Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.57 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: blockster
Forum: Dell Computers April 18th 09, 05:29 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By blockster
Power Issues

Thanks to those who replied. I just ordered a Thermaltake power
supply and will give that a shot. Fuse is blackened and probably died
a traumatic death.

Jim Block

On Apr 15, 10:38�am,...
Forum: Dell Computers April 15th 09, 04:08 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By blockster
Power Issues

On Apr 14, 4:25*pm, "William R. Walsh" wrote:
Hi!

A relative asked me to look at his Dim 5100 that suddenly died.
1) *Does the power supply fuse ever blow without...
Forum: Dell Computers April 14th 09, 09:13 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By blockster
Power Issues

Hi All-

A relative asked me to look at his Dim 5100 that suddenly died. I
opened the power supply and see that the 6.3 Amp wired-in fuse is
blown. I could replace it rather easily, but I had a few...
Forum: Dell Computers November 14th 08, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By blockster
Inspiron 6000 Backlight Replacement

On Nov 14, 4:33�pm, "Dean-MN" wrote:
Hi,
I have an Inspiron 6000 that has its 15.4" WXGA+ display going black from
time to time. �In doing research on the problem, I find...
Forum: Dell Computers November 11th 07, 12:34 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 29
Posted By blockster
Can't boot past bios

On Nov 10, 10:16?am, "S.Lewis" wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

Forum: Dell Computers November 10th 07, 05:24 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 16
Posted By blockster
Dimension E521 boot problems

I have an Inspiron 4000 Pentium 3 that has had similar problems
recently. I finally found that when I removed the mini-pci modem/nic
the computer boots perfectly every time. When I reinstall the...
Forum: Dell Computers September 9th 07, 05:35 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By blockster
Inspiron 4000 erratic boot

On Sep 8, 8:12?pm, "S.Lewis" wrote:
"blockster" wrote in message

Hi All-
Forum: Dell Computers September 8th 07, 11:19 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By blockster
Inspiron 4000 erratic boot

Hi All-

I have an old Inspiron 4000 used pretty much just for wireless web
surfing. Pentium3 running Windows ME with 128mb RAM.

For the last few days, after pushing the power button, the...
Forum: Dell Computers October 28th 06, 03:14 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By blockster
Replacing Inspiron 4000 hinge

On Oct 26, 11:25*pm, "S.Lewis" wrote:
"blockster" wrote in ...

Does anyone know what is...
Forum: Dell Computers October 27th 06, 04:12 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 36
Posted By blockster
Dell On Site Warranty- Why Bother?

On Oct 26, 11:00*pm, Dan wrote:
So is the pay. *Latitude techs get 3-4 times as much as
inspiron...more motivation (and better techs...the bottom-feeders are
reserved for...
Forum: Dell Computers October 27th 06, 04:04 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By blockster
Replacing Inspiron 4000 hinge

Does anyone know what is involved in replacing the right hinge on an
Inspiron 4000? I can get the part easily enough on Ebay, but I could
not find Dell documentation that deals specifically with...
Forum: Dell Computers September 20th 06, 12:34 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By blockster
Another question

Jay B wrote:
after you booted rom the CD and started installing, were you given the
option to do a full format of the hard drive?? you should do it.

that is why that option is there, to make...
Forum: Dell Computers September 19th 06, 04:02 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By blockster
Another question

blockster wrote:
S.Lewis wrote:
"blockster" wrote in message
I am back again for more help from the...
Forum: Dell Computers September 19th 06, 01:43 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By blockster
Another question

S.Lewis wrote:
"blockster" wrote in message
I am back again for more help from the group. I am about to give...
Forum: Dell Computers September 19th 06, 12:11 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By blockster
Another question

I am back again for more help from the group. I am about to give up
using Linux to diagnose my Inspiron 4000 and its nonfunctioning PCMCIA
slots---decided to go to Newegg and get a USB adapter for...
Forum: Dell Computers September 18th 06, 03:18 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By blockster
Need help with Linux boot

Hi Folks-

Last week while asking for help with a PCMCIA Wireless card problem on
my Inspiron 4000, Nicholas mentioned that I could try booting with
Knoppix to see if my ethernet card was...
Forum: Dell Computers September 12th 06, 04:02 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By blockster
Ideas Please

blockster wrote:
BigJIm wrote:
you can always get a usb wireless wifi
"blockster" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers September 12th 06, 03:33 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By blockster
Ideas Please

Nicholas Andrade wrote:
blockster wrote:
S.Lewis wrote:
"blockster" wrote in message
Christopher...
Forum: Dell Computers September 12th 06, 03:22 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By blockster
Ideas Please

BigJIm wrote:
you can always get a usb wireless wifi
"blockster" wrote in message
Hi All-

My Old...
Forum: Dell Computers September 12th 06, 04:58 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By blockster
Ideas Please

S.Lewis wrote:
"blockster" wrote in message

Christopher Muto wrote:
the inspiron 4000 has an internal...
Forum: Dell Computers September 12th 06, 01:12 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By blockster
Ideas Please

Christopher Muto wrote:
the inspiron 4000 has an internal mini pci slow that supports an internal
modem, internal network adapter (wired), or combination modem/network
adapter. it also has two...
Forum: Dell Computers September 11th 06, 09:15 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By blockster
Ideas Please

Christopher Muto wrote:
the inspiron 4000 has an internal mini pci slow that supports an internal
modem, internal network adapter (wired), or combination modem/network
adapter. it also has two...
Forum: Dell Computers September 11th 06, 08:47 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By blockster
Ideas Please

Hi All-

My Old Inspiron 4000 just stopped recognizing mini pc cards. (PCMCIA)
The wireless G card that I had in there worked one day and was totally
dead the next. Replacing the wireless card did...
Forum: Dell Computers August 10th 06, 06:42 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By blockster
Latitude 420--Core Duo

Nicholas Andrade wrote:
blockster wrote:
Hi folks-

I need to purchase a laptop for my college bound son this week. He
wants a small screen-real lightweight ultraportable. Looking...
Forum: Dell Computers August 9th 06, 10:06 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By blockster
Latitude 420--Core Duo

Clint wrote:
Depends on what you want it for. If you want to play games like Oblivion
and other intense ones, it probably sucks (but then again, so would most
laptops). If you want to take it...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26