Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dirk Munk
Forum: Storage & Hardrives August 13th 12, 08:47 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By Dirk Munk
Does TRIM support hurt data recovery?

As you will know an SSD can only write or erase data, it can not rewrite
data. If a rewrite is necessary, the disk will first have to erase the
old data and then write the new data. That is very...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives August 5th 07, 08:30 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By Dirk Munk
Procedure to add a second brocade switch 4100 in my fabric

wrote:
Hi All,

I have a single switch brocade 4100 "have already configured some
zone"
I bought a new one and i'm looking for procedure to connect this
switch with...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives June 9th 07, 07:58 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By Dirk Munk
QLogic QLA2312F Card

Will wrote:
Does anyone know what the QLogic QLA2312F card is? QLogic says it is OEM
for HP. HP says it isn't their card at all.

On insertion to any Wintel PCI system, the entire system...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 2nd 07, 09:22 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.arch.storage
Replies: 32
Posted By Dirk Munk
Failure of brand new drive... possibly due to staggered spinup?

Maxim S. Shatskih wrote:
The whole thing is kind of amazing: toggling the "power up in standby"
feature caused the BIOS of *three* desktop computers to pronounce the
drive dead, and to...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives June 2nd 07, 09:22 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.arch.storage
Replies: 31

Maxim S. Shatskih wrote:
The whole thing is kind of amazing: toggling the "power up in standby"
feature caused the BIOS of *three* desktop computers to pronounce the
drive dead, and to...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives April 26th 07, 08:50 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 10
Posted By Dirk Munk
How good is an EMC SAN?

Igor Batinic wrote:
Hi everyone...

Dirk Munk wrote:
Wilfred Pickles wrote:

Very nice commercial, now back to our regular show...

No, not a commercial. Hands on experience...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives April 26th 07, 04:59 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 10
Posted By Dirk Munk
How good is an EMC SAN?

Wilfred Pickles wrote:
Dirk Munk wrote in
:

MQCarpenter wrote:
I am exploring SAN options at the office and keep reading that...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives April 25th 07, 10:49 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 10
Posted By Dirk Munk
How good is an EMC SAN?

MQCarpenter wrote:
I am exploring SAN options at the office and keep reading that EMC is
the best. I am not doing FC, but am looking at a CX300i. How good is
this product compared to the...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives April 1st 07, 11:03 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By Dirk Munk
Solaris sd driver and lpfc

If I'm not mistaken the advise is to keep sd.conf as small as possible,
only entering the luns that really exist.

On the other hand, booting Solaris can take ages, so a few more seconds
who...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives March 16th 07, 08:55 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By Dirk Munk
WWNs of HBAs

ernest wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to look for ways to find out the WWNs of the HBAs from
different types of hosts.

Solaris:
For 5.10 there's the command "fcinfo hba-port". For 5.8/5.9...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives March 5th 07, 09:04 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By Dirk Munk
SAN devices & OS compatibility

Steve Adams wrote:
Hello.

I'm wondering if someone could explain to me why a particular SAN
storage solution, like say a Sun Storedge 6920, wouldn't work with a
Novell file server,...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11