Showing results 1 to 25 of 195
Search took 2.88 seconds.
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 10th 11, 12:28 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
External USB harddisk problem is driving me crazy

On Nov 9, 7:06*pm, Roger Hünen wrote:
Greetings!

I am trying to make an external harddrive work on a friends PC,
but I cannot get it to work. First some data:

* The...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 2nd 11, 03:18 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 71
Posted By [email protected]
Thailand floods and Seagate HD prices

On Nov 2, 2:04*pm, "Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:
A few weeks ago 2TB Seagate Barracuda XT bare drives were $130 at
NewEgg; by the end of last week they were $250. But on...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 4th 11, 10:41 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Flash memory XOR

On Oct 4, 7:43*pm, Arno wrote:
wrote:
I am not sure if this is the correct group - but it is one I know.
I am working with raw...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 4th 11, 01:19 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Flash memory XOR

I am not sure if this is the correct group - but it is one I know.

I am working with raw memory chips (98D79432) and it looks as if the
data has been processed probably with a an XOR function. ...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 23rd 11, 05:09 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
How to format a 3" drive without a laptop?

On Jul 23, 1:58*pm, micky wrote:
How to format a 2.5" drive without a laptop?

I didn't realize this would be a problem. *I have an old laptop whose
PATA HDD had...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 25th 11, 11:48 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
partition merge failure

On Jun 25, 7:49*am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
timelessbeing wrote:

My computer froze up during a partition merge using Partition Magic 8.0..

Thats always been a problem...
Forum: Storage (alternative) May 11th 11, 05:26 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Using a hard disk drive as an archival media

On May 11, 2:34*pm, JW wrote:
On 11 May 2011 12:00:20 GMT Arno wrote in Message id:
:

William Brown...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 29th 11, 04:52 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
IO thruput via SATA ports

On Mar 29, 3:53*pm, Gerald Abrahamson wrote:
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 07:52:10 -0700 (PDT), Kyp

wrote:
I'm new to using SATA and would like to know the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 3rd 11, 03:35 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Getting SMART data from a USB attached drive

On Feb 3, 1:30*pm, JW wrote:
I though I remember a discussion some months back where it was impossible
to get SMART data from a USB attached drive. Am I mis-remembering?

I...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 11th 11, 05:25 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
External USB2 2.5" Enclosure & 7,200rpm Drive?

On Jan 11, 1:33*pm, "Jim" wrote:
"Justin" wrote inPossibly around 200GB formatted to exFAT.

Is there any point in using exFAT for...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 10th 11, 11:33 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
How to solve my storage problem

On Jan 9, 4:15*pm, Arno wrote:
Net Surfer wrote:
My laptop has only 500GB disk space. *But I have about 5 TB data and
growing. *I want to buy...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 6th 11, 04:20 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Chkdsk says it's a RAW drive!

On Jan 6, 2:18*pm, Arno wrote:
mm wrote:
On 5 Jan 2011 21:55:31 GMT, Arno wrote:
mm wrote:
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 29th 10, 01:57 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Kingston 2 gb SD card has just 1.83 gb in WinXP, exaggeration ?

On Sep 29, 1:15Â*pm, Man-wai Chang wrote:
They have been doing that for decades now, clearly stated in their datasheets.

I have never noticed that. All the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 10th 10, 07:31 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Any really good, reliable, easy to use disk imaging programs forWin 7/64bit?

Macrium Reflect seems to work well -- even the free version, but the
non-free version (US$50 ?) adds extra features. I haven't used Acronis,
so I can't compare the two.

Perce

As with...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 28th 10, 10:05 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
OEM vs. Retail hard drive

On Aug 28, 6:53*am, mm wrote:
I hope this isn't too stupid a question.

OEM vs. Retail hard drive. * *I'm not concerned about the warranty,
but that I've never...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 14th 10, 03:14 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
puzzled about files on disk

On Aug 14, 11:23*am, sobriquet wrote:
On 14 aug, 12:19, " wrote:

On Aug 14, 4:43*am, sobriquet ...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 14th 10, 11:19 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
puzzled about files on disk

On Aug 14, 4:43*am, sobriquet wrote:
Hi.
Something baffles me. Perhaps someone here can explain it.

If I go to the properties of my C drive on my laptop, the size
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 14th 10, 11:17 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
What is RAID0 good for?

On Aug 14, 10:44*am, M.L. wrote:
My friend has a Win XP *PowerSpec B647 desktop with two 250 GB hard
drives configured in the BIOS as RAID0. It appears that whatever
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 8th 10, 07:55 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Drives that do or don't run hot

On Aug 8, 7:15*am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
Tom Del Rosso wrote

My ST315003 runs at lease 5 deg C hotter than other drives in the same
position. *I've looked at Tom's...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 22nd 10, 11:30 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Filesystem for a Time Capsule

On Jul 22, 8:19*am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
John Turco wrote

Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 19th 10, 10:22 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Filesystem for a Time Capsule

On Jul 18, 9:39*pm, Justin wrote:
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 04:22:21 -0700, wrote:
On Jul 18, 4:02*am, "Rod Speed" ...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 18th 10, 12:22 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Filesystem for a Time Capsule

On Jul 18, 4:02*am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
Justin wrote:
I have done some research and discussed this issue with my old boss from college.
Back in 2005, we came across...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 17th 10, 11:02 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Filesystem for a Time Capsule

On Jul 15, 7:46*pm, "Rod Speed" wrote:
Justin wrote:
No, not Apple Time Machine, but an actual time capsule.
I have been asked to put together an external USB hard...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 14th 10, 07:33 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Lacie F800 2tb Raid drive failure

On Jul 14, 2:05*pm, Peter Kemp wrote:
I've had one of the drives in the RAID 5 setup fail on me. The drive is
over three years old and Lacie won't give any advice for...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 18th 10, 05:42 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
best backup software with USB external hard drives?

On Jun 18, 5:14*am, iws wrote:
On 6/15/2010 3:41 PM, Joe wrote: I looked at USB hard drives at Best Buy the other day- I plan on buying
a 1 TB drive. The backup software...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 195