enclosure (would prefer it in Black) that
has...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 2nd 12, 10:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Does my memory clash with my processor?

"RayLopez99" wrote in message

I notice that the Topala Software Solutions freeware program information
on...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 13th 12, 05:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Upgrade Hard Drive - transfer data & partitions

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 10:16:10 -0500, Justin
wrote:

Running Windows 7 64 bit, what is the best utility to transfer all my
crap from the old drive to the new...
Forum: General November 9th 12, 11:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Windows 8 Screen

wrote in message

What kind of screen is needed for Windows 8?

Windows 8 is an operating system thus
(1) works on...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 11th 12, 02:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Stalled boot - bios displays drives etc

"John B. Smith" wrote in message

My WinXP machine has developed a bug. When cold, in the morning, it
stops after...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 12th 12, 10:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Hardware is easier to program than software?

"SC Tom" wrote in message ...

I may be missing something, but how do you program hardware without
software? . . . Did I miss something?

The OP's...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 28th 12, 03:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
How number RAM banks?

"Paul" wrote in message

Don Phillipson wrote:
Has anyone figured this out? How should I install one 512 Mb
and two 1 Gb RAM units for...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 27th 12, 07:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
How number RAM banks?

There seems an anomaly in documentation for IBM 8113 (M52 ThinkCentre)
concerning RAM sockets,
(1) Numbered (says the manual) from #1 (nearest the CPU) to #4
(2) Coloured in pairs, ## 3 and 4...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 17th 12, 04:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Rainge of wireless routers

"Desmond" wrote in message

Hi I am with AOL/Talk Talk. I have a wireless router Huawei Echolife HG521
and have...
Forum: General July 13th 12, 03:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
No Power (DELL)

"Doomed Soul" wrote in message

A few days ago a storm came through and kicked the power off for a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 9th 12, 09:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 38
Can't boot XP off new SATA drive

"Rebel1" wrote in message

Here's what Microsoft has to say:
• You cannot mark a logical drive as active.
• You can only mark a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 8th 12, 12:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 38
Can't boot XP off new SATA drive

"Rebel1" wrote in message

Any suggestions for getting the computer to boot off the SATA drive?

The query omitted how (bootable)...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 303