Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Adrian C
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 15th 14, 04:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 34
Posted By Adrian C
New build won't start up.

On 15/03/2014 14:50, Mark wrote:

Anything I haven't thought of?

Remove all memory, does it beep?

Yes. I get a continuous tone. Does this tell us anything?

CPU works, but it's (at...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 15th 14, 03:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 34
Posted By Adrian C
New build won't start up.

On 15/03/2014 13:54, Mark wrote:
Usual problem - new build, no beep, no display.

Parts:
AMD A10-7850K CPU
Gigabyte GA-G1.Sniper A88X Motherboard
Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 430W
Kingston...
Forum: General January 31st 11, 07:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 20
Posted By Adrian C
motherboard pwr_on pins resistance?

On 31/01/2011 17:42, mynick wrote:
On Jan 31, 5:20 pm, Adrian wrote:
On 31/01/2011 15:16, mynick wrote:

What you should get between those pins of a good PC mobo...
Forum: General January 31st 11, 05:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 20
Posted By Adrian C
motherboard pwr_on pins resistance?

On 31/01/2011 15:16, mynick wrote:
What you should get between those pins of a good PC mobo when you
test with ohm-meter

Normally, something other than a dead short.

--
Adrian C
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 26th 11, 08:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt

On 26/01/2011 11:29, Sandi wrote:
I am in the UK. Is it worth upgrading the memory in my old WinXP PC? It's
an Athlon 3400+ (socket 939) with 1GB PC3200.

It has an empty memory slot, I can...
Forum: General December 20th 10, 11:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Adrian C
Standard azimuth angle for displays?

On 20/12/2010 13:25, Paullie wrote:
Is there a standard viewing angle for flat panel displays to get the best
definition and color?

I mean the up-down azimuth angle.

My wife insists on...
Forum: General January 13th 10, 11:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 4
Posted By Adrian C
What brand of memory is this?

On 13/01/2010 21:47, Mike Easter wrote:

http://www.legacyelectronics.com/pn_search_detail.php?sid=2869

This link seems to indicate 'exactly' that ram and the part number is
'Micron' - but...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 13th 10, 11:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 11
Posted By Adrian C
What brand of memory is this?

On 13/01/2010 21:47, Mike Easter wrote:

http://www.legacyelectronics.com/pn_search_detail.php?sid=2869

This link seems to indicate 'exactly' that ram and the part number is
'Micron' - but...
Forum: Printers December 20th 09, 02:14 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By Adrian C
Dell 1320c printer password (update)

newshound wrote:

There's stuff in the Dell "Community" forums but the search tool is
peculiar.

The Dell community forumns used to have a very good search facility and
board organisation,...
Forum: General December 6th 09, 11:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 23
Posted By Adrian C
Laptop display all white

Adrian C wrote:
Barry Watzman wrote:
No, wrong.

There is NO connection between the inverter board of any laptop and
the LCD panel other than the lamp.

Thinkpad T20-T23?

And...
Forum: General December 6th 09, 11:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 23
Posted By Adrian C
Laptop display all white

Barry Watzman wrote:
No, wrong.

There is NO connection between the inverter board of any laptop and the
LCD panel other than the lamp.

Thinkpad T20-T23?

And your whole dissertation...
Forum: General December 5th 09, 11:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 23
Posted By Adrian C
Laptop display all white

John Doue wrote:

Interesting. But what is wrong then in the OP's machine?

My take on this.

With some LCD display types, a 'panel bias voltage' is required to be
supplied to the LCD...
Forum: General November 24th 09, 01:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Adrian C
Transcend, Lexar or Kingston for USB drive?

beccy wrote:
Transcend JetFlash
Lexar JumpDrive
Kingston Data Traveler Mini Slim

Which ever one has a design that ye can't easily lose the cap!

--
Adrian C
Forum: Dell Computers November 17th 09, 04:19 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware

Paul wrote:

One question about this purchase, is whether the
version of WinXP on the machine is genuine or not.
Sometimes, when they recycle a machine, they remove
the OS.

There are quite a...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors November 16th 09, 07:29 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 2
Posted By Adrian C
Uk... Comp.... Vendors... where are you...? ! ... Where haveyou gone ...!... ?...

News Reader wrote:
This group used to be and is (at least in theory - if a bit empty / dead at
the moment)... great fun and interesting..

... where has all the chat of old gone... ebuyer......
Forum: Acer Computers September 28th 09, 07:22 PM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 13
Posted By Adrian C
Can't turn off wireless.

~misfit~ wrote:
Somewhere on teh intarwebs Paul H wrote:
I found it. The indicator light above the function keys, while not
appearing to depress, somehow knows when one runs a finger over...
Forum: Acer Computers September 22nd 09, 12:16 AM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 13
Posted By Adrian C
Can't turn off wireless.

Paul H wrote:
I have a new laptop - an ACER 5810TZ-4274 - but I cannot turn off the
wireless. Every other laptop had a switch, but I cannot find one in the
documentation. Since I use...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors August 4th 09, 09:49 AM Posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 10
Posted By Adrian C
THANKS: Where to buy a Dell Laptop Battery?

[Lnz] wrote:
Thanks to Conor, DC and DrTeeth for the suggestions.

What puzzled me no end was that a significant number of apparently
different sites all led to a single company (Zanut...
Forum: General February 27th 09, 09:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Replies: 18
Posted By Adrian C
Computer won't boot up - mobo?

Lil' Dave wrote:

It may not apply here. I did run across one motherboard a few years ago
that required chassis grounding via a screw through one standoff to the PC
chassis. I was using...
Forum: General February 21st 09, 01:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Adrian C
off-topic: seek best MP3 hardware forums

kony wrote:
I don't know of any products that do all this, but it seems
you will need to get a purpose-specific recorder, it is
unlikely an MP3 player offers most, if any, of these
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 21st 09, 01:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

kony wrote:
I don't know of any products that do all this, but it seems
you will need to get a purpose-specific recorder, it is
unlikely an MP3 player offers most, if any, of these
Forum: General January 19th 09, 10:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 31
Posted By Adrian C
Hard Drive making Explorer crash

Synapse Syndrome wrote:

Is there something I can boot into to make a raw backup of everything on it,
and recover from that?

Not boot into but ...

DriveImage...
Forum: Dell Computers December 2nd 08, 02:17 AM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By Adrian C
Wireless speakers for laptop?

John Doue wrote:
Bill,

I think Adrian meant, interference due to commercial stations and others.

Yeah, depends where you are - but here (London, UK) the FM band is a bit
crowded with...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 25th 08, 10:52 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 13
Posted By Adrian C
decent NAS

Simon Finnigan wrote:
Maybe worth looking for a HP Proliant ML115 server? In the £120 region
when I bought one, and a fully featured server. No OS/monitor, but i`d
be surprised if you got...
Forum: Dell Computers June 30th 08, 11:32 AM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Adrian C
sleep / resume problems - dell inspiron, vista

Ric wrote:
Hi All,
Got a new Dell Inspiron 1525 running Vista Home Premium. Clean Dell
build. I've noticed if you allow it to go into sleep that it doesn't
recover: you have to power it off...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31