Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Yes
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 20th 13, 06:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Yes
SSD refurbished drive - what caveats

I see prices for refurbished SSD drives that are starting to look
reasonable but am not quite convinced to buy one.

What pros and cons do you all see about buying a refurbished SSD? Are
there...
Forum: General June 10th 13, 06:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Yes
OT a bit - matching UPS with one's pc

I'll probably be buying a UPS for my pc soon and need to learn how to
size and match a UPS with my pc, but there's a lot of unclear info out
there.

Complicated but probably more exact method - add...
Forum: General May 31st 13, 10:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By Yes
Flollow-up help - troubleshooting network connection

Just to let all of you who posted that, after all the effort, my
desktop has resumed connecting. Just before I was about to leave to go
to one of the local stores looking for a NIC card.

I tried...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 3rd 13, 04:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Yes
hard drives - where to find reviews?

Is there any site that keeps track of HD manufacturers and issues
regarding the quality of their drives? I posted a similar question
last year, I think, and am wondering if anything's...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 3rd 13, 10:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Yes
how will APUs affect upgrading a build?

Paul wrote:

Yes wrote:
Paul wrote:

Both Intel and AMD are already shipping processor chips with
built-in graphics. The graphics are suitable, for lightweight
gaming.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 3rd 13, 03:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Paul wrote:

Both Intel and AMD are already shipping processor chips with
built-in graphics. The graphics are suitable, for lightweight
gaming.

-- snipped --

So eventually, the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 3rd 13, 02:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Yes
how will APUs affect upgrading a build?

Flasherly wrote:

On Feb 2, 2:16 pm, "Yes" wrote:

Who cares. --snipped--

I care.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 2nd 13, 08:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Yes
how will APUs affect upgrading a build?

I haven't paid attention to advances in CPUs and motherboards for a few
years. I assembled my own pc and use it for basic apps, including one
game that requires shader 3 support.

I was trying to...
Forum: General November 5th 12, 05:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 24
Posted By Yes
How many hard drives (and size) do you place in your build these days?

Joel wrote:

Well, for decades I have been working on video and photography those
use lot of disk space, so I have upgraded my couple years old system
to (3) 1TB SATA, and (1) 500GB EIDE as...
Forum: General November 5th 12, 05:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 24
Posted By Yes
How many hard drives (and size) do you place in your build these days?

Joel wrote:

"Brian Cryer" wrote:

snip
I now have two servers in the office on which I run other virtual
servers. Typically I've gone for four drives -...
Forum: General October 24th 12, 02:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 24
Posted By Yes
How many hard drives (and size) do you place in your build these days?

Darklight wrote:

-- snipped --
Cloud base storage is just an external hard drive that some one else
maintains!!!

What a difference it makes when you change a name of some thing.

A rose...
Forum: General October 23rd 12, 06:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 24
Posted By Yes
How many hard drives (and size) do you place in your build these days?

Paul wrote:

Yes wrote:

Thanks. A virtual pc has started piqueing my interest but never had
seen any user feedback about how much RAM or how many HDs were
useful for it. It...
Forum: General October 23rd 12, 05:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 24
Posted By Yes
How many hard drives (and size) do you place in your build these days?

Brian Cryer wrote:

"Yes" wrote in message
I'm curious.
-- snipped--

Personally, I don't intend to use cloud based...
Forum: General October 22nd 12, 01:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 24
Posted By Yes
How many hard drives (and size) do you place in your build these days?

I'm curious. My builds usually have two hard drives (out of habit I
suppose) and one external HD for backup. Each HD is 500Gb; the
external HD (USB 2) is smaller. I prefer to keep data on a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 9th 12, 06:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Yes
Public records etc.

Motor T wrote:

A current set of postings regarding 'people finder' has made me
wonder: How exactly does one get this info? If I want to find a
veteran buddy all that shows up in a search...
Forum: General May 19th 12, 03:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Yes
HD supply

Is it my imagination, or are hard drive prices starting to drop a bit
I'm on NewEgg's mailing list, and it seems like they're starting to
offer more variety of hard drives and at what IMO are more...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 1st 12, 04:39 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 79
Posted By Yes
Hardware Requirements for Internet PC

Searcher7 wrote:

Thanks everyone.

As I mentioned, surfing the internet is slow right from the beginning
of reformat and install, and it just gets worse.

When I said "Ctrl+Alt+Del"...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 27th 12, 04:46 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 79
Posted By Yes
Hardware Requirements for Internet PC

Searcher7 wrote:

Can someone give me an idea of what the minimum hardware requirements
are for a PC that will be used mostly for internet, as well as playing
DVDs? (I have a 900Mhz, 512mb XP...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 14th 12, 04:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 26
Posted By Yes
How does hotel wi-fi work,and why does it need a browser to log in?

RayLopez99 wrote:

On Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:35:56 AM UTC+8, RayLopez99 wrote:
how does hotel wi-fi work,and why does it need a browser to log in?

It's strange--just like the...
Forum: General February 7th 12, 04:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Yes
who are quality monitor brands these days?

I expect to have to buy a new monitor soon and would like to get some
input as to which brands to focus my research. The market has changed
a lot since the last time I bought a monitor (2005). ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 15th 12, 05:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Yes
need help monitor problme at startup

GMAN wrote:

In article , "Yes"
wrote:
Recently, I've started having intermittent problems with my monitor
during boot-up of the pc. ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 13th 12, 07:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Yes
need help monitor problme at startup

Recently, I've started having intermittent problems with my monitor
during boot-up of the pc. It is not a consistent, reproducible problem.

The problem - after powering on my pc, the monitor power...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22