Showing results 1 to 25 of 72
Search took 1.12 seconds.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 13th 13, 05:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
Can ATX PSU blow the mainboard?

On Monday, November 11, 2013 11:36:28 PM UTC-5, wrote:
They don't cause them, but they can allow them by not filtering out
voltage spikes from switching mode supplies or...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 11th 13, 12:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
Can ATX PSU blow the mainboard?

On Sunday, November 10, 2013 2:14:41 PM UTC-5, Flasherly wrote:
I then wrapped the PS with tin-foil, ostensibly, to determine I'd
stopped spurious RF propagation from (somehow) entering the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 10th 13, 05:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
Can ATX PSU blow the mainboard?

On Saturday, November 9, 2013 11:17:18 PM UTC-5, Flasherly wrote:
OK. So it wasn't capacitors, which just fine if you say so.

If capacitors cause damage, then included is how capacitors cause...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 10th 13, 03:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
Can ATX PSU blow the mainboard?

On Friday, November 8, 2013 9:07:05 PM UTC-5, Flasherly wrote:
Nonsense. Run a MB with failing capacitors. Besides a diet of PS
units, it'll also eventually take out drives.

Bad capacitors...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 9th 13, 12:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
Can ATX PSU blow the mainboard?

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:23:54 PM UTC-4, Jason wrote:
I may be mistaken but ISTR there's a possibility of a voltage surge when
the PSU goes.

If the PSU meets ATX specs and power supply...
Forum: General June 13th 13, 01:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
OT a bit - matching UPS with one's pc

On Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:44:12 PM UTC-4, miso wrote:
The double conversion scheme is a power conditioner and UPS at the same
time. If you understand electronics, it is far easier to absorb...
Forum: General June 12th 13, 12:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
OT a bit - matching UPS with one's pc

On Monday, June 10, 2013 5:58:25 PM UTC-4, Paul wrote:
Power rating is not the same thing as runtime. ...

A dumb manufacturer, could use the battery from a 450W
unit, in a 1200W product.
Forum: General June 10th 13, 02:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
OT a bit - matching UPS with one's pc

On Monday, June 10, 2013 1:19:04 AM UTC-4, Yes wrote:
I'll probably be buying a UPS for my pc soon and need to learn how to
size and match a UPS with my pc, but there's a lot of unclear info...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 6th 13, 03:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Exceeding PS's Rating At Startup: Problematic For Discs?

So you can put bread inside the computer to toast it? Your computer is not drawing anywhere near the power hyped by those only told to buy 800 watt supplies. How many watts does a disk drive use...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 12th 09, 01:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Who is building high quality power supplies?

On Feb 11, 8:06*am, "TVeblen" wrote:
Good to know. I've bought mice, keyboards, PCI cards from them. They work -
they're cheap. Power supplies and motherboards (not that...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 10th 09, 09:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
PC dying or dead- is mobo the cause?

On Feb 10, 8:40 am, jinxy wrote:
I will round up a psu and try one more time to breath life back
into this system. If all else fails she may be getting an early
birthday...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 30th 09, 08:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
I think it must be the power supply

On Jan 29, 6:24*pm, Bill Anderson wrote:
Question: *Could a failing power supply have been causing the video card
flakiness? *And if so, does it make any sense to...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 27th 09, 10:01 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Strange Hard Drive Failure Problem

On Jan 25, 8:11*pm, wrote:
I did recheck the drives in another machine. They remained dead.

The 3rd drive is working again. *I changed thepower supplyyet again
and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 18th 09, 12:58 AM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Network bridge problem

On Jan 16, 8:35*am, Quis custodiet ipsos custodes
wrote:
If there is an outdoor portion of about 3m, how weatherproof are
ethernet cables?

If buildings are so...
Forum: General January 18th 09, 12:58 AM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

wrote:
If there is an outdoor portion of about 3m, how weatherproof are
ethernet cables?

If buildings are so...
Forum: Dell Computers January 8th 09, 07:20 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Advice on purchasing Inspiron 1525 laptop

On Jan 8, 11:14*am, bud-- wrote:
Ho-hum. The same lies. The same drivel.

More insults because Bud cannot post numeric specs. Somehow his
obscenely overpriced protector...
Forum: Dell Computers January 7th 09, 09:14 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Advice on purchasing Inspiron 1525 laptop

On Jan 7, 11:55*am, "John Novicki Jr" wrote:
Evidently,westom1, you are the idiot. *For the amount of time you have
spend spewing garbage in these forums, you should have...
Forum: Dell Computers January 7th 09, 05:31 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Advice on purchasing Inspiron 1525 laptop

On Jan 7, 10:24*am, bud-- wrote:
The village idiot still can't find what Christopher posted. Or refuses
to find. w_ is a fan of Josef Goebbels and thinks if you repeat...
Forum: Dell Computers January 7th 09, 03:31 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Advice on purchasing Inspiron 1525 laptop

On Jan 6, 11:00 am, bud-- wrote:
The village idiot repeats the lie.

So again Bud posts denigrating replies rather than ... where is that
numeric spec that claims...
Forum: Dell Computers January 6th 09, 12:33 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Advice on purchasing Inspiron 1525 laptop

On Jan 5, 5:21*pm, "Christopher Muto" wrote:
thanks bud, nice to know that someone out there can read ;)
how on earth he thinks the circut in the apc notebook adapter is...
Forum: Dell Computers January 5th 09, 05:03 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Advice on purchasing Inspiron 1525 laptop

On Jan 5, 9:39*am, bud-- wrote:
Still not provided. * Why would you believe you have posted specs? *So
many posts and you still don't provide any numbers.

Forum: Dell Computers January 4th 09, 06:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Advice on purchasing Inspiron 1525 laptop

On Jan 3, 11:17*pm, "Christopher Muto" wrote:
wtf? *i provided a link to the product page that also has a detailed
specification page. *it is abundantly clear that you...
Forum: Dell Computers January 4th 09, 04:32 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Advice on purchasing Inspiron 1525 laptop

On Jan 3, 6:55 pm, "Christopher Muto" wrote:
did you read the specs for the apc device? it is far from a 'generic' power
strip. would love to know any refererance for...
Forum: Dell Computers January 4th 09, 12:36 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Advice on purchasing Inspiron 1525 laptop

On Dec 26 2008, 10:41*am, wrote:
Should I get a voltage stabilizer or spike guard should be enough? Can
anyone please explain which is better to buy for a laptop? I live in
Forum: Dell Computers January 4th 09, 12:13 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
20 Pin ATX Tester

On Jan 3, 8:55*am, wrote:
All I can add...I had a PC shop owner test the one I suspected
(ruptured electolytic) and it tested good with all idiot lights on!

That...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 72