Showing results 1 to 25 of 107
Search took 2.68 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: smlunatick
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 28th 10, 03:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.computer.workshop,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain
Replies: 3
Posted By smlunatick
Computer acting funny after crash

On Jul 22, 11:08*am, brassplyer wrote:
Running a 2.4 gig Core2 Duo system, XP Pro, 2 gigs ram..

Had an issue where I got a BSOD a couple of times in a row in a short
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 24th 09, 08:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By smlunatick
High quality video, nVidia card

On Sep 21, 1:41*pm, "Oronzo Cana'" wrote:
My PC is:

AMD Athlon 64 4000+, 2.40 GHz
RAM 1 GB DDR
nVidia Geforce 7300 GT

I connected it to my big TV, Full HD via...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 7th 09, 01:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,alt.comp.os.windows-xp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
Replies: 5
Posted By smlunatick
ZoneAlarm not cooperating with XP MCE install, worked fine before

On Sep 6, 5:36*pm, brassplyer wrote:
If it's important info, the machine is fully updated within SP2, have
been avoiding going to SP3 since I heard of numerous issues....
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 3rd 09, 07:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By smlunatick
Geforce 6150 LE on Win XP Home Ed just stopped 'working' but 'itstill works'

On Sep 1, 8:25*am, guiffen wrote:
Hi folks,
Well, I'm nearly at wits end with this thing. *My vid card has been
working just fine for the past 6 months not...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 29th 09, 02:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By smlunatick
Nvidia PhysX

On Aug 28, 3:28*pm, Rene wrote:
smlunatick wrote:
On Aug 28, 9:54 am, Rene wrote:
timelord wrote:
Can someone please tell me exactly what the PyhsX does. I know...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 28th 09, 03:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By smlunatick
Nvidia PhysX

On Aug 28, 9:54*am, Rene wrote:
timelord wrote:
Can someone please tell me exactly what the PyhsX does. I know you need
a minimum spec card for this to work anyway and mine is...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 27th 09, 09:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By smlunatick
Nvidia PhysX

On Aug 26, 6:07*pm, "timelord" wrote:
Can someone please tell me exactly what the PyhsX does. I know you need a
minimum spec card for this to work anyway and mine is the...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 21st 09, 02:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By smlunatick
Nvidia error on Linux

On Aug 20, 11:49*pm, "barcaroller" wrote:
I have an Nvidia card on my Linux desktop. *During boot-up, when the
start-up scripts run nvidia-config-display, they get an...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 20th 09, 03:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By smlunatick
Question about AGP ati Sapphire 3650 graphics card

On Aug 20, 2:55*pm, Paul wrote:
On Aug 20, 12:40*am, Paul wrote:

Paul wrote:
* * *Will this newer card work with my older PC, an HP
Forum: General July 30th 09, 04:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By smlunatick
How to make external HD bootable?

On Jul 30, 3:00*pm, wrote:
Is there a trick I don't know?

I bought a new GFORCE MEGADISK FANTOM 1TB external SATA hard drive and
have it connected as USB. *I have formatted...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 29th 09, 05:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By smlunatick
Reinstall of drivers when swapping video cards?

On Jul 27, 9:39*pm, smlunatick wrote:
I will be swapping out my low-end 9600GT video card with a spanking
new GTX 275 one. *I am currently have the 190.38 WHQL drivers.

Do...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 27th 09, 09:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By smlunatick
Reinstall of drivers when swapping video cards?

I will be swapping out my low-end 9600GT video card with a spanking
new GTX 275 one. I am currently have the 190.38 WHQL drivers.

Do I need to remove and reinstall the drivers even if I am...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 29th 09, 04:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By smlunatick
NVidia and Vista - Howto prevent driver from switching to highresolutions

On May 23, 7:00*pm, "timelord" wrote:
Also with this driver i have noticed that Windows Aero no longer functions
and is removed from the theme list.

Phil.

"Thomas...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 14th 09, 07:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By smlunatick
Annoying message on Gateway monitor...

On May 12, 5:44*pm, EosBlue wrote:
My wife has a older Dell 2400 series desktop with a newer Gateway
FPD2185W monitor. *The video card is a nvidia 5550 card with...
Forum: General April 28th 09, 08:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Replies: 41
Posted By smlunatick
How to clean the socket 775 heatsink + cooling fan?

On Apr 28, 3:01*pm, "JR Weiss" wrote:
"smlunatick" wrote...
If the heatsink / fan is so mucked up with grime, I would consider
locating a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 28th 09, 08:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Replies: 39
Posted By smlunatick
How to clean the socket 775 heatsink + cooling fan?

On Apr 28, 3:01*pm, "JR Weiss" wrote:
"smlunatick" wrote...
If the heatsink / fan is so mucked up with grime, I would consider
locating a...
Forum: General April 28th 09, 02:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Replies: 41
Posted By smlunatick
How to clean the socket 775 heatsink + cooling fan?

On Apr 28, 12:05*pm, pg wrote:
One of the company PC is located in the warehouse area, and that place
is very dusty.

So dusty that a lot of grime have built up in the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 28th 09, 02:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,24hoursupport.helpdesk

On Apr 28, 12:05*pm, pg wrote:
One of the company PC is located in the warehouse area, and that place
is very dusty.

So dusty that a lot of grime have built up in the...
Forum: Printers April 3rd 09, 08:31 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By smlunatick
HP P2015d Printer Sharing

On Apr 3, 1:38*pm, Lino wrote:
Hi all,

At my workplace, we have HP P 2015d USB Printer and it is installed on a
local machine having Linux. I wish to share this...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 19th 09, 07:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By smlunatick
Last GeForce driver version with temperature monitoring and alert?

On Mar 19, 9:10*am, Winston Smith wrote:
smlunatick wrote:
On Mar 18, 5:58 pm, Winston Smith wrote:
Hi All,

I realize that there's...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 18th 09, 08:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By smlunatick
Last GeForce driver version with temperature monitoring and alert?

On Mar 18, 5:58*pm, Winston Smith wrote:
Hi All,

I realize that there's no more temperature monitoring in the classic
NVIDIA Control Panel. But I remember I had it...
Forum: Intel February 26th 09, 01:50 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 0
Posted By smlunatick
Looking for Intel S/PDIF out connector for DG31PR

I have an Intel DG31PR motherbaord and it has the S/PDIF out signals
that can be used. However, I do not have the S/PDIF out adapter to
permit the signals out of the PC. Can anyone give me where I...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 25th 09, 07:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By smlunatick
Pictures VS Desktop

On Feb 21, 12:29*am, "Bob D." wrote:
I have an eMachine T3085 with *NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated video hardware.
I can not get the desktop (icons, windows, bars, etc.)...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 25th 09, 02:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By smlunatick
Weird video error,what went wrong?

On Feb 25, 12:51*pm, "Thomas Andersson" wrote:
Machine was working fine but had to switch monitor temp to server.
Dissconnected flatscreen while machine was running and fixed...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 23rd 09, 07:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By smlunatick
Can't get 3-way SLI to work

On Feb 23, 6:44*pm, "
wrote:
On Feb 23, 10:40*am, smlunatick wrote:

SLi can only be used with nVidia based video cards,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 107