Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: philo[_6_]
Forum: General March 22nd 14, 08:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By philo[_6_]
How Open a Jammed DVD Drive?

On 03/22/2014 02:43 PM, wrote:
I have a Media Center E-machine with a CDRW drive that has a disk in
it, but it will not open/eject. Any way I can jimmy or otherwise
open this...
Forum: General October 31st 12, 08:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By philo[_6_]
Samsung HD out of Panasonic recorder not recognized in PC

On 10/30/2012 01:52 PM, wrote:
On 27 okt, 22:42, philo wrote:
On 10/26/2012 01:46 PM, wrote:

Forum: General October 27th 12, 10:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By philo[_6_]
Samsung HD out of Panasonic recorder not recognized in PC

On 10/26/2012 01:46 PM, wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have an Panasonic DMR-EH60, the harddisk of which has been
accidentally formatted.

I have some pretty good clues as...
Forum: General October 23rd 12, 12:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By philo[_6_]
hub fear

On 10/22/2012 05:15 PM, bob smith wrote:
I've been wary of self-powered USB hubs because I didn't want the power to short-circuit, go into my computer, and fry it. Am I being paranoid?

Is...
Forum: General October 22nd 12, 07:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 24
Posted By philo[_6_]
How many hard drives (and size) do you place in your build thesedays?

On 10/22/2012 07:57 AM, Yes wrote:
I'm curious. My builds usually have two hard drives (out of habit I
suppose) and one external HD for backup. Each HD is 500Gb; the
external HD (USB 2) is...
Forum: General October 4th 12, 04:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 19
Posted By philo[_6_]
*** Recommendation needed *** Which desktop or motherboard supportsfast CPU and Windows 98

On 10/03/2012 11:19 PM, SeeNoEvil wrote:
Please tell which desktop computer models of selected brands, or ASUS
motherboards support

INTEL CPU with Windows 98 drivers.

My favorite desktop...
Forum: General September 29th 12, 06:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By philo[_6_]
too much RAM?

On 09/29/2012 12:31 PM, Andrea Frigo wrote:
Hello. I've just finished setting up a system based on Arock A75
extreme6 motherboard, two Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 RAM kits, AMD
A8-3870K APU, 600W...
Forum: General September 23rd 12, 07:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By philo[_6_]
How much video card can I run with 470 watt PSU?

On 09/23/2012 10:20 AM, David W. Hodgins wrote:
On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 18:19:46 -0400, philo wrote:

On 09/20/2012 10:42 PM, wrote:
I should add that...
Forum: General September 22nd 12, 11:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By philo[_6_]
How much video card can I run with 470 watt PSU?

On 09/20/2012 10:42 PM, wrote:
I should add that with PC Power & Cooling PSU's, the rating is a continuous rating, not a peak rating.

A 470W PSU should be able to run any...
Forum: General September 7th 12, 09:14 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By philo[_6_]
External Hard Dives and more chinese junk

On 09/07/2012 09:36 AM, JD wrote:
About 18 months ago I bought an Advent computer - IT CAME FROM CHINA -
and a couple of months ago it went belly up. The video disappeared
because the video...
Forum: General August 28th 12, 01:30 AM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 23
Posted By philo[_6_]
cloning software, data from a HP xw4600 workstation(running Windowsvista 32 bit) to HP z200 workstation(running Windows 7 64 bit)

On 08/23/2012 04:08 PM, t wrote:
The HP xw4600 has lot of programs(like Matlab, Labview, Borland
Compiler) on it and there are no installation disks for those programs.
So, the entire...
Forum: General April 24th 12, 01:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By philo[_6_]
Russian Hardware - English Software

On 04/24/2012 03:19 AM, TheScullster wrote:
Hi all

Is there any difference/compatibility issue with hardware sourced elsewhere
in the world which could lead to compatibility issues with UK...
Forum: General April 13th 12, 08:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By philo[_6_]
Cheap laptops; a question.

On 04/12/2012 06:51 PM, Peter Jason wrote:
I want a cheap laptop as de-facto e-reader. With a large colour
screen. I will load up Acrobat and convert all other formats to pdf.

My question...
Forum: General March 28th 12, 08:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 20
Posted By philo[_6_]
Flummoxed. [Update]

On 03/27/2012 08:39 PM, Grinder wrote:
On 3/21/2012 11:58 PM, Grinder wrote:
I've been trying to rehabilitate an HP Pavilion a6130n desktop pc.

http://h10025.nstall Vista or Windows 7 from...
Forum: General March 22nd 12, 11:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 20
Posted By philo[_6_]
Flummoxed.

On 03/21/2012 11:58 PM, Grinder wrote:
I've been trying to rehabilitate an HP Pavilion a6130n desktop pc.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01050235
Forum: General January 6th 12, 01:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By philo[_6_]
Windows is giving a message warning of an incipient HDD failure

On 01/05/2012 07:14 PM, Peter Jason wrote:
I have Win7 SP1.

Windows is giving a message warning of an incipient HDD failure.

But Windows in its "which HDD is failing?" gives two HDDs with...
Forum: General December 26th 11, 09:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By philo[_6_]
Dell XPS 8300 christmas morning crash

On 12/26/2011 02:32 PM, sw wrote:
We ordered an xps 8300. It was received a couple of weeks ago and this
morning when I went to plug it in, I received the message..."reboot
and select proper...
Forum: General October 27th 11, 11:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By philo[_6_]
external USB 2.0 hard drives

On 10/27/2011 06:08 AM, Bendix wrote:
is it safe to use small 2.5" external USB 2.0 hard drives in continuous
mode? As it often requires 2-3 hours to backup into HDD a vaste quantity of
small...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 19th 11, 11:29 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 35
Posted By philo[_6_]
Delayed Write Failed - could I have lost data?

On 10/19/2011 10:45 AM, wrote:
Last night I was copying files from a Windows XP laptop to a USB
external hard drive. Then when I tried to safely remove the hard
Forum: General September 24th 11, 10:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By philo[_6_]
out of range - can't get in to safe mode

On 09/24/2011 03:41 PM, 123Jim wrote:
On 24/09/2011 20:52, Ian D wrote:

"123Jim" wrote in message
On 24/09/2011...
Forum: General September 23rd 11, 01:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By philo[_6_]
Malfunctioning screensaver

On 09/22/2011 05:21 PM, Roy wrote:
Hello group
Just lately my 7year old winxp3 notebook screensaver is not
functioning anymore,
Is this a hardware or a software defect?
Are there any...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21