Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Eli the Bearded
Forum: Printers February 25th 21, 12:18 AM Posted to comp.lang.postscript,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By Eli the Bearded
a bit off-topic: book printing

In c.l.postscript and c.p.printers, Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
The output format was A5 pages, to be arranged into two
single-sided A4 print jobs performed in sequence to produce
double-sided A4...
Forum: Printers February 19th 21, 01:55 AM Posted to comp.lang.postscript,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By Eli the Bearded
a bit off-topic: book printing

In c.p.printers and c.l.postscript, Lynn McGuire wrote:
On 2/12/2021 2:00 PM, Eli the Bearded wrote:
kinda surprised more people don't want to do this
I use www.lulu.com for printing and...
Forum: Printers February 12th 21, 09:00 PM Posted to comp.lang.postscript,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By Eli the Bearded
a bit off-topic: book printing

Note crosspost. c.l.postscript because I can imagine the people reading
that group have more expirience with non-home printing, and c.p.printers
because printers are involved.

Background:
There are...
Forum: Printers November 5th 20, 09:14 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 18
Posted By Eli the Bearded
Printer's IP address

In comp.periphs.printers, Alex Trishan wrote:
How do I find the IP address of a printer on my network? Thanks.

I don't know. How do _you_?

I use nmap sometimes. I walk up...
Forum: Printers January 16th 19, 09:47 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By Eli the Bearded
OT Uses for old dot matrix ink jet printer paper

In comp.periphs.printers, KenK wrote:
I have three full boxes of old printer paper whch I hate to throw away but
can't think of a use for. Sheets perforated together and...
Forum: Printers October 8th 18, 04:39 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 9
Posted By Eli the Bearded
Good Quality Paper

In comp.periphs.printers, Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 10/7/2018 3:00 PM, Jeff Gaines wrote:
On 07/10/2018 in message Keith Nuttle...
Forum: Printers May 26th 18, 10:43 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By Eli the Bearded
Commodore MPS 1230 Dot Matrix Printer under GNU/Linux

In comp.periphs.printers, Anonymous wrote:
I used to have a Commodore 64 with an MPS 1230 printer. 25 years later
the printer is still working, and I wondered...
Forum: Printers November 17th 17, 07:39 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By Eli the Bearded
printing with a cover sheet (Mac)

In comp.periphs.printers, Fred McKenzie wrote:
Eli the Bearded wrote:
The current method has them printed separately and hand collated.
Both my...
Forum: Printers November 16th 17, 10:23 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By Eli the Bearded
printing with a cover sheet (Mac)

(I originally posted this in comp.sys.mac.misc and got zero response.)

Here's the goal:

Print a PDF from Preview on up-to-date hardware (Macbook Pro) and softwa
a) with the first page out...
Forum: Printers September 29th 16, 09:53 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Eli the Bearded
WTB: Empty Laser Printer and copier cartridges

In comp.periphs.printers, wrote:
On Thursday, May 18, 1995 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Stephen Summerall wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please contact me at...
Forum: Printers July 12th 16, 10:10 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Posted By Eli the Bearded
what options for printing saddle "stitched" booklets?

In comp.periphs.printers, wrote:
They are called "Booklet Makers" or Folder Staplers and they used to
start (20 years ago) at $4000. That's adjustable from tiny to 11"
Forum: Printers July 8th 16, 08:32 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Posted By Eli the Bearded
what options for printing saddle "stitched" booklets?

I've been printing small booklets on 8.5" x 11" paper, folded in half
and center stapled. These are five to six sheets of paper (including a
cover in a separate color).

Are there printers smaller...
Forum: Printers August 15th 14, 12:00 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 0
Posted By Eli the Bearded
Is this the place to get help with PPD problems?

I took a PPD file from a recent HPLIP and want it to work with CUPS on
MacOSX 10.5.8. It's not as simple as just using the "provide a PPD" link
in the CUPS interface. That just gets me errors.

The...
Forum: General May 23rd 07, 12:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,sci.electronics.design,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,alt.dev.null,comp.arch
Replies: 220
Posted By Eli the Bearded
Advantages of Parallel Hz

In alt.dev.null, Invalid wrote:
(stuff)

162 lines of ASCII art header, and you are plonking someone for
excessive quoting? Pot, meet kettle.

Elijah
------
grumble trn4...