Showing results 1 to 25 of 114
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Norm Why[_2_]
Forum: General June 13th 21, 10:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 9
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller might be bad for privacy and effect your hardware

Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller might be bad for privacy

AFAIK it operates at the block/device layer, not the file system layer,
I'd be surprised if it's responsible for copying your...
Forum: General June 13th 21, 09:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 9
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller might be bad for privacy and effect your hardware

Yeah, he's lying or spreading FUD. Not a clue what is Storage Spaces.
Doesn't bother to research. His posting history has qualified him a
troll.

Forum: General June 13th 21, 09:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 9
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller might be bad for privacy and effect your hardware

Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller might be bad for privacy and effect
your hardware.

In my last reply here I explained how I am recovering from some bad PC
symptoms. Enlightenment...
Forum: General June 13th 21, 05:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 9
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller might be bad for privacy and effect your hardware

Hi,

Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller might be bad for privacy and effect your
hardware.

In my last reply here I explained how I am recovering from some bad PC
symptoms. Enlightenment came when...
Forum: General June 5th 21, 01:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Terrible time with email corruption

Hi All,

I've had a lot trouble with email. On closer inspection one test email
showed a character error in address: E.g.

should be @viu.ca

Where do I start?...
Forum: General June 5th 21, 01:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Gigabyte BIOS Upgrade F11b BETA solved a lot of diffuse hardware problems

[massive snippage]

Thanks for the advice. Curiosity: I managed by magic, to get IPv6 working
on 'Big Metal'. Now IPv6 addressing works on the other two Windows
machines on my network. Event...
Forum: General June 5th 21, 12:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Terrible time with email corruption

Hi All,

I've had a lot trouble with email. On closer inspection one test email
showed a character error in address: E.g.

should be viu.ca

Where do I start? Server?
Forum: General April 11th 21, 11:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Gigabyte BIOS Upgrade F11b BETA solved a lot of diffuse hardware problems

The HDTune tool is too old to display SSD tables properly.

You were probably using some Toolkit to get that number,
and maybe the Toolkit has the SMART table in it...
Forum: General April 11th 21, 04:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Gigabyte BIOS Upgrade F11b BETA solved a lot of diffuse hardware problems

Using that tool, '(05) Reallocated Sector Count' was displayed for the
500GB Samsung EVO SSD, but not for the 500 GB Seagate Barracuda SSD.
It's connected to a different controller, a...
Forum: General April 11th 21, 12:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Gigabyte BIOS Upgrade F11b BETA solved a lot of diffuse hardware problems

A 'lot of diffuse hardware problems' is a story too long to recite. I
was
reluctant to upgrade to a BETA BIOS. When I did I thought I'd bricked
the machine. After a nights...
Forum: General April 8th 21, 03:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Gigabyte BIOS Upgrade F11b BETA solved a lot of diffuse hardware problems

A 'lot of diffuse hardware problems' is a story too long to recite. I was
reluctant to upgrade to a BETA BIOS. When I did I thought I'd bricked the
machine. After a nights sleep, I realized...
Forum: General April 8th 21, 06:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Gigabyte BIOS Upgrade F11b BETA solved a lot of diffuse hardware problems

Hi,

A 'lot of diffuse hardware problems' is a story too long to recite. I was
reluctant to upgrade to a BETA BIOS. When I did I thought I'd bricked the
machine. After a nights sleep, I realized...
Forum: General March 6th 21, 12:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 3
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Windows 10 MAIL has a backdoor

See:
Experts brace for wave of hacks tied to Microsoft email vulnerabilities

https://financialpost.com/pmn/business-pmn/experts-brace-for-wave-of-hacks-tied-to-microsoft-email-vulnerabilities

Forum: General February 28th 21, 03:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 3
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Windows 10 MAIL has a backdoor

Windows 10 MAIL shuttles its memory back and forth online.
If it has no memory, it don't work.

"Idaho Homo Joe" wrote in message
You...
Forum: General February 24th 21, 06:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 3
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Windows 10 MAIL has a backdoor

I have a civil dispute with Psychologists in Brazil. A murder committed in
Canada is unethical in Brazil - Very controversial. Windows 10 Mail would
not permit me to send Mail to ethical potentates...
Forum: General November 26th 20, 05:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
SATA300 vs. SATA600 compatibility

Hi,

I have a 500GB Seagate Barracuda that comes with a 5 year warrantee. I'm
having problems where various files became corrupted and don't work. I've
exchanged it once. Seagate Tools said it was...
Forum: General November 26th 20, 01:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 22
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Can a weak CMOS battery prevent detection of a drive

You just have to purchase ssd's from a good manufacture !

KenW

Yes, after great annoyance I think you are right.
Forum: General November 25th 20, 11:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 22
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Can a weak CMOS battery prevent detection of a drive

You just have to purchase ssd's from a good manufacture !

KenW

I discovered that it is advised to turn off Indexing Services on an SSD.
Windows does not do this automatically....
Forum: General November 16th 20, 02:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 22
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Can a weak CMOS battery prevent detection of a drive

[snip]
I have a Cougar MX330-X gaming case whose manual can be found he
https://cougargaming.com/fileadmin/downloads/USERS_MANUAL/MX330_X_usermanual.pdf

Note that 5 optional fans...
Forum: General November 13th 20, 01:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 22
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Can a weak CMOS battery prevent detection of a drive

"Why look a gift horse in the mouth?" Currently a Quad Q8400 is plugged
into
Gigabyte MOBO. For convenience I connect using RDP. CPU use is 3%.
Temperatures are 40C., 36C., 32C. and 36C. I...
Forum: General November 13th 20, 12:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 22
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Can a weak CMOS battery prevent detection of a drive

[spippage]
Typical low CPU load core temperatures of the Q9650 a
31C., 31C., 28C. and 32C.
Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal grease works great! However, the MOBO
manual suggests that...
Forum: General November 12th 20, 10:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 22
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Can a weak CMOS battery prevent detection of a drive

[snippage]

Why such a proliferation of inadequate thermal grease products? Gresham's
law is a monetary principle stating that "bad money drives out good".
Likewise, so many people...
Forum: General November 11th 20, 05:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 22
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Can a weak CMOS battery prevent detection of a drive

The Intel 9650 CPU I ordered was delivered and with Halnziye: Silver
Thermal Paste. Let's compare specs:

Halnziye: HY710 10g Silver Thermal Paste.

Halnziye HY710 10g Silver Thermal Paste...
Forum: General November 10th 20, 10:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 22
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Can a weak CMOS battery prevent detection of a drive

"Why look a gift horse in the mouth?" Currently a Quad Q8400 is plugged
into
Gigabyte MOBO. For convenience I connect using RDP. CPU use is 3%.
Temperatures are 40C., 36C., 32C. and 36C. I...
Forum: General November 8th 20, 11:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 22
Posted By Norm Why[_2_]
Can a weak CMOS battery prevent detection of a drive

[snippage]
Unfortunately, no matter what fiddling I could do, the Seagate
Barracuda
continued to show unreliable symptoms. Read/write errors and failure to
detect at boot up. I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 114