Showing results 1 to 25 of 111
Search took 0.90 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: pcbldrNinetyEight
Forum: General February 27th 08, 04:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
Dell Desktops at eBay

Grinder wrote in

Why is it that 3/4 of all of the desktops up at eBay are Dells?

I place the same value on ebay as I do on a flea...
Forum: General February 27th 08, 04:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
New Questions About My New SATA DVD Birner

"GT" wrote in
:

"pcbldrNinetyEight" pcbldrninetyeight.com wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 26th 08, 06:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
Keyboard lights blink, no video

"Lee M." wrote in
:

Recently the 2nd computer started to need 2 or 3 tries to boot. The
keyboad lights blink...
Forum: General February 26th 08, 06:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
New Questions About My New SATA DVD Birner

gecko wrote in
:

As I indicated in my earlier posts, I mistakenly bought a SATA DVD
burner drive instead of a PATA drive. ...
Forum: General February 26th 08, 06:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
problem with new cd/dvd burner

" wrote in
:

I recently installed a new cd/dvd burner. Everything...
Forum: General February 26th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
Trouble understanding errors in Intel StorCon+ (Storage Console Plus) for RAID

John Doe wrote in
:

A client failed to report a blaring alarm coming from this Intel
SRCS14L...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 26th 08, 03:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
Clearing Google cache

wrote in news:4f7a3352-1130-49c2-80e4-
:

On Feb 25, 11:22 pm, wrote:
How do I clear the Google cache...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 25th 08, 11:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
Screen Scrolling Out of Control

Matt wrote in news:401433cd-3e39-4b65-a343-
:

Hey guys. I had a bit of an accident over the weekdn and spilt some
blackcurrent...
Forum: General February 25th 08, 10:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
NetGear GA311 GigaBit PCI Adapter

EdwardATeller wrote in news:1c2b06f7-e563-499f-
:

I just bought two NetGear GA311 GigaBit PCI adapters and a NetGear
GS605...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 25th 08, 08:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
Moving HD to new system

Mark F wrote in
:

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 03:16:14 GMT, in alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
wrote in part:
Whether reinstalling...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 24th 08, 05:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
PCI Express sound cards, GOOD quality, WHERE???

Man-wai Chang ToDie wrote in
:

Yup, I prefer not to use any PCI slot at all for my next build. And
I've always found Creative...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 24th 08, 04:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
PCI Express sound cards, GOOD quality, WHERE???

Man-wai Chang ToDie wrote in
:

OK, who makes it? -Dave

There's no need for a PCIe soundcard and creative X-Fi's are fine.
Forum: General February 24th 08, 04:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
Monitor Refresh Rate

Goff wrote in
:

I have a cheapo widescreen, 19" monitor. I'm using it on a Linux system.
The two options I have for...
Forum: General February 24th 08, 04:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
Trying to replace fans in a power supply

Paul wrote in :

Mike wrote:
The fans were getting real noisy so I decided to replace the two 80mm
12V fans. I bought two 12V fans and replaced...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 24th 08, 03:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
Question: What make a "green" low energy PC?

wrote in :

Well they announced a 40 percent increase in local
electricity rates here locally today.

Having said that..... what...
Forum: General February 24th 08, 02:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
Hard drive logic board... bear with me!

DanSolo wrote in news:4b21831a-9ab3-46fb-8fc0-
:

I'm trying to replace a logic board on a Maxtor Fireball 3 40gb
3.5inch. How exact...
Forum: General February 24th 08, 02:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
Intermittent Failure to POST

Grinder wrote in

pcbldrNinetyEight wrote:
Grinder wrote in
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 24th 08, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
[fw] New Vi$ta licensing terms

"Ed Cregger" wrote in
:

"Ian D" wrote in message
Forum: General February 23rd 08, 11:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
Printer Ink

wrote in news:b876d026-0cb2-4ca0-b7a3-
:

Does anyone know of any third party substitues for Dell printer ink
cartridges. My...
Forum: General February 23rd 08, 11:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
Intermittent Failure to POST

Grinder wrote in

Here's an odd one. I have an Intel D850GB that intermittent fails on
power-up with no video and three beeps. ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 21st 08, 12:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
PSU, both fans died.. just replace fans or the whole unit?

markm75 wrote in news:bcb65f9e-937b-41aa-b31b-
:

I have a Ultra ULT31849 X-Finity 600W Power Supply which had the fans
die, after 1.5...
Forum: General February 19th 08, 02:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
Burner Error

"proudtower" wrote in
:

I have tried to burn various cd's with Nero 6.3..., on a Dell Inspiron
4000, 1 gig cpu, 512 megs...
Forum: General February 19th 08, 01:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
Can Clerks/Cashiers Make a Corporation Liable?

wrote in news:3a02fffb-843e-40d9-a452-
:

A friend had a mid-range price laptop by a major manufacturer and
needed a replacement A/C...
Forum: General February 15th 08, 11:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
Dead NIC card?

"Mike" wrote in
:

I have a wired Belkin NIC card that vanished from Device Manager. I
tried to reinstall in another PCI slot...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 15th 08, 10:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,misc.legal
Replies: 30
Posted By pcbldrNinetyEight
Break the law by being a daredevil? (Curiosity questions only.)

"SteveH" wrote in
:

mike3 wrote:
Hi.

Although I would not probably ever do this in reality at all...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 111